England V India

Spoony

Right.

Predictions? I reckon we'll win 2-0. The only way we'll lose is if they create cheating spinning wickets. IF that happens, the result of this will be a victory to us by default.

Spoony

They haven't got the bowlers to trouble us*

*unless they create spinning pitches.

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
When does this start?

If the fecking tests have 600 run innings there's no fecking point in it.

Spoony

Just say we're going to win.

And the only way we'll lose is if they cheat.

Slabber

Yes. Well done England. That's two defeats in a row for India.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Cant see us losing this one, not after losing to Pakistan.

We generally prepare result oriented pitches.. wheather it seems or turns is irrelevant. Its a bit of a dillemma, we could prepare spinner friendly tracks and embarass the English(im sure they would prepare seaming tracks for us in England). But i want our pace attack to develope over the the years, and they usually get no assitance on our pitches at home.

Spoony

amolbhatia100 said:
Cant see us losing this one, not after losing to Pakistan.

We generally prepare result oriented pitches.. wheather it seems or turns is irrelevant. Its a bit of a dillemma, we could prepare spinner friendly tracks and embarass the English(im sure they would prepare seaming tracks for us in England). But i want our pace attack to develope over the the years, and they usually get no assitance on our pitches at home.

Only Headingly seams about. The rest are very good wickets. That have a little in it for the bowlers,good bounce for the batsmen and they take spin on the last day, usually.

We'll beat you on normal decent pitches anywhere in the world.

amolbhatia50k

Spoony said:
Only Headingly seams about. The rest are very good wickets. That have a little in it for the bowlers,good bounce for the batsmen and they take spin on the last day, usually.

We'll beat you on normal decent pitches anywhere in the world.
What the feck are decent pitches? Pitches in India help the pacers on the first day and usually always a bit with the new ball, they are obviously spinner friendly, more so on the 4th and 5th days.. and theyr good for batsman who arent shit against spin.

Whereas your pitches are the reverse for pacers and spinners.. they help the spinners rarely, and are good for batsman who apply themselves well and pacers. Theres not much of a difference, its just tilting the balance the other side.

Spoony

amolbhatia100 said:
What the feck are decent pitches? Pitches in India help the pacers on the first day and usually always a bit with the new ball, they are obviously spinner friendly, more so on the 4th and 5th days.. and theyr good for batsman who arent shit against spin.

Whereas your pitches are the reverse for pacers and spinners.. they help the spinners rarely, and are good for batsman who apply themselves well and pacers. Theres not much of a difference, its just tilting the balance the other side.

Our pitches take spin on the last day, as should all decent pitches. As I said, a good pitch should have enough it for everyone.

Ones that spin from the off, aren't.

amolbhatia50k

Spoony said:
Our pitches take spin on the last day, as should all decent pitches. As I said, a good pitch should have enough it for everyone.

Ones that spin from the off, aren't.
Thats your opinion. Pitches in England are hopeless for spinners.. and Warne doesnt count because he always has your lot in a tangle.

Spoony

amolbhatia100 said:
Thats your opinion. Pitches in England are hopeless for spinners.. and Warne doesnt count because he always has your lot in a tangle.

Pitches offer spin on the last day. Not just warne, but a few spinners have taken wickets in Tests over here.

amolbhatia50k

Spoony said:
Pitches offer spin on the last day. Not just warne, but a few spinners have taken wickets in Tests over here.
So have a few pacers in India.. Its really a lame arguement. Pitches in India are nothing like those which we just saw in Pakistan aganst us and England.. those are truely awful pitches. The rest are just fine.

Spoony

amolbhatia100 said:
So have a few pacers in India.. Its really a lame arguement. Pitches in India are nothing like those which we just saw in Pakistan aganst us and England.. those are truely awful pitches. The rest are just fine.

They were awful pitches indeed. And ones that turn from the first day are equally as bad.

I'd ban you both from international cricket.

amolbhatia50k

Spoony said:
They were awful pitches indeed. And ones that turn from the first day are equally as bad.

I'd ban you both from international cricket.
Id ban you from this forum.

Red-Indian

Spoony said:
Right.

