Eredivisie 2022/23

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's "ADO".
It's that how the locals call it? Cause it was also called just Den Haag for a while and I'm myself more used to that than ADO. But then people say 'nek' when the right name is N-E-C, so I won't claim knowledge about Den Haag. :)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Actually, real old school Hagenezen will always call it FC Den Haag.

I'm secretly a plastic Feyenoord fan from The Hague :wenger:
That's what I was thinking - you won't hear Harrie Jekkers say ADO. ;)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
"Ik zou best wel nog een keertje met die ouwe naar ADO willen kijken"

You would actually:wenger:
God dammit shit. I should have actually thought about the lyrics properly. I fecking know them by heart!

"In het Zuiderpark de lang zij, 'n broodje worst, supporters om je heen."

Ah well, at least I got that stuck in my head now, I'll take that as a win. Should play Alles today! (Two-cd with Klein Orkest's full output; brilliant kids cd they have too; you should check it out with those bairns of yours! Leve Het Nijlpaard is my favorite lullaby. :D)

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm not happy for Ajax and it's terrible for the European coefficient race, but it's been ages since we had a three way race again :drool:
I think Feyenoord lack the funds to adequately replace Trauner, so I think they'll fall behind eventually. Will be interesting to see how the situation at Ajax resolves. PSV seems to be the most stable. I think El Ghazi will do just fine to replace Gakpo. It's kinda sad to see Bazoer on the bench for AZ. #random thoughts

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
I'm not happy for Ajax and it's terrible for the European coefficient race, but it's been ages since we had a three way race again :drool:
I think Feyenoord lack the funds to adequately replace Trauner, so I think they'll fall behind eventually. Will be interesting to see how the situation at Ajax resolves. PSV seems to be the most stable. I think El Ghazi will do just fine to replace Gakpo. It's kinda sad to see Bazoer on the bench for AZ. #random thoughts
Ajax will comfortably win the title. We definitely won't.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The top 4 all drew and Twente won, meaning that there are now five teams within four points of each other. That's a fun return!

Not sure who comes out of this looking best. Twente surely won't keep this up, and the others all appear to have put in unconvincing performances. It's only one game though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax are so profoundly shite, I'm sort of beginning to believe in our chances of winning the league even though we are 50% worse than last year.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ajax are so profoundly shite, I'm sort of beginning to believe in our chances of winning the league even though we are 50% worse than last year.
Keep this up right now and you're 4 points ahead!

I guess people could say that Feyenoord is only in the race (on top, even) because the league is so poor this year with both Ajax and PSV being underwhelming - but then Feyenoord was weakened as well, so that's not a slight on Slot.

And anyway, I don't suppose Feyenoord fans will care if they do manage to win it! :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Keep this up right now and you're 4 points ahead!

I guess people could say that Feyenoord is only in the race (on top, even) because the league is so poor this year with both Ajax and PSV being underwhelming - but then Feyenoord was weakened as well, so that's not a slight on Slot.

And anyway, I don't suppose Feyenoord fans will care if they do manage to win it! :D
Yeah, I couldn't care less how we win the league IF we win it.

If we beat Ajax next week, I'll start to believe. We won't beat Ajax though. They will suddenly turn into Ten Hag's Ajax for 90 minutes.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
PSV have solde Madueke to Chelsea. For good money, sure (Teletekst says €30-40M), but that's another bit of attacking creativity gone. They'll really need to make one or two strong buys this window to replace that, cause otherwise I don't see how they'll stay in the title race; they just won't have the goals to grind out wins consistently.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We can end Ajax' titel aspirations today if we beat them. All signs are pointing to us being favourites and yet... we will lose 1-2.

King Kendrick

We can end Ajax' titel aspirations today if we beat them. All signs are pointing to us being favourites and yet... we will lose 1-2.
Even having said all that, don't underestimate that Mega Mind will find a way. Man is speed running a how to get sacked course yet VdS refuses to do so :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Even having said all that, don't underestimate that Mega Mind will find a way. Man is speed running a how to get sacked course yet VdS refuses to do so :lol:
Yeah if anyone can lose to Feyenoord it's Schreuder. It would just be so Feyenoord to act as a mental springboard for Ajax to bounce back.

King Kendrick

Yeah if anyone can lose to Feyenoord it's Schreuder. It would just be so Feyenoord to act as a mental springboard for Ajax to bounce back.
I think Slot has the team ready to break through. If you win today, and at least match the points tally of PSV over these next two weeks, looking at the fixtures outside of the second leg of Ajax, I dont see how it cant be done.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No we will still lose 1-2 :lol:

Kind of funny our goal is a result of Berghuis losing posession.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Likely to be Ajax's 6th game without a win in the league.
Would be the 8th overall so I suppose you mean consecutive? I didn't really realize they were doing that badly!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Come on you cnuts, see this out.
On the ropes?

