English cricket thread

Chief123

I can understand 1 or maybe 2 batsmen going all guns blazing but once you are 2 wickets down you've got to reign it in a bit. I wasn't a big score they didn't need to knock the ball out of the ground.

20/20 matches this year lost 11 won 6 and they haven't beaten anybody in a series. I think I'm being completely fair. It's a world cup year.
It was very foolish batting by England in the power play. They could have gone easily 1 run per ball instead of throwing away wickets. There seems to be this stubbornness where they’ve decided they are going to go hard in the batting especially in the power play. But it’s silly when the context of game isn’t taken into consideration.

Fully Fledged

It was very foolish batting by England in the power play. They could have gone easily 1 run per ball instead of throwing away wickets. There seems to be this stubbornness where they’ve decided they are going to go hard in the batting especially in the power play. But it’s silly when the context of game isn’t taken into consideration.
I totally agree. It's costs us massively in every series this season. We need to know when the flash and when to rotate.

Chief123

I totally agree. It's costs us massively in every series this season. We need to know when the flash and when to rotate.
It makes it easier for the bowling team too if they know the batsmen are always going to go hard. Pakistan made Nawaz bowl first over in the last 3 games now to tempt them into big shots. They’ve lost a wicket or two every match in the last 3 in the first over.

Fully Fledged

It makes it easier for the bowling team too if they know the batsmen are always going to go hard. Pakistan made Nawaz bowl first over in the last 3 games now to tempt them into big shots. They’ve lost a wicket or two every match in the last 3 in the first over.
Yeah. You need to keep the bowlers guessing. Doing the same thing every match just doesn't work.

IRN-BRUno

Warwickshire just completed an incredible win by 5 runs to stay up and relegate Yorkshire. Liam Norwell taking 9-62 after they started today 23 ahead with 8 wickets left.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No Rizwan or Rauf… brave decision to leave them out when we could win the series today.

Good start for England.

ha_rooney

Isn’t Rizwan injured?
I know he picked up a knock last game but I think they’re resting him as precaution rather than being out with an injury. At least that’s what was being reported earlier. Either way, probably best not to risk him with the WC soon.

ha_rooney

Very good from Babar & much needed runs in the final over. Think that’s a par score, should be a good chase.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Big final over. Babar is just an incredible player.

ha_rooney

Superb 50 from Salt. England racing to the target.

This is awesome batting.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Ben Duckett has been so impressive this series. I think it’s absolutely crazy that England are going to bring in 3 guys with very little batting under them for the tournament in form of Jos,Stokes and Livingstone

phelans shorts

Ben Duckett has been so impressive this series. I think it’s absolutely crazy that England are going to bring in 3 guys with very little batting under them for the tournament in form of Jos,Stokes and Livingstone
If it were me picking I’d definitely be picking Duckett over Stokes right now. Jos in for Hales and Livingstone in for Willey probably leaves you one light in the pace bowling department though, so Stokes stays.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
doesn’t bode well for pakistan, england turning up in their home country and battering them 3-3.

ha_rooney

Great start from England. 200+ on the cards.

I’ve been very impressed with Duckett’s composure each time he’s batted. A bit harsh that he’s not in their T20WC squad.

ha_rooney

Superb from England. Poor bowling & utterly shite fielding (as usual) from Pakistan.

I think the last over puts it beyond our reach. Openers have to do something special, again.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Babar Azam is a sh*t captain, this concept we have had that the best or most experienced player has to be captain is stupid.

It's ironic that we have two PSL winning captains in the team and none of them are captain. Even when Karachi won Babar wasn't captain.

ha_rooney

That’s that then… well done England.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Superb from England. Poor bowling & utterly shite fielding (as usual) from Pakistan.

I think the last over puts it beyond our reach. Openers have to do something special, again.
The bowling was woeful today. When you’re being tonked all over the park you have to go back to basics and focus on your line and length.

Chief123

Going along nicely against Pakistan

Look likely to wrap up the series :)
It’s scary the options England have. They have about 5/6 players who will come back into this side for the World Cup. The likes of Duckett and even in the squad and he’s brilliant!

Tbh, England should have won this series 6-1. 2 of the losses were so avoidable.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s scary the options England have. They have about 5/6 players who will come back into this side for the World Cup. The likes of Duckett and even in the squad and he’s brilliant!

Tbh, England should have won this series 6-1. 2 of the losses were so avoidable.
Yeah agreed. The work within English cricket at grass roots has been second to none in my opinion.

phelans shorts

T20 is a wild game, one error can change everything so fast.

I still think Stokes shouldn’t be in the T20 squad, and a Duckett (amongst others) would be better placed for that spot. You already have a Sam Curran for the batting pace all rounder, with the likes of Jordan and Woakes as bowlers who can bat (plus we’ve all seen Mark Wood smash sixes when he gets going). Use that spot for a batter who shows up in the format.

ha_rooney

England showed their class in the last 2 games. I think their biggest problem going into the WC will be the rust for some of the players who will come into the side.

Plenty for Pakistan to fix going into the WC. The middle order is not consistent nor powerful enough to get big scores. I also think they'll really struggle with the bounce & short ball in Australia. The pace bowling has been ordinary - hopefully Shaheen will be back & I expect Nasim Shah to be in the starting 11 which should help. The fielding is still like schoolboy cricket - Mickey Arthur got them fitter & better a few years back but it's now reverted back to type.

Overall a good series to watch & it's great for Pakistan & the Pakistani fans to have hosted the series. Looking forward to the Test series.

Chief123

England win the series quite convincingly! Great result away from home with a second string.
Well deserved win!

I think Pakistan will be a different proposition in the World Cup when Shaheen Afridi and Naseem Shah return to the side. That’s 4 front line bowers in Afridi, Shah, Rauf and Hasnain who can all bowl 90+ mph.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
England showed their class in the last 2 games. I think their biggest problem going into the WC will be the rust for some of the players who will come into the side.

Plenty for Pakistan to fix going into the WC. The middle order is not consistent nor powerful enough to get big scores. I also think they'll really struggle with the bounce & short ball in Australia. The pace bowling has been ordinary - hopefully Shaheen will be back & I expect Nasim Shah to be in the starting 11 which should help. The fielding is still like schoolboy cricket - Mickey Arthur got them fitter & better a few years back but it's now reverted back to type.

Overall a good series to watch & it's great for Pakistan & the Pakistani fans to have hosted the series. Looking forward to the Test series.
The bowling for Pakistan is inconsistent, capable of defending extremely low scores or getting tonked around the park. But full strength I think they will be fine. Haris Rauf has been terrific for me.

The middle order though...it's basically Babar/Rizwan or bust really.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Pakistan don’t have the middle order to get a score of 180+.

Losing this series 4-3 against arguably the best T20 team in cricket isn’t anything to be too despondent about.