England vs Spain

Mick1991

Are they trying to scar Phil Jones for life?

In saying that I reckon England might hold for a draw........it won't be pretty though.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Who was it that said only Rooney and Terry would make Spain's reserves?

They're probably right though.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
This should be an interesting match. I definitely wouldn't have picked this lineup. It would be more beneficial for other youngsters to start instead.

I am worried he is thinking about such an offensive line for the Euros.

If he was playing Walcott, Welbeck and Sturridge it would be a different proposition.

Minkaro

I'm just going to cry in fear as the camera pans along the Spain line-up.

RonaldoVII

Subs: Valdes, Albiol, Puyol, Torres, Fabregas, Monreal, Mata, Llorente, Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Reina.

They would still win...

kps88

There's a chance Spain's superstars might just treat this the way its supposed to be treated i.e. a meaningless friendly. Most of them already have their place in the starting eleven booked. England's players should have a lot more motivation for this one.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Come on lads, we can do this. 0-0 until the 80th minute, nick a goal, carry the momentum onto Sweden and then the Euroes.

Or we can be the first good team Spain beat by 5.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Spain haven't been that great in their post WC friendlies, so I don't think this is a foregone conclusion yet .

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Subs: Valdes, Albiol, Puyol, Torres, Fabregas, Monreal, Mata, Llorente, Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Reina.

They would still win...
No they wouldn't, stop being silly.

People seem to forget how Spain were perrenial bottlers prior to 2008, even with an abundance of technical talent. Tekkers enough won't guarantee wins ffs

032Devil

England trying to play the short ball Spanish style there - and lost

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

People seem to forget how Spain were perrenial bottlers prior to 2008, even with an abundance of technical talent. Tekkers enough won't guarantee wins ffs
So the best we can hope for is a team of bottlers playing another team of bottlers?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Why's Jones playing centrally when they have Parker in there? Seems like a waste when you could get another striker on or a more creative midfielder than Parker.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

Spain have matured a lot since then and it has a lot to do with Barcelona beating us in the Champions League final in 2009 I think. Their spine is essentially Barcelona's spine, which means they all play together regularly and know each other in and out.