England V India

Dowders_Jnr

amolbhatia100 said:
Ermm im not lying to anyone. If we had played like India normally does at home we would have battered England, just like Pakistan did. A few errors here and there, and some poor batting ruined it, but im not worried. Although it is amusing how you and some others want me to 'worry' about the state of Indian cricket.
Thank Christ! I was really worried that you might actually be able to interpret something intelligently for a change and come out with a sophisticated response. Again you look at things your own deluded way, leaving yourself the cherished pariah of this thread.

The relief coursing through my veins at the moment, well....you could bottle it!

Spoony

When was the last time India actually won a series at home against a decent outfit?

Slabber

amolbhatia100 said:
Alrighty. But it doesnt change the fact that you did lose in both forms of the game in Pakistan. Nothing wrong in that, you've always got the last Ashes to fall back on.
Seriously, you're losing the little credibility you had as a poster on the subject of cricket.

If that doesn't bother you, carry on...

Dowders_Jnr

amolbhatia100 said:
Weirdo. Both forms of cricket are obviously counted. You didnt just lose the tests in Pakistan, that would have been a bad tour. But you also lost the one dayers which made it a disaster.
The ODI's compared to Tests, are like the annoying cousin that you beat up at the family parties, then lock in your uncles shed.... We don't give a toss.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Spoony said:
See, this is the type of poster, I can't be arsed debating with.

The fact remains, we drew in India. No ifs, buts and maybes. We drew without five, yes, five frontline players. We won a test match on a spinning wicket against 'the greatest spinners in the world TM'. . .after supposedly having players that couldn't play spin(ha ha ha). Udal, yes SHAUN fecking Udal bowled out your 'best players of spinners, ever TM'. Face it. You're just not that good. That's a fact. Look at your recent results and your ageing players, and it's not hard to see.

You're suffering from myopia.
You see it the way you want to. What do you mean the fact is you drew in India? You're talking as if its a big achievement. Moral victory, yes, big time, because you were missing those players. But overall its barely an achivement. When you lost in Pakistan, i could easily have rambled on about how rubbish England were, and how they bottled chasing a 100 odd score in the first test and went on to lose everything else. But i didnt, because when you put things in perspective, even at the time, i knew England were a talented team and they've now come here and shown they do have the character to bounce back. So things change fast. England are a better test side than we are, were the better One day team. But as i said these things change quickly, a year and a half back(and we havent toured many countries in that time) we were the better test side, so i wouldnt take all this so seriously. But well done, good performance in India in the tests.

Slabber

amolbhatia100 said:
Moral victory, yes, big time, because you were missing those players. But overall its barely an achivement.
Eh?

You've spent the last 6 months boasting about how playing in India is the greatest measure of anyone.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Spoony

amolbhatia100 said:
You see it the way you want to. What do you mean the fact is you drew in India? You're talking as if its a big achievement. Moral victory, yes, big time, because you were missing those players. But overall its barely an achivement. When you lost in Pakistan, i could easily have rambled on about how rubbish England were, and how they bottled chasing a 100 odd score in the first test and went on to lose everything else. But i didnt, because when you put things in perspective, even at the time, i knew England were a talented team and they've now come here and shown they do have the character to bounce back. So things change fast. England are a better test side than we are, were the better One day team. But as i said these things change quickly, a year and a half back(and we havent toured many countries in that time) we were the better test side, so i wouldnt take all this so seriously. But well done, good performance in India in the tests.

Yes, it's an achievement considering we were without 5 players. And basically played the better cricket, with a team full of bit part players throughout the series. In which we really only had one bad day. We weren't expecting anything out of the series, after the injuries/and missing players.

Pakistan at home and Aus away. Next two biggies. Can't wait.

amolbhatia50k

Slabber said:
Seriously, you're losing the little credibility you had as a poster on the subject of cricket.

