England vs USA

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
vs

International Friendly
Wembley
Wednesday 28th May 2008
KO - 20:00 BST/GMT+1

Hopign to see yet more progress and Capello's influence when the team play tonight.

The US [*cough* bloody insurrectionists :D ;)] will put up a tougher test than many over here in Bligghty believe however.

Crumpsall Red

Crap I don't know who I want to win this! Hate England (stand up if you hate ManYoo) FC, but also can't abide yanks playing football. Well just can't abide yanks really.

What else is on telly tonight?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Could'nt care less.
Which almost hurts to say, seen as it is my national side.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
A start for Ashton I hope
A goal like he scored against us or that peach he put away against Villa , either would do me and England just fine.

Big game for him personally, he has had to be patient with his injury woes, hopefully he won't feel too pressured and tense as a result.

RapidRed

Absolutely fecking bricking it.

Rather, I was, about this time a week ago.

CockneyHammer

Or just Cock for short
A goal like he scored against us or that peach he put away against Villa , either would do me and England just fine.

Big game for him personally, he has had to be patient with his injury woes, hopefully he won't feel too pressured and tense as a result.
I have a feeling he is going to do something special tonight, i've been on here for nearly a year now and have always been saying how Ashton and Rooney would be a great partnership. Only a handful of people have agreed and tonight we will hopefully get the chance to see the two in action together.

The only problem is even if Ashton has the game of his life as soon as Owen is fit Ashton will be dropped again.

It was nearly 2 years ago aswell that Ashton got injured training for England, he's been called up since then but picked up a slight knock that stopped him again. As long as he is mentally prepared for the match I don't think he will have a problem with his on pitch performance.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I have a feeling he is going to do something special tonight, i've been on here for nearly a year now and have always been saying how Ashton and Rooney would be a great partnership. Only a handful of people have agreed and tonight we will hopefully get the chance to see the two in action together.

The only problem is even if Ashton has the game of his life as soon as Owen is fit Ashton will be dropped again.

It was nearly 2 years ago aswell that Ashton got injured training for England, he's been called up since then but picked up a slight knock that stopped him again. As long as he is mentally prepared for the match I don't think he will have a problem with his on pitch performance.
Rooney isn't faring too well at the minute, he's struggling with injury, so if this is Ashton's big chance he won't be alongside a fully-firing Rooney.

EDIT: Which is a shame because I'd like them together at peak-performance.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Hopefully we'll see a Terry own goal in the final few minutes, it'll be interesting to see his reaction.

Whatever happens, I'll be hoping for a USA win.

CockneyHammer

Or just Cock for short
Rooney isn't faring too well at the minute, he's struggling with injury, so if this is Ashton's big chance he won't be alongside a fully-firing Rooney.

EDIT: Which is a shame because I'd like them together at peak-performance.
I think Rooneys just fine, I think he has just been missing a traditional centre forward to play with

Ashtons still a little rusty after being out for a year and I know Rooney has his hernia but I think if they get their chance they will be lethal together.

Still at the moment I have a terrible feeling that Defoe will start.

Kelvin

a loss to the US would be embarrassing for England

Tibs

If England win today, the World Cup is ours in 2010

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
England Team:

James

Brown
Ferdinand
Terry
A. Cole

Beckham
Hargreaves
Lampard
Gerrard

Rooney
Defoe

This is according to SSN. It's not official yet but they're pretty positive that's it.

EDIT: That team is now official.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Give Agbonlahor a chance, in fact give all the young lads a chance. We won't know if they have what it takes unless we give them a bloody chance
Think that is the plan for the T & T match at the weekend, well at least to a greater degree than will be so tonight.

BaldwinLegend

England Team:

James

Brown
Ferdinand
Terry
A. Cole

Beckham
Hargreaves
Lampard
Gerrard

Rooney
Defoe
Some surprises there - I thought Rooney and Ashton had been paired together in training all week? Still, Defoe's been in good form recently...

Who's on the left side of midfield?

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I hope Wes puts in a class performance, to prove these doubters wrong. Not many many people outside of United rate him, they don't even think he's good enough for England.

cnuts

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Ashton really deserves to start over that overrated piece of shit Defoe!

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Some surprises there - I thought Rooney and Ashton had been paired together in training all week? Still, Defoe's been in good form recently...

Who's on the left side of midfield?
I'm guessing they're going with a 4-3-3. Rooney and Gerrard to play behind Defoe.

kishankhagram

England Team:

James

Brown
Ferdinand
Terry
A. Cole

Beckham
Hargreaves
Lampard
Gerrard

Rooney
Defoe

This is according to SSN. It's not official yet but they're pretty positive that's it.
That is a very good team. Glad he has chosen players based on form.