English & Irish Cricket Summer 2018

zing

Zingle balls
Pandya's batting is completely not befitting of the all rounder tag.

zing

Zingle balls
Rishabh Pant with the most outrageous shot. Mad bastard.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Last chance. Need a 50 partnership here. Pant maybe could have relaxed after hitting the first 4.

zing

Zingle balls
Last chance. Need a 50 partnership here. Pant maybe could have relaxed after hitting the first 4.
He hits spin well but he has tobe smart. The shot over cover was very high risk given how it's turning and their field placements.

Irrational.

Di Maria's angel

That should be that. Really poor batting. Looks like we'll falter quite quickly here.

Ali has bowled so well, Ashwin could learn a lesson or two.

MDFC Manager

Thought 200 was the absolute upper limit I thought, and it's being proved to be that way.

Djemba-Djemba

There we go!

3-1!

Incredible we've won the series with a game to go with no top order batsmen ever contributing.

Winning all those tosses were crucial. As was the lower order batting, Woakes and Curran and Buttler etc have saved us.

Di Maria's angel

The battle of the most negative fans is finally over with an england win.
:lol:

Bowlers have been great this series. Kohli has shown hes two levels above anyone else on the planet. Both sides have been woeful with the bat. Its been a super close series where we could easily be 3-1 up ourselves.

MJJ

:lol:

Bowlers have been great this series. Kohli has shown hes two levels above anyone else on the planet. Both sides have been woeful with the bat. Its been a super close series where we could easily be 3-1 up ourselves.
Kohli is awesome, its so unlucky that you guys found tendulkar's successor so quickly while we have not one quality batsman.

Di Maria's angel

Kohli is awesome, its so unlucky that you guys found tendulkar's successor so quickly while we have not one quality batsman.
At least you constantly churn out really good pacers. First time in our history we have a team full of good fast bowlers.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
This series has proved that the best bowling attack is the one favoured by weather. Hoping India get lucky with that, so their bowlers can take some wickets and I can have a good laugh. Good to see England add batting depth here, I think India will lose this match.
Called the result. Pandya should be benched.

Djemba-Djemba

Sam Curran has been the real bonus of this series for England.

He's still raw with his bowling but he looks very accomplished with the bat and he looks to have a good mentality too. He's dug in and dragged us to respectable totals a few times now.

India must be sick of him

Hitchez

Very disappointing as an Indian fan. This felt like a great opportunity to win in England what with Kohli's form, England's poor top order and our seamers.

Sam Curran looks like batting version of Ben Stokes. Having both him and Stokes is just golden for a captain. Curran is essentialy what we want Pandya to be. A batting all rounder who'll contribute with the ball depending on the conditions.

Di Maria's angel

Called the result. Pandya should be benched.
Might do at the Oval.

We need to go hard in that test match as well. Never seen India win two test matches in an away series (Aus, NZ, SA or Eng) so there's still a lot for us to play. England, similarly, have a lot of issues to sort out - their top order looks horrible and they've been overly reliant on a debutant to win them this series. Seems the key is to focus on getting Curran out as quick as possible!

Di Maria's angel

Very disappointing as an Indian fan. This felt like a great opportunity to win in England what with Kohli's form, England's poor top order and our seamers.

Sam Curran looks like batting version of Ben Stokes. Having both him and Stokes is just golden for a captain. Curran is essentialy what we want Pandya to be. A batting all rounder who'll contribute with the ball depending on the conditions.
To be fair to Pandya, he took a five-for that was key in our Trent Bridge win. Our inconsistent top order and Ashwin (this match) have cost us the chance of being 2-2 or even 3-1 up in the series.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a win, incredible performance that from 86/6 on day 1. Moeen Ali won the game on day 2 tbh

Hitchez

To be fair to Pandya, he took a five-for that was key in our Trent Bridge win. Our inconsistent top order and Ashwin (this match) have cost us the chance of being 2-2 or even 3-1 up in the series.
The way I see it Pandya is being picked (and used) as a batting all rounder and as a number 6 you're expecting a lot more out of him. I like him however and he's worth persisting with for now.

NinjaFletch

Proper test series for a change. Bit of a shame that it's not going to the 5th test, but obviously nice to get it wrapped up here.

Be interesting to see where England go from here. Jennings played a solid knock and was unlucky to get done by a grubber in the second innings, but I don't know if it will be enough to save him. Root seems to have put his foot down (rightly) about batting at 4, but does Ali really seem like a 3? Bairstow currently looks to be batting too high at 5, but Buttler and Stokes batting responsibly is a real bonus. If Bairstow is insistent on keeping could the answer be Stokes 5, Buttler 6, Bairstow 7?

Curran is a conundrum too. Made himself invaluable with the bat, but I don't think his bowling is good enough yet to justify playing as a third seamer.

And then Rashid and Ali. Ali repeated again he doesn't like to think of himself as a first spinner, but he's clearly the better test spinner of the two and Root seems to trust him a lot more. Rashid only bowled 14 overs in a match where the ball was turning throughout and I don't think we can afford to give a place to a bowler primarily for the purpose of trying to trick Ali into thinking he's not the first spinner.

I think I know where I would go on these decisions (I posted the order yesterday), but I'm not convinced England will.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The battle of the most negative fans is finally over with an england win.
Have you seen the state of our batting.

I called it a battle of two mediocre sides and that's what it. Fully expect us to thrash England when they visit India. This series has been close but England deserve to win.

MJJ

Have you seen the state of our batting.

I called it a battle of two mediocre sides and that's what it. Fully expect us to thrash England when they visit India. This series has been close but England deserve to win.
Its better than ours tbf, kohli means you guys always have a chance. The likes of pujara, ashwin normally contribute and I do like dhawan as an opener. Personally I feel kohli's captaincy let you guys down this match imo, was too passive which let england get back in the game.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Its better than ours tbf, kohli means you guys always have a chance. The likes of pujara, ashwin normally contribute and I do like dhawan as an opener. Personally I feel kohli's captaincy let you guys down this match imo, was too passive which let england get back in the game.
That's not a big thing to say tbf!

Dhawan is shit. Ashwin cost us the match in second innings, seeing the pitch there's no way he should've gotten one wicket only. With all due respect to Ali, he's an decent spinner and he still looked like peak Muralitharan.

NinjaFletch

That's not a big thing to say tbf!

Dhawan is shit. Ashwin cost us the match in second innings, seeing the pitch there's no way he should've gotten one wicket only. With all due respect to Ali, he's an decent spinner and he still looked like peak Muralitharan.
I think he has batted well since coming back into the side to be honest with you. It's been a tough series to open the batting and an average of 30 is alright if not amazing.

Rahul has been absolutely dog shit though and that seems to have gone under the radar a bit.