Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dane

One thing is squad depth another is a happy, well functioned and motivated squad. How are they gonna keep all these star players happy ?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
6 months ago he was bought for just 15 mil ffs.
Big clubs just refuse to learn. Benfica, Pirto, Ajax and similiar clubs are now just taking a piss. And i bet that they are laughing behind closed doors.
They just randomly slap 80+ prices on players and wait suckers from England to pay. Unbelievable shit.
"Hey, we have few players whos market value is 10-15 mil. Lets push story in media how we are not selling them under 100 mil."
Then suckers from PL come, pay 70-80 mil and think that they got a good deal.

romufc

Yeah I think it’s a funny and ridiculous use of money on someone who isn’t a sure thing in the slightest. He could do brilliantly, but for that sort of money, he must. Well to a normal club, doesn’t seem to matter to them.
For that money you are talking generational players. Someone who can change the game on his own, can Enzo possibly do that?

How Chelsea are able to spend 600m in a season is a joke, something has to give surely?

Imagine the pressure on the manager now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
One thing is squad depth another is a happy, well functioned and motivated squad. How are they gonna keep all these star players happy ?
"Star" players? How many star players did they bought in reality? All these players are only highly potential players. And nothing else.

Stadjer

Although Fernandez started and starred for Argentina's team as they beat France in the World Cup final, while Camavinga was on the France bench.

Genuine question for everyone out there - who, if anyone, seems a better prospect in central midfield out there right now than Fernandez?

Even more so, are there any top drawer young CMs who aren't yet already at a big club that won't sell a la Barca or Real?

One mentioned might be Caicedo, though Fernandez currently seems a better prospect than him. Are there any other possibilities a bit younger e.g. just making their debuts?

If Chelsea get Enzo and Barca won't sell FDJ, who can Utd get to replace /support Eriksen or Casemiro in the next season or two? And please not Rice.
Pedri, Gavi, Tchouameni, Bellingham and Enzo are likely the best young midfielders right now. Musiala too if you consider him a midfielder i suppose. Caicedo is good but hasnt shown as much as those other midfielders. If Enzo develops normally and Chelsea get him they do likely have one of the best midfielders in the world for the next 10 year.

Bellingham might be the only option for Manchester United from those midfielders and that is not going to be easy. Although if Chelsea buy Enzo, would they still try and get Bellingham? It is Chelsea so they might... you would think it would be one less contender for Bellingham though.

TheReligion

Abusive
In before "lets see how you react when you have your oil money".
The issue here is they’ve been bending the rules for over a decade now under Roman.

They have they been bailed out by the government when they had a tiny bit of hardship and have ended up with a new owner who is again circumnavigating things and throwing a world record amount of money at transfers in less than a year.

They have a stadium of 40k, the equivalent of Villa Park, and create limited revenue compared to the biggest clubs.

They have zero identity as a club anymore and the fans lap it up like lovesick teenagers whilst their homegrown players continue to get cast aside.

Just look what they did to poor Brighton earlier this season. Horrible. It’s no wonder they are so disliked throughout Europe.

Abraxas

Given they're most likely not going to be in the Champions League next year, they'll put 3 generations of his family on contract to comply with FFP. Bohelynomics.
True, but if the market is bonkers then you have to get creative and that's what they're doing. The problem for me is them and City were a huge part of inflating the market in the first place. So they've kind of made their bed under the previous ownership and now they have to deal with the consequences under a new ownership model that presumably is still looking to profit in the long term. It's not really anything that we couldn't achieve ourselves with decent owners.

It's an incredibly risky and novel strategy to have players on these deals for huge transfer fees and to be going so hard in the market but it is outside of the box, I'll give them that.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Not sure you can say that about Chelsea, they might be grim, but as a club they a have a hell of a lot more to them the hollow City project.
I agree totally. But this sort of spending and callously throwing away yet another youth product in Gallagher means that they continue to meander with no real identity either.

massi83

Not sure you can say that about Chelsea, they might be grim, but as a club they a have a hell of a lot more to them the hollow City project.
They had Russian murderous cnut as an owner for 2 decades. Any adult Chelsea fan is a cnut

BerryBerryShrew

Although Fernandez started and starred for Argentina's team as they beat France in the World Cup final, while Camavinga was on the France bench.

Genuine question for everyone out there - who, if anyone, seems a better prospect in central midfield out there right now than Fernandez?

Even more so, are there any top drawer young CMs who aren't yet already at a big club that won't sell a la Barca or Real?

One mentioned might be Caicedo, though Fernandez currently seems a better prospect than him. Are there any other possibilities a bit younger e.g. just making their debuts?

If Chelsea get Enzo and Barca won't sell FDJ, who can Utd get to replace /support Eriksen or Casemiro in the next season or two? And please not Rice.
The French midfield is substantially better that the Argie midfield though. And Fernández is a better fit for top level football right now because he has developed more positional sense than Camavinga, but he isn't more talented. In a few years, Camavinga will be better I reckon.

