EPL Title Race 20/21

Irwin99

I'll happily take the stick if I turn out to be wrong but I feel you need a new man to take the next step up for the title.

Ole reminds me similar to Ranieri's spell with us, achieved a decent level of consistency but the team seemed to have a mental block when the trophy's were on the line.
I don't think it's being over-confident to say he will have a trophy by the end of this season and a second place finish is a good stepping stone.

A lot depends on what happens in the summer though and how much investment is made.

Robertd0803

City beat Palace next weekend means us not winning or not drawing v Liverpool gives them the title?

Its only a matter of time before they win anyway lets but not that scenario :mad:

croadyman

City beat Palace next weekend means us not winning or not drawing v Liverpool gives them the title?

Its only a matter of time before they win anyway lets but not that scenario :mad:
Bigger game for the scousers than it is for us, think we might take maybe 9 more points this season

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Yeah everyone had one eye on Thursday it seemed, and I'm actually OK with that as long as we get the result on Thursday
Yea but I can't help thinking that saf would've lit a fire under the players to really go for the title this season and put a scare on city and lay a marker down for the following season. To put in the players minds that this is a project to win the league and more.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Like the season before 06-07 we finished really strongly, it wasn't enough but the following season we started of like a rocket.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yea but I can't help thinking that saf would've lit a fire under the players to really go for the title this season and put a scare on city and lay a marker down for the following season. To put in the players minds that this is a project to win the league and more.
The period around the Sheff Utd loss I'd agree we were shite and that's when we would have normally kicked on under Fergie

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Even if we win all our games till the end of the season, City only need 2 pts from 3 games, due to our vastly inferior goal difference. Don't think this changes any of Ole's plans in the coming week.

The Firestarter

They still just need two points. We fecked around far too many games against bottom six teams.

reddevilchennai

Imagine Aguero fecking it in his last season after being the hero in his first season. From a legend to a villain.

The Firestarter

Just looked at the program though- they are playing Newcastle , Brighton, and Everton - all teams capable of game raising on their day. With ASM, Wilson, and Willock all playing , Newcastle certainly can pull a lucky win. Then it can get a bit hairy for them.

padr81

Supports
Man City
THEY. ARE. WORRIED.
Scared shitless we are. We definitely won't get another 3 points this season and I fully expect United to win every game even though they haven't shown that kind of consistency since 2013.

gazbradley

Easy to say with hindsight of course but can’t help feel gutted. Those dropped points against Sheffield Utd and West Brom have really come back to haunt us

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Scared shitless we are. We definitely won't get another 3 points this season and I fully expect United to win every game even though they haven't shown that kind of consistency since 2013.
Yeah we haven't won 5 games in a row since 2013. Oh wait we just did that a couple of week ago.

THEY. ARE. WORRIED.

cyberman

Didnt we have a 5 game winstreak before Leeds?
#21in21
Steve Bruce is coming for you buddy

SirtheIcarium

No one they have left to play have anything to play for, so there is no way they should be able to blow it from here.

Given that, if Aguero was to miss a sitter in the 95th minute of their last game to give us the title on goal difference, I don't know if I would ever stop laughing

fergies coat

We're still fighting for this title, and Pep's still got to got to Newcastle and get something, and I'll tell you honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We're still fighting for this title, and Pep's still got to got to Newcastle and get something, and I'll tell you honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!
:lol:

The PL gave City the title with our schedule, back to back champions with a * next to their name :smirk:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I just want as many points as possible. Im more than happy for City to lose 2 and draw 1 and see us overtake them.

Spray Harry and Bruno full of cortisone and make them play every minute of every game.

Teja

We can dream about a title race next season if we finish within touching distance of City (~6-8 pts). That's the best we can hope for here.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We can dream about a title race next season if we finish within touching distance of City (~6-8 pts). That's the best we can hope for here.
So if we finish 9 points behind you won't allow us to dream next season?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
admirable optimism, but there really isnt a title race haha. City have it won... its when not if

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
:lol:

The PL gave City the title with our schedule, back to back champions with a * next to their name :smirk:
Aye, an utter abomination, that.

By the way, did the league punish City with their rescheduling of the Everton game due to City players breaking Covid restrictions that time? City got a wonderful break at the very time every other side in the league was out on their feet and there hasn’t been a peep about it in the media ever since.

An absolute disgrace they benefitted from that when a punishment was more deserving. If City were forced to play their u23s as were the rules, there’s every chance Everton would’ve beaten them that night as City were only threading water at that juncture of the season. The break did them the power of good and that’s when they went on their inexplicable winning streak. It was a sliding doors moment in the title race for sure yet it’s never mentioned. Bizarre.