Why didn't Schreuder start Bergwijn? And is Bassey playing fullback? Not watching it, just looking at the Teletekst line-up. :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
On the ropes?

Why didn't Schreuder start Bergwijn? And is Bassey playing fullback? Not watching it, just looking at the Teletekst line-up. :D
Nah we're a bit better, but still, we won 2 of the last 31 Klassiekers, so...

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Hey, I see Quinten Timber is already playing again! I thought he was going to be out for much longer.

King Kendrick

On the ropes?

The answer to your first q is its Mega Mind, but yes, Bassey was playing LB. Tadic has nudes of Schreuder's wife or some other incriminating evidence, man is trying to play counter-attacking football yet using him as a winger :confused:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The answer to your first q is its Mega Mind, but yes, Bassey was playing LB. Tadic has nudes of Schreuder's wife or some other incriminating evidence, man is trying to play counter-attacking football yet using him as a winger :confused:
Sorry for the dumb questions, but isn't Bassey a CB? So Schreuder kicked Blind out of the club without having quality backup for that position or is Bassey actually good there?

King Kendrick

Sorry for the dumb questions, but isn't Bassey a CB? So Schreuder kicked Blind out of the club without having quality backup for that position or is Bassey actually good there?
With the caveat that Ajax is a second team to United: AS' lineups are all over the place due to injury, suspension, and general chopping and changing. Wijndal has been available for selection, yet doesnt get picked. AS has said its because in training Bassey shows he's the best LB at the club, but I think its moreso because he's going for defensive solidarity rather than attacking prowess. Stylistically, while we went from Ole's counterattacking to EtH's front foot forward approach, Ajax did the opposite. It's actually painful to watch. Legit seems like he's throwing his hands up and begging Kudus to bail him out, similar to Bruno's first year or so. I get that it would be difficult with pretty much the entire first XI leaving, and the replacement signings havent been great, but feck me. Did you see Blind's interview?

Stadjer

No. Ajax bought Owen Wijndal. Wijndal thinks himself as the best left back in the Eredivisie and had a claim to that title during his time at AZ. Hasnt worked out for him at Ajax yet though.

King Kendrick

No. Ajax bought Owen Wijndal. Wijndal thinks himself as the best left back in the Eredivisie and had a claim to that title during his time at AZ. Hasnt worked out for him at Ajax yet though.
It’s not going to until they change systems. Wijndal wasn’t exactly the most defensively proficient LB in the league.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Thanks guys! Totally forgot about Wijndal. I actually read about him just a few days ago.

What Blind interview, @King Kendrick? I saw some of that saga but not sure what you mean specifically.

Putting all banter aside

Such a missed opportunity for Feyenoord to put Ajax at 8 points distance, they were better throughout the first 60 minutes of the game, then Ajax kinda reversed the game without creating too much.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Huh. Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. It vaguely fits with the bit about Wijndal.i read, where Schreuder said things about Wijndal's mentality (I think it was) which Wijndal subsequently said had never been told to him personally.

It sounds like Schreuder might have trouble with direct communication - which doesn't sound like a good trait for a coach! (And doesn't fit Ajax at all.) Plus apparently he's vindicative on top of that.

Hope they'll keep him. :D

King Kendrick

Huh. Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. It vaguely fits with the bit about Wijndal.i read, where Schreuder said things about Wijndal's mentality (I think it was) which Wijndal subsequently said had never been told to him personally.

It sounds like Schreuder might have trouble with direct communication - which doesn't sound like a good trait for a coach! (And doesn't fit Ajax at all.) Plus apparently he's vindicative on top of that.

Hope they'll keep him. :D
The best part is the caf will go on about Ajax being a well-run club while conveniently forgetting about shit like this :lol:. But yea, no clue why they still have him here, maybe they thought he was the success behind EtH when he was the AM and itll take time?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The best part is the caf will go on about Ajax being a well-run club while conveniently forgetting about shit like this :lol:. But yea, no clue why they still have him here, maybe they thought he was the success behind EtH when he was the AM and itll take time?
I guess that Ajax is still a well-run club in general, but getting the wrong people in key places (both Schreuder and Huntelaar/Hamstra) can mess up anything. They weren't necessarily bad appointments though. Huntelaar/Hamstra was temporary until they got a real successor to Overmars and Schreuder looked good; I think the media also considered him positively. Can't predict everything I guess.

Although I was intrigued by Ten Hag's comment that, like now at United, he brought the reserves team closer to the first team. You'd think Ajax already had that piece of the pipeline in place.

Putting all banter aside

What intrigued me as well of last Sunday was that Feyenoords' starting eleven was more than 3 years younger than Ajax. Normally it is the other way around but Feyenoord has a lot of young, talented players right now in their squad. Some interesting talents to watch (Geertruida, Bijlow, Wieffer, Kokcu, Hartman) although nowhere near the Man United level yet. Interesting team to watch with Slot as a future top tier manager.