Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

strandty

The Premier League has a squad cap of 25 players over the age of 21, with 8 of these having to be 'homegrown'. Now I know they can register Under 21's without touching the cap and clarifying them as their homegrown but they've got to seriously be on the edge of certain players not even being registered after the window?

IFC 1905

Mudryk and possibly Enzo.

I hope Benfica decline so more clubs can be in for Enzo in the summer.

If its his buyout clause they can't really say no though.

It's not the release clause. It's the equivalent but as an offer. If you pay the clause, you also have to pay the taxes, which is like a 23% more.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If Chelsea aren't considered a top club in England or Europe now then they never will be
People do point to Stamford Bridge and say a top club would have a top stadium. The same argument is made for other sport clubs. I see that being done in the next five years.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It's not the release clause. It's the equivalent but as an offer. If you pay the clause, you also have to pay the taxes, which is like a 23% more.
Good to know, I guess the question is do Benfica believe they'll get more in the summer

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
People do point to Stamford Bridge and say a top club would have a top stadium. The same argument is made for other sport clubs. I see that being done in the next five years.
Guess it depends on what you define a top stadium then, there's a lot of folks would say Old Trafford isn't a top stadium anymore but that doesn't make Man United not a top team, same with Liverpool and Anfield

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Small time compared to Real, Barca, Utd and Liverpool. They do not move the needle like other clubs.
Sure we are small compared to those teams and given how history works we likely always will be. However given how much football has changed in the last 20 years, it’s better to be relevant and successful than big. United and Milan have really asserted themselves in the footballing world in the last 10 years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If Chelsea aren't considered a top club in England or Europe now then they never will be
A lot of the responses from United fans on this forum in that 'is Chelsea bigger than Arsenal' thread said Chelsea were the biggest club in London. I disagreed because, having grown up and lived most of my life in London, it's never not been Arsenal in my lifetime, but the waves of Chelsea answers in that thread showed me a lot people really place a lot of weight on the last 20 years.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
close to being done,paid in 5 installments

seems to be a few reporting it

TheReligion

Abusive
Sure we are small compared to those teams and given how history works we likely always will be. However given how much football has changed in the last 20 years, it’s better to be relevant and successful than big. United and Milan have really asserted themselves in the footballing world in the last 10 years.
Funny that both United and Milan are still far more relevant and successful than Chelsea though isn’t it. Even after a lean patch.

RyRoc

If you can spend £280 million in the summer, effectively write a few of those signings off 6 months later and then spend another £250 million in January then I think there is a serious flaw in the system. Chelsea made some really bad transfer decisions in the summer and should have to at least face the consequences of that for a full season instead of just being able to throw more cash at it.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
A lot of the responses from United fans on this forum in that 'is Chelsea bigger than Arsenal' thread said Chelsea were the biggest club in London. I disagreed because, having grown up and lived most of my life in London, it's never not been Arsenal in my lifetime, but the waves of Chelsea answers in that thread showed me a lot people really place a lot of weight on the last 20 years.
I'm not one of them, I think Arsenal are still a bigger club than Chelsea but Chelsea have caught up a bit in the last 20 years but they've still aways to go IMO

Judas

Open to offers
And this time next year there will be an even higher rated midfielder that all the top teams want, I’m assuming Chelsea won’t sign them too, but they might! It’s dumb money.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You cannot become close friend with 12 new people in one year. But you can with one or two new people each year.
They will fail because money cannot buy trust between people.
You have a point about gelling time but regarding this bit i can categorically based on personal experience tell you that's false.

BlueHaze

Doesn't that quouted price make him the most expensive signing in football history?

I am pretty sure it does!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn't that quouted price make him the most expensive signing in football history?

I am pretty sure it does!
That will always be Neymar.

£105m is like a solid top 10, don't think it gets close to the top 5.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
You have a point about gelling time but regarding this bit i can categorically based on personal experience tell you that's false.
And why do they have to be close friends?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
And this time next year there will be an even higher rated midfielder that all the top teams want, I’m assuming Chelsea won’t sign them too, but they might! It’s dumb money.
Usually with this level of player we are miles down the que. Sometimes it will fall into place for us like it (hopefully) is with him and did with Hazard but the odds of the next "even higher rates midfielder" wanting us a priority is a slim to none.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Good player him and Mudryk what a window.

United need a serious WC CM in the summer to partner Casemiro

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not one of them, I think Arsenal are still a bigger club than Chelsea but Chelsea have caught up a bit in the last 20 years but they've still aways to go IMO
We agree. I was just saying, I was surprised by the sheer number of people who thought Chelsea were bigger. In my London bubble, it's something you rarely hear.

Castia

I can’t get my head around this deal. They bought him 6 months ago for 12m and are now selling him off the back of a good World Cup for 130m Euro’s it’s absolutely insane.

It‘s got disaster written all over this. Impressive spending by Chelsea though they’re taking it to the next level.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Duncan Castles is reporting it as £115m/130m EUROS? Makes it bigger than Joao Felix, 4th biggest ever.
His release clause is literally £105m. No idea why that guy is reporting those fees. Isn't he seen as some kind of joke on this forum?

BlueHaze

That will always be Neymar.

£105m is like a solid top 10, don't think it gets close to the top 5.
So many of those fecked up deals that my memory is cracked, completely forgot about Neymar and Mbappe! :lol:

mav_9me

I can’t get my head around this deal. They bought him 6 months ago for 12m and are now selling him off the back of a good World Cup for 130m Euro’s it’s absolutely insane.

It‘s got disaster written all over this.
Doubt it. He is too good to be a disaster but it's hard to know what counts as acceptable success when spending that much on a CM.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
We agree. I was just saying, I was surprised by the sheer number of people who thought Chelsea were bigger. In my London bubble, it's something you rarely hear.
Maybe they sold more shirts - when I lived in London a decade + ago it was mostly Arsenal and Spurs shirts I saw

In the US you don't really see sports shirts except at games or sometimes in a bar when there are games on

Judas

Open to offers
Do we think if Argentina go out in group stage this deal is happening? I know quite a big IF, but I don’t think there’s a chance, certainly not for this obscene fee.

bosskeano

so going to pay an extra 10m just so you can pay it over installments and spread his contract out to 6 or 7 years

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Hahahaha wow lost the plot.
He’s a great player and I would have loved him at United.

I am comfortable in saying this but Bruno Fernandes is better , of course 4 years older or is it 5 but he is factually better and cost half the price, you’d expect a similar impact.

No champions league football next season unless Chelsea go on an almighty run the likes of which we have never seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.