English cricket thread

slyadams

The rule is quite simple. You don't leave the potting crease until the ball is released. She was obviously stealing ground often enough for the bowl to wait for it to happen again and stump her.
That’s not the rule though is it. That’s the problem, you get into a situation where bowler can benefit from faking actions to catch the non-striker.

I personally wouldn’t mind the rule being changed to the above (non-sticker cannot leave crease until ball is released) and a “reverse no ball” called where a run is docked each time it happens.

Fully Fledged

That’s not the rule though is it. That’s the problem, you get into a situation where bowler can benefit from faking actions to catch the non-striker.

I personally wouldn’t mind the rule being changed to the above (non-sticker cannot leave crease until ball is released) and a “reverse no ball” called where a run is docked each time it happens.
What I meant is that once the ball has left the bowlers hand she can't turn around and stump you. If you leave the crease before the bowler release the ball then she can.

Fair enough you try and steal ground, I don't think they should stop you doing that but if you do you leave yourself open to be stumped. It's all gamesmanship people trying to gain an advantage and somebody else making sure she stays where she is next time.

AshRK

Incident like these are what is against spirit of the game and not running a non-striker for being out of the crease before the ball is bowled.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Too low score. Shan coming in at that point in the game was pointless.

England will chase this down.

Fully Fledged

They're throwing this away. This is why I think they will no good at the World Cup if there is slightly something in the pitch they'll throw wickets away.

Fully Fledged

He’s in the team to replace Roy taking all of the big risks to get the scoreboard ticking early. No problem with him getting caught on the boundary like that personally.
I would say that if you had 2 4's off of the first 2 balls of an over you can pull your neck back in for the rest of the over.

phelans shorts

I would say that if you had 2 4's off of the first 2 balls of an over you can pull your neck back in for the rest of the over.
But England haven’t done that since Morgan took over. There was always one opener playing themselves in (Jos) and one who’s job was to score big immediately (Roy) and Salt is here to replace the latter.

I’ve nothing of the like to say about the other two wickets though, they were just baffling.

ha_rooney

They should be fined for every drop. Pathetic.

ha_rooney

3 superb shots from Dawson. England’s to lose now…

ha_rooney

Big over from Rauf! 4 needed, 1 over, 1 wicket…

ha_rooney

Pakistan win!!! Series tied.

T20 at its best the last 3 overs.