If that doesn't bother you, carry on...
People here barring a few of you barely know anything about the game. I dont see why i shouldnt count ODI's. I'v already said England are the better test team ATM. Just because some of you dont care about that format doesnt mean it doesnt matter. One reason why this Australian side was considered great was because it won two back to back world cups. So that format of the game might not be of any importance to you, and personally i do give tests more importance, but ODI's are big these days, and i give both weightage when judging a player or a team. We are ATM beginning to stumble as a test side but have been excellent in the one dayers. A year or so ago it was the opposite. So fine, you give importance to whatever you feel like, but i dont see why its so bizzare to count one day performances of a team.

Dowders_Jnr

The Pakistan tour was derailed by the injuries, just the same way this tour could have been. People need to remember that for 4 days of the first Test we dominated, the second was a draw, the third....yes I admit, we were shite. The gap isn't big, in fact, I'm sure the summer series will show that we are the better side. Just as we are a better side than India. Putting on a good level of performance on one of the most demanding tours, playing the better stuff, and intergrating these new players that have shown they can do a job in addition to the key players that were missing is a sign that we are improving and steadily. I have to say, without a shade of bias, I think we're developing better than you are, all things considered.

Slabber

amolbhatia100 said:
People here barring a few of you barely know anything about the game. I dont see why i shouldnt count ODI's. I'v already said England are the better test team ATM. Just because some of you dont care about that format doesnt mean it doesnt matter. One reason why this Australian side was considered great was because it won two back to back world cups. So that format of the game might not be of any importance to you, and personally i do give tests more importance, but ODI's are big these days, and i give both weightage when judging a player or a team. We are ATM beginning to stumble as a test side but have been excellent in the one dayers. A year or so ago it was the opposite. So fine, you give importance to whatever you feel like, but i dont see why its so bizzare to count one day performances of a team.
You're a pathetic tosspot.

Slabber

Dowders_Jnr said:
The Pakistan tour was derailed by the injuries, just the same way this tour could have been. People need to remember that for 4 days of the first Test we dominated, the second was a draw, the third....yes I admit, we were shite. The gap isn't big, in fact, I'm sure the summer series will show that we are the better side. Just as we are a better side than India. Putting on a good level of performance on one of the most demanding tours, playing the better stuff, and intergrating these new players that have shown they can do a job in addition to the key players that were missing is a sign that we are improving and steadily. I have to say, without a shade of bias, I think we're developing better than you are, all things considered.
Amol's claiming we were "murdered" by Pakistan.

And now India are "no big deal".

He's a tosspot of the highest order.

amolbhatia50k

Slabber said:
You're a pathetic tosspot.
Good, i see you dont have an anwer of any relevance. Im simply saying i consider both formats important, i really cant see what your problem is with that.

Slabber

amolbhatia100 said:
Good, i see you dont have an anwer of any relevance. Im simply saying i consider both formats important, i really cant see what your problem is with that.
Righto....

Spoony

Slabber said:

Weren't murdered. But could've easily lost 3-0. Reckon we lost confidence after the first test and they went the opposite way. Still reckon we're the better side though.

Slabber

Spoony said:
Weren't murdered. But could've easily lost 3-0. Reckon we lost confidence after the first test and they went the opposite way. Still reckon we're the better side though.
We should have won the first test.

Spoony

India's recent home record.

Draw - 1-1 England
Draw - 1-1 Pakistan
Win - 1-0 South Africa
Loss - 1-2 Australia.

No one does well in India, indeed.

Dubai_Devil

Amol I think you need to take a step back from this thread.

Hopefully off a cliff.

amolbhatia50k

Slabber said:

Again you're just saying things for the sake of it. You lost the tests 2-0 and lost he one dayers as well. Whichever way you look at it, it was a disasterous tour. If we went to England and that happened(might next time we tour), i would consider it a battering.

Doing well in India is important. Everyone thinks and i do too, that its one of the toughest tests for teams outside the sub continent. And England's performance has to be complimented, and i have done that. But you lot are acting like its this achievement. Im sure you're not going to go around saying 'we drew in India a few years back, what a memorable moment that was in English cricket'. Well done you managed a draw but lets not go overboard here.

