England/ your NT winning EURO vs United winning treble next season

Would you rather United win a treble or your country wins an international tournament?

• Total voters

3vra

I would rather United win FA Cup than Poland Euro or even World Cup, do not care about international football at all.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea over England all day. I'd take another Premier League or Champions League alone.

shaky

A couple of weeks of joy this month, or a whole season of joy next year? Sign me up for the treble.

Matriac

Since my NT is Norway and we didn't even qualify this year (no tournament since 2000) then the choice is pretty easy.

However.. thinking theoretically, I do think I might forego the treble if it means Norway could win a EC or WC, as long as that means United only win PL and CL that season.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Fair enough it's probably more a 75/25 split i reckon. It's just the euros btw not even the world cup. As someone who's national team will never achieve anything relevant in my lifetime i guess i just can't relate to the tiny bit of hope countries like Wales/Serbia/Croatia have where if everything clicks "we have a chance"
Haha yes it is Greece that showed us what can happen

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If I had to pick, i'd go with the Treble, but since both are happening anyway, I don't have to choose.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Belgium World Cup
Belgium Euros
Liverpool treble

Not that I have a real passion for Belgium or am an avid patriot, but the parties and scenes throughout the country would be unreal. I've wachted Liverpool win the CL, PL and FA Cup already, matters less to me that it all happens in the same season. I'd also have to watch it alone in my living room rather than on a big screen with all my friends. No brainer. The victories against Japan and Brazil in 2018 are some of the best days/nights I've had in recent memory.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Scotland winning euros provided we knock england out

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I’ve seen United win everything but suffered many heartbreaks watching England over the years. Not as passionate about England as I used to be but winning a tournament would be a special time for the whole country. I dunno about Euro over treble, definitely a World Cup though.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
My national team winning Euro for me.
Cause that will mean India is part of EU(I know this is not necessary). Which will mean that I don't have to get a stupid VISA every time I have to go to Europe.
I hate those VFS visa offices.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What kind of shit is this? I'd take United winning the Community Shield over England winning anything

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bosnia winning the euros or world cup by far. Them qualifying for the 2014 world cup was incredible.

Probably has a big impact how unlikely it is to ever happen while it's happened before for United. More special as it's more rare. Generally why winning the euros or the world cup is likely more special for players too.

Also I don't know about anyone else but in still bitter about the super league stuff and Uniteds role in it. Lack of fans all last season and they pull that shit. Will take a while for that to heal properly and it be like it was before.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
United.
Seeing as I don’t support England

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Feck England. Most of the national team play for City, Liverpool and Chelsea and I can't stand any of their players so it's pretty hard for me to actually care about the England NT.

Football wise I only care about Man United and if they didn't exist I would not even bother watching football anymore.

Caring about the England national team, for me is the same as wanting England to do well in Cricket or Rugby or Netball, I couldn't care less.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Stopped supporting England after our players were booed at Wembley, Becks was hung drawn and quartered in 98, Neville in 2000 a d Ronaldo in 06. So it’s not even a question for me

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's England, come on. United winning the treble would be terrible.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
My national team winning Euro for me.
Cause that will mean India is part of EU(I know this is not necessary). Which will mean that I don't have to get a stupid VISA every time I have to go to Europe.
I hate those VFS visa offices.
I deliberately worded the poll in such a way that we don’t get unrealistic reasoning

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes I did
I find it strange how many people take no interest or actually don’t like their country team.

I grew up representing, school, town, county etc playing sport, representing the country was the pinnacle. Seeing these boys play for Wales now I can’t help but fall in love with it and want them to do well, you can see the passion they play with and I think Uniteds players effort and passion doesn’t come close.

It’s a much more tense affair for me watching Wales than United with a higher reward when things go well.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I find it strange how many people take no interest or actually don’t like their country team.

I grew up representing, school, town, county etc playing sport, representing the country was the pinnacle. Seeing these boys play for Wales now I can’t help but fall in love with it and want them to do well, you can see the passion they play with and I think Uniteds players effort and passion doesn’t come close.

It’s a much more tense affair for me watching Wales than United with a higher reward when things go well.
I suppose a bit of it depends on where you are from too. Wales is very small so you’d expect most will care when the team gets to a tournament because it goes against what you’d normally expect.
If I was English I probably would be sick of the media coverage, the manager, the fans reputation etc

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I suppose a bit of it depends on where you are from too. Wales is very small so you’d expect most will care when the team gets to a tournament because it goes against what you’d normally expect.
If I was English I probably would be sick of the media coverage, the manager, the fans reputation etc
Yes I can agree with that. In a way it makes me feel sorry for the english :lol:

stevoc

I'm not English but I'd take United winning any trophy over my International team winning anything.

Haven't watched a minute of Euro 2021 yet and have no plans to. International football is an antiquated concept that isn't going anywhere because of money but really should be phased out.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
International football is an antiquated concept that isn't going anywhere because of money but really should be phased out.
How is it antiquated (club football is older) and why should it be phased out? Viewing figures are massive and it's hugely important to millions around the world.

tomaldinho1

Would rather United won the PL or Cl on their own than England won the Euros.

I think England World Cup win would be top of the pile though.