English cricket thread

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Evidently Stokes and England saw things in exactly the same way. Unfortunately, the consensus seems to be that the wicket looks pretty favourable for batting, and that department looks very much like the Aussies’ strength in this game.
Gotta survive the new ball though, Smith naturally will be key in this test.

Dan_F

Evidently Stokes and England saw things in exactly the same way. Unfortunately, the consensus seems to be that the wicket looks pretty favourable for batting, and that department looks very much like the Aussies’ strength in this game.
Yeah definitely. They’ve clearly increased the batting strength for this reason too. If Australia are still batting near the end of the day, the test is highly likely to be a draw anyway.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It will be pretty flat and get flatter.

If we can bowl them out for anything 350 or less I'd be delighted.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Yeah definitely. They’ve clearly increased the batting strength for this reason too. If Australia are still batting near the end of the day, the test is highly likely to be a draw anyway.
Think that's a little too pessimistic. They'd need to post 400+ in 4 sessions to get the draw big Fav.

Also time for the weekend forecast to alter.

Dan_F

Think that's a little too pessimistic. They'd need to post 400+ in 4 sessions to get the draw big Fav.

Also time for the weekend forecast to alter.
Maybe yeah. It’s all guess work about the weather anyway.

Bairstow putting that down almost gave me a heart attack. I thought it was an edge at first.

Agent Red

Ok, now the rest of them by tea and then maybe I’ll start relaxing about the weather :lol:

Agent Red

Going to be such a shame if the series is decided by a washout, it’s been so good so far. England will only have themselves to blame for messing up the first two though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not watching, how have these two clowns survived an hour? They've looked like walking wickets all summer.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Amateur hour now :lol: :wenger:
What the hell is going on!

Boycott

Big shame they're getting rid of the shipping forecast part of test match special after this summer

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Steve Smith trying to pull for a 6 off his first ball was not something I was anticipating.

Bazball is in all of us.

Boycott

Can't believe no team has ever won the toss, bowled first and won a test match at this ground. I would have thought there'd have been one game when England skittled a lesser quality team in overcast conditions and then won the match by an innings.

the_cliff

Looking at that Aussie batting line up and the conditions we're gonna need a miracle.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Pitch as expected. Fairly even first session. Obviously next one is key with these two in.