Anyways im off. Enjoy you're high from the drawn test series in India.

Slabber

amolbhatia100 said:
Again you're just saying things for the sake of it. You lost the tests 2-0 and lost he one dayers as well. Whichever way you look at it, it was a disasterous tour. If we went to England and that happened(might next time we tour), i would consider it a battering.

Doing well in India is important. Everyone thinks and i do too, that its one of the toughest tests for teams outside the sub continent. And England's performance has to be complimented, and i have done that. But you lot are acting like its this achievement. Im sure you're not going to go around saying 'we drew in India a few years back, what a memorable moment that was in English cricket'. Well done you managed a draw but lets not go overboard here.

Anyways im off. Enjoy you're high from the drawn test series in India.
What a pathetic cnut you are.

Spoony

India's away record over the last couple of years:

Loss - 1-0 Pakistan
Win - 2-0 Zimbabwe.

Brilliant a couple of victories over the last two years. At home to SA and away to Zimbabwe(does that even count?)

Dowders_Jnr

When Amol understands the fact that for us, this is seen as a moment of profound progression for our team, another milestone in our journey to greatness and not actually the end of a quest....his little world will be in pieces. Poor lad.

Dowders_Jnr

Spoony said:
India's away record over the last couple of years:

Loss - 1-0 Pakistan
Win - 2-0 Zimbabwe.

Brilliant a couple of victories over the last two years. At home to SA and away to Zimbabwe(does that even count?)
How can you question it?? They have Heath Streak and Andy Blignaut.

Sensational to win over there.

Spoony

Dowders_Jnr said:
How can you question it?? They have Heath Streak and Andy Blignaut.

Sensational to win over there.

Indeed. But I've decided not to count our victory over there.

Our record over a similar period:

Home:

Win - 3-2 Australia
Win - 3-0 New Zealand.
Win - 4-0(whitewash) Windies

Away:

Draw - India
Loss - Pakistan
Win - Zimbabwe(why not eh)
Win - South Africa
Win - Windies

Did we play a series against New Zealand at home, straight after the WIndies one?

Dowders_Jnr

Spoony said:
Indeed. But I've decided not to count our victory over there.

Our record over a similar period:

Home:

Win - 3-2 Australia
Win - 4-0(whitewash) Windies

Away:

Draw - India
Loss - Pakistan
Win - Zimbabwe(why not eh)
Win - South Africa
Win - Windies

Did we play a series against New Zealand at home, straight after the WIndies one?

Yeah, it was sandwiched between us going to the Windies, and them coming here. We beat New Zealand 3-0.

Spoony

Dowders_Jnr said:
Yeah, it was sandwiched between us going to the Windies, and them coming here. We beat New Zealand 3-0.

One loss in the last 8 series isn't bad. 6 victories out of the last 8 sounds even better. Like I said, if we beat Pakistan at home and get at least a draw away in Australia(retain the Ashes), we'll become the best side in the world.

Shah786

Pain in the arse
Latest Rankings...

BATTING:

Rank | Player | Team | Rating | Career Best
1 Ricky Ponting AUS 916 922 vs South Africa, Sydney 2006

