England v India 2021 Cricket Test Series

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The lad is untouchable at the moment. Amazing effortless knock today.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The way Root drops and runs and sniffs out cheap runs must be infuriating for Kohli. He can't tie Root down because he's just too good.
It’s so much harder to get batsmen out when they’re like that too. You saw it coming with Hameed earlier when during a really good innings the runs dried up and he got stuck. You felt there a wicket was coming albeit from a good ball

Balljy

Root has now scored 500 in 5 innings. He's incredible to watch in this form.

Fully Fledged

The middle order is made of glass again. I know they should be in a winning position but this is poor from the likes of Butler and Ali.

Dan_F

The middle order is made of glass again. I know they should be in a winning position but this is poor from the likes of Butler and Ali.
Feels wrong to complain, but it’s pretty frustrating not to be looking at a lead over 400.

Agent Red

Hoped Bairstow, Buttler, Ali might do better in this position with the pressure off and some licence to play. None of them really able to do anything different to normal though, still a big worry.

Really pleased for Hameed after his disaster at Lords.

Fully Fledged

Hoped Bairstow, Buttler, Ali might do better in this position with the pressure off and some licence to play. None of them really able to do anything different to normal though, still a big worry.

Really pleased for Hameed after his disaster at Lords.
Very. It was good to see the opening pair making 100+

Dan_F

Why is Curran chasing balls that are going over his head at this point in the day.

Fully Fledged

Why is Curran chasing balls that are going over his head at this point in the day.
It's beyond me. I know we are 340 up but if the middle order hadn't thrown their wickets away we could have been beyond a India win by the end of tomorrow.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's beyond me. I know we are 340 up but if the middle order hadn't thrown their wickets away we could have been beyond a India win by the end of tomorrow.
Beyond an India win?

How exactly do they win this from here?

Dan_F

Beyond an India win?

How exactly do they win this from here?
Kohli finds a performance befitting of his reputation? It’s obviously very unlikely, but not out of the realms of possibility that a decent test team can find a big score on this pitch.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Kohli finds a performance befitting of his reputation? It’s obviously very unlikely, but not out of the realms of possibility that a decent test team can find a big score on this pitch.

Bloody hell lads, i thought i was pessimistic sometimes.

NM

Typical India (especially under Kohli) to drop so low after a high. As his batting gets worse, we really need to find another test captain.

Fully Fledged

I don't think anybody believes we will lose but we have left runs in this wicket that we could have had on the board. It's more that the middle order needs to find form. Going to the crease 200 up on a pitch that India couldn't get to seam should have been the perfect time to find that form. Chasing bouncers above your head is not the way to find that form.

Dan_F

Huh? I literally said it’s very unlikely. Unless you think it’s impossible India can score 400 plus on a flat pitch against England’s, what, third bowling unit + Anderson.

Fully Fledged

We haven’t won in 7 test matches and did you see our batting in the last game. Nothing is beyond the realms of possibility where England are involved.
Half way thorough India's second innings in the last game it looked like England's game to lose. Then on the last day with about 2 hours to go it looked like it was a stick on draw and somehow we managed to lose it. I'm never certain with the English test team.

The ODI and 20/20 teams are competitive but when it comes to tests....

Dan_F

Just for clarity, it is possible to be disappointed that some of the out of form batsmen chucked their wickets away, but still be happy about the match situation.

It is possible to think the game is almost done, but be wary that India have one of the best batters in history, plus England have a big history of collapses.

Although you can’t blame us, after all we were told last week that England can’t compete against the best right?

Fully Fledged

Just for clarity, it is possible to be disappointed that some of the out of form batsmen chucked their wickets away, but still be happy about the match situation.

It is possible to think the game is almost done, but be wary that India have one of the best batters in history, plus England have a big history of collapses.

Although you can’t blame us, after all we were told last week that England can’t compete against the best right?
For me it's the fact that the whole middle order gave their wickets up cheaply. Yes I still believe we will win the game but if in the next match we don't have such a good start can we rely on the middle order to dig us out?

Mcking

India could put on 600 in two days, and then bowl out England on the final day.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
For me it's the fact that the whole middle order gave their wickets up cheaply. Yes I still believe we will win the game but if in the next match we don't have such a good start can we rely on the middle order to dig us out?
No.

LDUred

It’s so much harder to get batsmen out when they’re like that too. You saw it coming with Hameed earlier when during a really good innings the runs dried up and he got stuck. You felt there a wicket was coming albeit from a good ball
Agreed. It is that ability to effortlessly tick along at a 50+ strike rate that sets Root apart. Most batsmen have to take more risks and be aggressive to do that but Root is just coasting along while pocketing runs. It is so special.