Predictions? I reckon we'll win 2-0. The only way we'll lose is if they create cheating spinning wickets. IF that happens, the result of this will be a victory to us by default.
I'd keep off the grass if I were you. 2-0 indeed. India 2 - Flintoff 0 in my opinion. Kumble will take 14 wickets in Nagpur, you'll bravely draw the one in Mohali through a spectacular rearguard action, and we'll wrap it up with a thrilling 5th day last hour win in Mumbai.

There'll be much wringing of hands, you'll make Flintoff captain and decide to suspend any further tours in India till you learn how to play spin.

Spoony

Red-Indian said:
I'd keep off the grass if I were you. 2-0 indeed. India 2 - Flintoff 0 in my opinion. Kumble will take 14 wickets in Nagpur, you'll bravely draw the one in Mohali through a spectacular rearguard action, and we'll wrap it up with a thrilling 5th day last hour win in Mumbai.

There'll be much wringing of hands, you'll make Flintoff captain and decide to suspend any further tours in India till you learn how to play spin.

I like you Red Indian. You're not as crazy as the rest of your clan.

But this prediction is wrong. As Slabbs said, we've already won.

Red-Indian

Thats it then. Its all over for you. We'll just have to beat you so badly, he'll change his citizenship in shame.

3 innings defeats it is on pitches that'll turn square after the first 15 minutes. You won't be able to see the bowler through the dust clouds.

You might as well send him over. Tell you what, we'll give you Ajit Agarkar in exchange. Top top allrounder. Fastest man to 50 wickets. You surely can't refuse a deal like that.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
amolbhatia100 said:
The England series was great, the first test could have gone either way, the other two produced results, all three matches offered something for the seamers and spinners.

Granted the first two tests against India were shocking wickets, the third was a great wicket, India lost that match on the first day when they failed to capitalise on the early advantage, credit to Akmal for that brilliant century.

Slabber

Why is Vijay allowed to post in this forum?

I'll have a word with the mods.

amolbhatia50k

Sultan said:
The England series was great, the first test could have gone either way, the other two produced results, all three matches offered something for the seamers and spinners.

Granted the first two tests against India were shocking wickets, the third was a great wicket, India lost that match on the first day when they failed to capitalise on the early advantage, credit to Akmal for that brilliant century.
I really didnt watch the England series. But after the series loss all the English fans here said the pitches were substandard and poor for the game of cricket.. so im just going by what they said.

I know why we lost the third test and all, but again the pitches for the first two tests were abysmal.

Spoony

amolbhatia100 said:

I know why we lost the third test
Because you're shite. So is Tendulkar and you've got a rubbish bowling line up.

Lossssseeeeeeeeers. We've already won in India.

Dowders_Jnr

There are a few things to consider before calling this.

England will be fresher than India, but then India would have more recent match practice, which I think will stand them in better stead than us. India will be desperate to put on a show especially after Pakistan, so their reaction will be intriguing.

We need to win the 1st test to stand any chance of winning this in my opinion. Our seamers need to hit the ground running, or we could get buggered by Sehwag. This tour surely can't be as disrupted from an injury and absence perspective as Pakistan and hopefully Freddie's missus will keep her bun in the oven until the end of the 3rd test.

If our batsmen return to form, the return of Simon Jones and the promise of Panesar, maybe we shouldn't be that afraid.

But we should be under no illusions, India are favourites and we're gonna have to play out of our skins.

Dubai_Devil

If Simon Jones picks up where he left off before his injury England will win this one.

Dubai_Devil

Dancuffe said:
Deep thinking.

Now feck Off, as you're so fond of saying, is that a buzz phrase? I do hope so!!
What are you on about?

Spastic.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
2-1 to India. Nobody beats India in India............unless the match is fixed ;) Not sure the England bowlers will have what it takes to knock over the Indians on flat decks. Also with England looking very suspect against quality spin bowling this could be a hard series for them.

I think the pitches will spin but if other teams do it why shouldn't India? I reckon Pakistan got the Indian batsman into a false sense of security and then had a green top waiting for them, they knew the indians couldn't out bowl them and won the series. England created pitches ideal for reverse swing, they knew the Aussies didn't have bowlers who are experts at reversing the ball and that most of these Aussies hadn't faced the likes or Waqar or Akram so wouldn't have a clue how to play it. They won the series as well. A lot of people throw up a fuss about home teams creating conditions that favour them but it has been happening for years. Shouldn't happen but what can ya do eh.......