2 Matthew Hayden AUS 876 935 vs England, Brisbane 2002

3 Jacques Kallis SA 874 896 vs England, Cape Town 2005

4 +1 Inzamam-ul-Haq PAK 857 870 vs England, Lahore 2005

5 -1 Rahul Dravid IND 842 892 vs Pakistan, Kolkata 2005

6 Younis Khan PAK 808 822 vs India, Faisalabad 2006

7 Mohammad Yousuf PAK 794 797 vs India, Faisalabad 2006

8 Brian Lara WI 792 911 vs South Africa, Cape Town 2004

9 Marcus Trescothick ENG 745 818 vs Pakistan, Multan 2005

10 Virender Sehwag IND 702 854 vs South Africa, Kolkata 2004

11 Mahela Jayawardene SL 699 836 vs England, Birmingham 2002

12 +9 Andrew Strauss ENG 697 769 vs South Africa, Johannesburg 2005

13 Justin Langer AUS 678 780 vs South Africa, Sydney 2002

14 Adam Gilchrist AUS 675 874 vs South Africa, Cape Town 2002

15 Damien Martyn AUS 673 848 vs New Zealand, Wellington 2005

16 -4 Sachin Tendulkar IND 670 898 vs Zimbabwe, Nagpur 2002

17 -1 Shivnarine Chanderpaul WI 668 811 vs Sri Lanka, Colombo (SSC) 2005

18 -1 Herschelle Gibbs SA 663 825 vs West Indies, Centurion 2004

19 -1 Kumar Sangakkara SL 656 813 vs Pakistan, Lahore 2002

20 -1 Graeme Smith SA 653 756 vs New Zealand, Wellington

BOWLING:

Rank | Player | Team | Rating | Career Best
1 Muttiah Muralitharan SL 854 915 vs Pakistan, Lahore 2002

2 Glenn McGrath AUS 844 914 vs England, The Oval 2001

3 Shane Warne AUS 822 905 vs England, Melbourne 1994

4 Makhaya Ntini SA 794 807 vs West Indies, Port-of-Spain 2005

5 Matthew Hoggard ENG 780 780 vs India, Mumbai 2006

6 +1 Andrew Flintoff ENG 777 810 vs Pakistan, Multan 2005

7 -1 Shane Bond NZ 770 778 vs West Indies, Auckland 2006

8 Shoaib Akhtar PAK 766 855 vs New Zealand, Wellington 2003

9 Chaminda Vaas SL 760 800 vs India, Chennai 2005

10 Andre Nel SA 753 763 vs Australia, Sydney 2006

11 Shaun Pollock SA 735 909 vs England, Johannesburg 1999

12 Anil Kumble IND 731 859 vs Sri Lanka, Bangalore 1994

13 Irfan Pathan IND 674 761 vs Sri Lanka, Delhi 2005

14 +1 Danish Kaneria PAK 662 723 vs England, Multan 2005

15 -1 Steve Harmison ENG 660 875 vs West Indies, The Oval 2004

16 Shabbir Ahmed PAK 615 647 vs England, Multan 2005

17 Brett Lee AUS 614 658 vs West Indies, Perth 2000

18 Daniel Vettori NZ 609 681 vs Australia, Auckland 2000

19 Jason Gillespie AUS 598 812 vs New Zealand, Adelaide 2004

20 +3 Harbhajan Singh IND 590 765 vs New Zealand, Wellington 2002

ALL ROUNDERS:

1 Jacques Kallis SA

2 Andrew Flintoff ENG

3 Shaun Pollock SA

4 Irfan Pathan IND

5 Daniel Vettori NZ

ONE DAY:

Team *Matches Points Rating
1 Australia 46 6064 132
2 South Africa 40 4776 119
3 Pakistan 41 4666 114
4 New Zealand 37 4180 113
5 India 45 5075 113
6 England 27 2920 108
7 Sri Lanka 48 5026 105
8 West Indies 27 2398 89
9 Zimbabwe 27 1122 42
10 Bangladesh 29 668 23
11 Kenya 8 94 12

TEST:

Team *Matches Points Rating
1 Australia 47 6064 129
2 England 46 5207 113
3 India 42 4671 111
4 Pakistan 34 3660 108
5 New Zealand 26 2598 100
6 South Africa 39 3879 99
7 Sri Lanka 34 3294 97
8 West Indies 36 2615 73
9 Zimbabwe 21 563 27
10 Bangladesh 31 131 4

amolbhatia50k

Dowders_Jnr said:
When Amol understands the fact that for us, this is seen as a moment of profound progression for our team, another milestone in our journey to greatness and not actually the end of a quest....his little world will be in pieces. Poor lad.
:lol: How seriously you take all of this. Obviously this is seen as another milestone to forming a good challenge to Australia by you're lot. Why should it be seen otherwise?