For all we know, Mainoo/Hannibal may end up being on the same level of Fernández. I don't see Fernández as being a "generational" talent that is worth over £100m so I feel that there are young players out there lurking in underage sides across the world that can reach his level with the right development.

bringbackbebe

True, but if the market is bonkers then you have to get creative and that's what they're doing. The problem for me is them and City were a huge part of inflating the market in the first place. So they've kind of made their bed under the previous ownership and now they have to deal with the consequences under a new ownership model that presumably is still looking to profit in the long term. It's not really anything that we couldn't achieve ourselves with decent owners.

It's an incredibly risky and novel strategy to have players on these deals for huge transfer fees and to be going so hard in the market but it is outside of the box, I'll give them that.
This isn't going to end well, like all brainless bubbles. I'm having my pop corn out.

Stadjer

For that money you are talking generational players. Someone who can change the game on his own, can Enzo possibly do that?

How Chelsea are able to spend 600m in a season is a joke, something has to give surely?

Imagine the pressure on the manager now.
He doesnt have to be 'generational' (whatever that exactly is) but if Enzo is part of the Chelsea midfield for 10 years and during that period among the best players in his position i would argue that it is money well spent.

Edit, well if you have that amount and if you can work within the rules of FFP. FFP doesnt seem an issue at all for Chelsea...

TheReligion

Abusive
They’ve managed to make themselves footballs biggest spoilt joke in very quick time to be fair.
Indeed. And you know what, I wouldn’t trade any of it.

Much sooner have a lad from Manchester who cost us nothing banging in the goals in front of 75k each week.

Stacks

He doesnt have to be 'generational' (whatever that exactly is) but if Enzo is part of the Chelsea midfield for 10 years and during that period among the best players in his position i would argue that it is money well spent.

Edit, well if you have that amount and if you can work within the rules of FFP. FFP doesnt seem an issue at all for Chelsea...
he has played 1 season in a top European league. What's all this "best players in his position" predictions all about?

SER19

If this goes through they'll have spent 600m euro since summer. Thats more than all of La Liga.

Sorry, but that's not possible

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The French midfield is substantially better that the Argie midfield though. And Fernández is a better fit for top level football right now because he has developed more positional sense than Camavinga, but he isn't more talented. In a few years, Camavinga will be better I reckon.

For all we know, Mainoo/Hannibal may end up being on the same level of Fernández. I don't see Fernández as being a "generational" talent that is worth over £100m so I feel that there are young players out there lurking in underage sides across the world that can reach his level with the right development.
He is brilliant kid with lot of potential. 100m is way too much. He isn't ready to take over Chelsea midfield now.

Rolaholic

he has played 1 season in a top European league. What's all this "best players in his position" predictions all about?
He joined Benfica in June so it's only been half a season technically.

Benfica are taking the absolute piss out of Europe with the profit they make off these cheap signings

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
is £105m the release clause?
If so, then this surely will go ahead now.
The release clause is €120m or £105m in full. Sounds like they're probably trying to get an agreement to pay in instalments?

Or else I'd imagine the noise would simply be "Chelsea activate Fernandez release clause"

romufc

That is hard to judge though, for example, if Chelsea win 1 CL in that time, most Chelsea fans will say its successful.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why is he so keen to go there? Don’t get it at all. Small club with no wide exposure. Go to a real club in the summer and be an actual star.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That’ll always mean more. Bless them though they’re having fun with this football manager nonsense.
I do hear what you're saying about the spending, but to be fair it isn't like we don't have our own local lads that the fans feel connected to playing every week. In fact we have more playing regularly for us than probably the entire league at the moment. It is crazy spending though, and I totally get that people are turned off by it. Hopefully it levels out over the coming windows.

Rolaholic

If this goes through they'll have spent 600m euro since summer. Thats more than all of La Liga.

Sorry, but that's not possible
It'll be north of 700m when including the deals already set for the summer.

That's more than any league outside of the PL has spent in a single summer window...

SATA

I simply can’t believe players like Caicedo and Enzo who have only played about 30 competitive games each so far in the european leagues would cost at least 80M upwards :houllier:

strandty

The release clause is €120m or £105m in full. Sounds like they're probably trying to get an agreement to pay in instalments?

Or else I'd imagine the noise would simply be "Chelsea activate Fernandez release clause"
Correct and they'd have to put it all down on this season's accounts rather than spread over the length of the contract if it's an accepted bid.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure what to make of this? Will wait for Orney or Fabrizio

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I simply can’t believe players like Caicedo and Enzo who have only played about 30 competitive games each so far in the european leagues would cost at least 80M upwards :houllier:
Nunez and Antony are similiar examples. Both had one good season and went for 100 mil.

It is not my money and shit but it really annoys me. 100 mil should be a price for proven, world class players like Kane, Casemiro, Kdb etc....players who go straight into team and make difference. You don't spend 100 mil on bloody potential.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
Why is he so keen to go there? Don’t get it at all. Small club with no wide exposure. Go to a real club in the summer and be an actual star.
Why do you think Chelsea are a small club..do you really think that. Around the world they are a massive club,I would say.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Nunez and Antony are similiar examples. Both had one good season and went for 100 mil.

It is not my money and shit but it really annoys me. 100 mil should be a price for proven, world class players like Kane, Casemiro, Kdb etc....players who go straight into team and make difference. You don't spend 100 mil on bloody potential.
Put some respect on Antony. He did well for two whole seasons I'll have you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.