Entirety of Twitch reportedly leaked

Cloud7

I thought Ninja was supposed to be huge? As someone who doesn’t follow the Twitch/streaming scene at all he’s one of the few names I know. Surprising to see him at number 46 on this list.

Santos J

I thought Ninja was supposed to be huge? As someone who doesn’t follow the Twitch/streaming scene at all he’s one of the few names I know. Surprising to see him at number 46 on this list.
He left Twitch to join Mixer in August 2019 in a $30-50m deal, then Mixer went down the drain and he went back to Twitch after a year or something. It's also just revenue from streaming like subs/donations etc, won't account for contracts that most if not all of the top earners on the list sign.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He was but from August 2019 until August 2020 he was streaming exclusively on Mixer. Not seen him since he returned but think the switch to Mixer dented his viewership when he came back and his viewership moved on to other channels.

The figures mentioned are just from donations and doesn't include the contracts they sign with Twitch which pretty much all those names have.

Cloud7

He left Twitch to join Mixer in August 2019 in a $30-50m deal, then Mixer went down the drain and he went back to Twitch after a year or something. It's also just revenue from streaming like subs/donations etc, won't account for contracts that most if not all of the top earners on the list sign.
He was but from August 2019 until August 2020 he was streaming exclusively on Mixer. Not seen him since he returned but think the switch to Mixer dented his viewership when he came back and his viewership moved on to other channels.

The figures mentioned are just from donations and doesn't include the contracts they sign with Twitch which pretty much all those names have.
Thanks guys

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The user posted a 125GB torrent link to 4chan on Wednesday, stating that the leak was intended to “foster more disruption and competition in the online video streaming space” because “their community is a disgusting toxic cesspool”.

Not every hero wears a cap

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm wrong, doesn't even include money from donations apparently

Mad money that some of them are making
Some mental payouts there.
It is crazy money but declines steeply. Even just looking at top 13. Lots of kids dreaming about earning millions streaming but looks like they’d have a better chance of becoming a PL footballer.

Dante

Average bang
The user posted a 125GB torrent link to 4chan on Wednesday, stating that the leak was intended to “foster more disruption and competition in the online video streaming space” because “their community is a disgusting toxic cesspool”.

Not every hero wears a cap
Relatively few heroes wear a cap.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Honestly baffled why XQcOW has such a big following. He's a monumental bellend.
I don't know who he is, but the cure for your bafflement lies in your very next sentence.

Ole90+3

Shit I always thought that DrDisrespect was having us all on as part of his character when he says he has 19 lambos in the arena but looking at those annual payouts I don't doubt it now.

Ole90+3

Twitch is a shite company and deserve being called out, but I don't know why people rage against the streamers themselves and kids spending a few quid to sub each month.
It's jealously in most cases. Game streamers are providing a form of entertainment, we all pay much much more to watch a load of overpaid humans kick a ball about a field every month.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Shit I always thought that DrDisrespect was having us all on as part of his character when he says he has 19 lambos in the arena but looking at those annual payouts I don't doubt it now.
Those figures there are a fraction of what they earn in all reality.

The doc also is a prime example of entertainment and why people sub and donate. Not always my cup of tea, but the work that goes in eclipses most others.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It is crazy money but declines steeply. Even just looking at top 13. Lots of kids dreaming about earning millions streaming but looks like they’d have a better chance of becoming a PL footballer.
I dunno. There's people with 100 or a couple of hundred viewers a stream earning $100k a year on Facebook.

Suv666

Mental. I wont earn in a lifetime what they earn in a month

Ole90+3

Those figures there are a fraction of what they earn in all reality.

The doc also is a prime example of entertainment and why people sub and donate. Not always my cup of tea, but the work that goes in eclipses most others.
Yeah I tried to calculate it and I think Doc gets at least 5k in donos per stream. Streams 3 times a week = ~$780k a year. That's just from donos, not to mention the sponsorship deals and collabs which undoubtedly he makes the most money from.

0le

Thanks for the heads up.

I just found out that I did not have 2FA set up for Twitch. I have just set it up now and changed my password.

The set-up for 2FA on Twitch is incredibly frustrating because it requires you to give a phone number. This is probably why I had previously delayed setting it up. A 7 digit code is first sent to the phone via SMS. Afterwards, they require you to set it up using your authentication app. There are no backup codes - they send SMS messages as a backup instead.

Most companies just require an app. I dislike being forced to give more details than necessary, but it is owned by Amazon so I guess it is all irrelevant now anyway.

Interestingly, I checked my Ubisoft account (they have a free giveaway, see link below) and it showed two attempted logins from China in the past week. Fortunately I had 2FA for Ubisoft enabled. I have Twitch and Ubisoft linked but I have no idea if this is related to this potential data breach.

https://register.ubisoft.com/ghostrecon-giveaway/en-GB

nimic

something nice
Scout
Mental. I wont earn in a lifetime what they earn in a month
Pretty sure these are totals since 2019 or something, not monthly. That's what I read, anyway. The top few streamers obviously make a lot, but even at the bottom of this list (who are still in the top 0.1% of streamers), they make a lot less than most people while probably working more.

Edit: Oh, I see the tweet has a list for last month. I've just seen the full (searchable) list. Still, the point stands for the vast majority of streamers.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Interestingly, I checked my Ubisoft account (they have a free giveaway, see link below) and it showed two attempted logins from China in the past week. Fortunately I had 2FA for Ubisoft enabled. I have Twitch and Ubisoft linked but I have no idea if this is related to this potential data breach.

https://register.ubisoft.com/ghostrecon-giveaway/en-GB

Won't be related. Linking accounts shares no actual information between systems. Twitch doesn't have any access to your Ubisoft login, or the other way around.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
fecking nerds!!!!!

(this comment is sent with a hint of financial jealousy)

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The top 100 are all over 900K in two years. That's still outright insane and boggles my mind.

It's not gatekept by anything though, you could literally press a single button and be doing the same thing. That's why people shouldn't be so dismissive of what they actually do.
It is though. I'd be willing to bet a vast majority of the Top 200-400 all come from top 10% income earning households, have never had to depend on a real job, and have had the luxury of being supported by well-to-do parents while they built their following and bought equipment for their streaming. Just look how much graphics cards alone cost these days. That's a massive start-up cost as a entry barrier for any kids looking to get into it.

How many kids from most working-class or even middle-class families can afford to not work a real job or go to college, live for free in parent's house, and spend all day amassing followers/subscribers for a year or two while keeping up with all the latest mind-numbing memes to entertain the dumb masses?

0le

Won't be related. Linking accounts shares no actual information between systems. Twitch doesn't have any access to your Ubisoft login, or the other way around.
Okay. Even so, I became paranoid and changed my password for Amazon too :lol:.

mitChley

Wow. Amouranth does ASMR on YouTube. Girl pulled down over $1m on Twitch :eek:
She was more of a 'pool girl', so basically sat in a hot tub in not very much while people donated for her to change bikinis (off screen) and write users names on her arms. ***** be simping.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
people arguing about this on twitter write like this:

accelerate the wealth transfer to boomers imo.

Sweet Square

people arguing about this on twitter write like this:

accelerate the wealth transfer to boomers imo.
:lol:

Completely agree with this. It's the only way progress can happen. Can you imagine trying to talk to one of these people in real life. Brain melting stuff.