England are a better test side than us ATM, not doubting that. We showed similar form in the tests awhile back, but stumbled, and now under the new leadership and management were trying to regroup. Exciting times for Indian cricket, we are behind where we were 2 years back in test cricket. But IMO Indian cricket as a whole has moved ahead.

Spoony, could you post the dates/months for all those test series' you mentioned England having played?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Spoony said:
See, this is the type of poster, I can't be arsed debating with.

The fact remains, we drew in India. No ifs, buts and maybes. We drew without five, yes, five frontline players. We won a test match on a spinning wicket against 'the greatest spinners in the world TM'. . .after supposedly having players that couldn't play spin(ha ha ha). Udal, yes SHAUN fecking Udal bowled out your 'best players of spinners, ever TM'. Face it. You're just not that good. That's a fact. Look at your recent results and your ageing players, and it's not hard to see.

You're suffering from myopia.
Getting slightly wound up there eh Spoony?;)

Dowders_Jnr

amolbhatia100 said:
:lol: How seriously you take all of this.
The more bilge your fingers spout out on here, the more seriously I take it. You seem to be agreeing with a lot thats being said in favour of England, then saying its rubbish, or saying that because you fecked up, we're automatically going to do the same thing.

The difference between our team and yours, is that ours has guts, especially when its all going tits up. Thats why we will challenge the Aussies a lot more than you will.

Red Haze

Dowders_Jnr said:
The more bilge your fingers spout out on here, the more seriously I take it. You seem to be agreeing with a lot thats being said in favour of England, then saying its rubbish, or saying that because you fecked up, we're automatically going to do the same thing.

The difference between our team and yours, is that ours has guts, especially when its all going tits up. Thats why we will challenge the Aussies a lot more than you will.
Think South Africans will do a better job than India or England. Have my doubts about whether either team could've made 434 the way the South Africans did.

Slabber

paintitred said:
Think South Africans will do a better job than India or England. Have my doubts about whether either team could've made 434 the way the South Africans did.
England beat SA in SA lin the Test series last winter.

The 434 was in ODI cricket at which England aren't very good.

amolbhatia50k

Dowders_Jnr said:

This is an internet forum. If you take things seriously out here, you must be one tight bugger in real life. Im agreeing with you guys on most things, but people here are just very excitable and dont like people with differing opinions.

Where were your teams guts go when you were chasing a 150 odd run total in Pakistan? Did your team come back from being 1-0 down in the test series with a positive repsonse, or continue to have a poor tour? Dont get all spastic and take this personally, im making a point, which is that you shouldnt jump to conclusions. If you've supported English cricket over the last decade or even over the last 4 years, you would have known that there wasnt a bigger bunch of bottleless lot than the English team. Even when we went there last it was the same case, they never used to perform in big tournaments, never won anything of significance in one day tournaments, and English batting collapses were always around the corner. We had people like Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Kumble who were all world class and had tons of fight, and brought it at the world cups and all. Now finally England have found the likes of Flintoff, Trescothic etc who have that. A year or two back, when we were clearly only behind Australia, we were similar, along with Sachin and co. the younsters were coming through and they had no fear(eg. Natwest Final). It all happens in phases, im sure we'l get back to that standard, Chappel and Dravid just need some time.. little things make the difference.

One glaring problem is our batting in the 4th innings to save test matches. Its not a huge problem because being so obvious im sure we will rectify it. But it has cost us 3 series'. Against Pakistan in India we just needed to bat a day out to win the series, same here and also in Pakistan(although that was day 4). I know it is difficult on the last day in India, but in those situations we really seem to struggle. More the mindset than anything. I think the one-day culture of the sub continent has to do with it. The likes of Dhoni, Yuvraj and a couple others need to get into the test mode, learn to occupy the crease. Too many disgraced themselves slogging when the team needed patience. So thats one thing to work on, but i cant really worry much about our batting, which has carried us for so many years and im sure will get back on track.