g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

English & Irish Cricket Summer 2018

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
First time in a long period that Pakistan has a better test batting lineup barring Kohli? Possibly.

AshRK

First time in a long period that Pakistan has a better test batting lineup barring Kohli? Possibly.
I dont think indian batsmen are bad, I feel it has more to do with mental block. I seriously hope they give the same 11 another chance irrespective of the result in this. One confident outing for them could do them world of good. Dropping kartik or rahul would do no good. Not a big fan of dhawan in tests but I would give him one more opportunity. It's not like we have seom really good replacement waiting. If all of them keep on failing then time to get rid and slowly build in new players.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Kohli still being there is the only positive after that batting performance.

It's the hope that kills you :(

You could definitely make a case, there are lot of deficiencies in the technique of our batters to tackle these conditions like Ganguly earlier.

Kazi

Kohli is playing the game at a higher level than I’ve seen anyone else play at for a long long time.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
England XI I'd play for the next game:

Curran
Bess
Root
Woakes
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

;)

ArmchairCritic

Kohli is playing the game at a higher level than I’ve seen anyone else play at for a long long time.
Since Steve Smith in December and January :(? Seriously though Smith and Kohli's appetite for runs is remarkable.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah some of the hitting has been unbelievable

ArmchairCritic

Surrey just chased down 222 with 4 overs to spare, might as well just start wheeling out bowling machines at this point rather than have any actual bowlers.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We had plenty of decent performances in SA. I'd expect Pakistan to struggle in both SA and Australia.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We had plenty of decent performances in SA. I'd expect Pakistan to struggle in both SA and Australia.
Yea don't think Pakistan has quality test batting after the departures of Misbah and Younis. Babar Azam has yet to find his feet at test level, Shafiq continues to be inconsistent, no opener while Azhar had terrible tour of England.

Our limited overs batting has been much better with Fakhar and Malik being a difference when compared to the test line up. There can be a competition between the two there because India's batting after the first three has been average for some time.

Cloud7

As much as I laugh at him for that over against Braithwaite, Stokes really does come up with a big moment when needed more often than not for England.

zing

Zingle balls
Don't understand pandya:s tactics. Working for now but strange .

AshRK

Another away test India hmhas almost thrown away. Cannot get a better opportunity than this to get a 1-0 lead. Our batsmen bar kohli should be ashamed, especially rahane who has been nothing but shocking in both the innings.

To let Curran score 62 was unacceptable and that has probably cost us the match. May not get a better chance than this.

MDFC Manager

To let Curran score 62 was unacceptable and that has probably cost us the match. May not get a better chance than this.
Well our bowling these days will actually continue to give us chances like these.

But our batsmen will also continue crapping their pants.

Sandyman

Thought India still had an outside chance to win even when Ishant was batting. Sadly, 40 runs looks just a bit far now.

KM

Great test match, hopefully will be a cracking series.
1-0 England.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great first Test match, really enjoyed today's session.

AshRK

Another poor shot. Don't know what half our batsmen were thinking

KM

Man, that Kohli ball :(
Would've been a boundary 99 out of 100 times. Stokes potentially missing the second match is huge.

Kazi

India will get washed now. Only reason this was close is cause of dropped catches.