England/ your NT winning EURO vs United winning treble next season

Would you rather United win a treble or your country wins an international tournament?

• Total voters

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't care to be honest. It's nice to watch England but once they're out you only feel shite for a week before getting excited about club pre season, new signings and the first game week of the Premier league.

El Zoido

United and it’s not even close. Just the league would be enough, adding in treble is overkill.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Am i wrong if i say that English people are less "in love" (can't find good phrase) in NT as others? Interesting....

sillwuka

Club over country except for a World Cup win of course.

Although, if United were winning trophies more regularly I would take a Euros win right about now.

Classical Mechanic

Am i wrong if i say that English people are less "in love" (can't find good phrase) in NT as others? Interesting....
I would say so, certainly compared to a countries like Croatia where recent political history has galvanised national identity.

There are numerous reasons as to why the England national team has a lot of apathetic fans; the constant disappointments, the more tribal domestic club scene (this used to plague the actual England team as well), the changing demographics of the country meaning a more complex web of individual identities; the history of hooliganism related to the England NT and the far right coopting the St George flag etc. There's also the class aspect. The posters on this website tend to be more middle class. If there was a more white working class representation on the site then I'm sure that there would be more love for the England NT. Fact is that the English middle class are just not very patriotic and any expressions of patrotism tend to be more reserved.

I think that Southgate has done a lot to detoxify the England national team, both internally and general public perceptions of it. I thought this was brilliant from him on how the England NT can be used to help form a new national identity going forward as we go through this period of change.

stevoc

What a miserable post.
:lol:

Do you not enjoy watching football?

Even if you're a neutral whose team isn't in the tournament, I can't get my head around this opinion.
Football or International football?

If you mean International football then no not really, thought that would have been obvious from my post.

Personally I can't get my head around why a few people seem offended. It is interesting that my opinion of international football seems to be taken so personally by some. Almost as if criticizing international football is in some way criticizing their country's national team.

Bertie 2 Hats

United winning any trophy > England winning any trophy.. :devil:

Supporters from other clubs shouldn't get to vote in this poll.. :nono: