England v India 2021 Cricket Test Series

zing

Zingle balls
So it seems "Jarvo" again interrupted the play today. Seems pretty awful that he has managed to evade security and gone to the ground twice now.
It's really strange -- the risk due to covid/bio-secure bubbles etc is enormous to the tune of millions of dollars if test matches get affected. The two Sri Lankans got slapped with enormous fines and suspensions for breaking the bubble.

This guy has walked in 3 tests in a row - it seems very inept. I am surprised he's not been threatened with legal action.

zing

Zingle balls
Wonder where all those who were here yesterday mocking the idea that India would get 500 in this innings .
In the history of test cricket, there have been only 3 times where a first innings deficit of 200 was overturned:
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ka-vs-australia-1st-test-63580/full-scorecard
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ca-vs-australia-3rd-test-62706/full-scorecard
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ia-vs-pakistan-2nd-test-406200/full-scorecard

We can rule one of them out because Kamran Akmal was surely on the take for that.

The closest comparable to this one is the 2nd one and that had a deficit of 250.

In 100 years of test cricket, what some people in this thread have been worried about has never happened. I am not knocking it - this is how all of us who support a team think, but it's a completely irrational position. Can India get something out of this? Sure they can(and I hope we do). Will it be a hell of a statistical anomaly? Also yes.

Balljy

It's really strange -- the risk due to covid/bio-secure bubbles etc is enormous to the tune of millions of dollars if test matches get affected. The two Sri Lankans got slapped with enormous fines and suspensions for breaking the bubble.

This guy has walked in 3 tests in a row - it seems very inept. I am surprised he's not been threatened with legal action.
There's no restrictions once you're within the UK though so he hasn't broken any Covid rules. I see what you're saying as it could cost a lot if one of the teams got it, but there isn't any legal basis for it I think unfortunately. Maybe that's something they need to think about for these sort of events and travelling teams.

Dan_F

In the history of test cricket, there have been only 3 times where a first innings deficit of 200 was overturned:
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ka-vs-australia-1st-test-63580/full-scorecard
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ca-vs-australia-3rd-test-62706/full-scorecard
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ia-vs-pakistan-2nd-test-406200/full-scorecard

We can rule one of them out because Kamran Akmal was surely on the take for that.

The closest comparable to this one is the 2nd one and that had a deficit of 250.

In 100 years of test cricket, what some people in this thread have been worried about has never happened. I am not knocking it - this is how all of us who support a team think, but it's a completely irrational position. Can India get something out of this? Sure they can(and I hope we do). Will it be a hell of a statistical anomaly? Also yes.
This is all true, but the original conversation was about letting India back in the game. Which they undoubtedly are. Even if India can score another 300 runs, you’d back England to chase it on the final day (just about :wenger:), but it wouldn’t be a certainty.

zing

Zingle balls
There's something about batting in test cricket that makes you unrealistically optimistic.

I hope we bat this one session out without a wicket

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
One more quick wicket away from the match here you'd think. India need a Pant miracle.

AshRK

Poor from kohli. Same way of being dismissed. I think that's the match for India. Kohli should be really disappointed here.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Watching India Cricket Team lose is as enjoyable as watching your National team win.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Pant has looked dreadful in this series. Either slog or block.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Umpires having a nightmare. Luckily has not really mattered.

Tough pitch to judge the bounce on.

paulscholes18

It like the Rohit one yesterday where it just looked out, yet somehow missing the stumps

Dan_F

Umpires not having the best of matches!
Another. Almost identical to the one given out the other day on a very marginal umpires call. There looked enough doubt to give them both not out.

AshRK

Never understand Jadeja's logic when playing with a tail. Always takes the single off the first ball. Becomes brainless when batting it seems.

paulscholes18

Never understand Jadeja's logic when playing with a tail. Always takes the single off the first ball. Becomes brainless when batting it seems.
Especially when India are effectively playing with 4 no 11’s

zing

Zingle balls
Might be rahane last game in the series and for awhile. Will be good to see who replaces him

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Might be rahane last game in the series and for awhile. Will be good to see who replaces him
No chance Kohli n Shastri drop him. In fact I think he will both of the remaining tests and only failure in all 4 innings might cost him his place.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Yep great stuff from England. I didnt see that coming.

Cant wait for the next test now.

AshRK

Good win for England. Well played and deserved. As for Kohli and management I hope they set aside their ego and play their best spinner.