Status
Not open for further replies.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
if he doesnt like it he shuld just leave are country :mad::mad:

Suv666

I mean its coming from a disgruntled employee so I'm not sure how reliable it is but as a fan I definitely got similar vibes.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If you weren't made of butter cookie you would've been favoured too sunshine.

Djemba-Djemba

He was always injured and on the rare occasions he was fit enough to play he was equally likely to put in a 1/10 performance as he was a 10/10 performance.

He has no room to complain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another little insight into why the dressing room was a mess last year.
We've done well to move a few like Bailly on, as well as benching a few under performers this year.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Eric Bailly has suggested Manchester United picked players during his time at the club based on whether they were English rather than their talent.

Bailly, an Ivory Coast international defender, is on loan at Marseille from United. The 28-year-old featured just four times last season, while, for example, England international Harry Maguire kept his place despite struggling for form.

The defender has said he hopes Erik ten Hag will change the situation for foreign players.

“The club should avoid favouring English players and give everyone a chance,” said Bailly.

“The club should encourage competition in the dressing room, not just look out for some. I’ve always had the feeling that the national player was prioritised.

“That doesn’t happen at Chelsea or other big Premier League clubs. Some people take it for granted that they are going to start, and that weakens the team. Luckily [Erik] Ten Hag has a lot of character and I hope he can change that dynamic."

He brought a temporary end to his stay at United, which began when he joined from Villarreal in 2016, after Lisandro Martinez joined the club from Ajax. Rafael Varane and Maguire were also ahead of him in the pecking order.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s obviously referring to Ole and Maguire, particularly him starting Maguire against Leicester last season with question marks over his fitness, only for Maguire to go and subsequently embarrass himself and the team.

A lot of reports that Bailly and other players were unhappy with that decision.

Woodzy

I mean it's fairly obvious this was the case but Bailly was barely fit anyway.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yep nothing to do with the fact that you're made out of glass. Or that for all your qualities, you'd have atleast one brain fart every game you played.

Forget about Harry Maguire, you couldn't get into the team ahead of Victor lindeloff.

He'd do well to shut up and get on with it.

mu4c_20le

He has a point, but we also needed players who could go on a run without getting injured.

21/22Ankle Injury13 days4
20/21Corona virus20 days5
20/21Knock8 days2
20/21Knock10 days2
20/21Knock8 days2
20/21Muscle Injury44 days9
19/20Neck Injury5 days1
19/20Knee Surgery169 days32
18/19Knee Injury78 days2
18/19Head Injury34 days7
18/19Knock5 days1
18/19Back Injury4 days1
18/19Knock9 days1
17/18Ankle Injury100 days21
17/18Knock21 days5

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Is that a dig at Maguire?
Yes - I think there were some rumblings in the middle of last season on how Maguire was always starting despite his sub par performances.

Bailly has some legitimacies in his gripe, but his inability to stay fit and Maguire always being fit is a massive factor in the latter's selection.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He's absolutely right but thankfully that doesn't appear to be the case with ETH.

Idxomer

He might've been another Henderson in the dressing room last season but he also deserved to feature more when Maguire was making mistakes almost every game.

prateik

It might be an issue, but it certainly wasnt the reason he wasnt starting.. he has plenty of mistakes in him. He cant be trusted. Also, he is a bit of a crock.

There is a reason no other club came in for him despite him being on the market for a small-ish fee.

AndersB

Tbf to Bailly I think he'd deserved more chances when he was actually fit, to get some consistency. He was seldom fit though.

Huddsred

Bailly had his chances with us. It's not the English players fault he couldn't stay fit.

reddevilchennai

He points out at Maguire being preferred without naming him. Maguire was preferred time and time again last season when his form and fitness were poor.

Simon Jones

if he doesnt like it he shuld just leave are country :mad::mad:
People who are not born in the UK, but who live and work in the UK, are fully entitled to criticise any aspect of living here, without the bigoted cry of "why dont you just leave the country then?"

TsuWave

I agree with him. Things seem to be changing with Ten Hag though, which is good.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You don't have to bring his injury record to the mix. Think his point is very valid - we were a mess last year. Maguire always played even with injuries . Noone had balls to bench that underperforming defence which included Maguire, Shaw, AWB .

Could he have been the replacement? Probably not - as he himself has been very underperforming for very long time. But the point stands.

JB7

People who are not born in the UK, but who live and work in the UK, are fully entitled to criticise any aspect of living here, without the bigoted cry of "why dont you just leave the country then?"
As if you took that seriously :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
He has a point, Maguire was shown preference over others last season, however if I were him, I'd be doing a bit more reflection on as to why I wasn't trusted to play over a shite/injured Maguire. A big clue is that it has nothing to do with where you were born

Telsim

People will hold his condition against him, but it definitely doesn't seem like he is wrong. It was also reported that Ole's "cultural reset" gave priority to English talents, thus Wan-Bissaka. Remains to be seen if this changes under Ten Hag regarding the preferential treatment.

mu4c_20le

Gotem

Giggsyking

With all the talk about his injuries, he is not wrong though about the English players. He was on the bench a lot watching Maguire ruining our season last year.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
You don't have to bring his injury record to the mix. Think his point is very valid - we were a mess last year. Maguire always played even with injuries . Noone had balls to bench that underperforming defence which included Maguire, Shaw, AWB .

Could he have been the replacement? Probably not - as he himself has been very underperforming for very long time. But the point stands.
Well you do since that's reason he didn't play. Had he been consistently fit he'd have played, he wasn't so he didn't.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
:lol:

mu4c_20le

Well you do since that's reason he didn't play. Had he been consistently fit he'd have played, he wasn't so he didn't.
This. Maguire has his faults obviously but one of his biggest assets is being able to play 50 games in a season. In an perfect world, underperforming players get dropped but as mentioned many times Bailly himself just wasn't reliable enough. Hence he was also being Lindelofe.

spiriticon

I think players from our youth team should be favoured (but not to the extent they are undroppable). That's what being a footie club is about.

Maguire and Shaw isn't from our youth team though, and should have been treated like the rest.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Telles and Dalot came in for most of the latter part of last season and rashford was dropped for Elanga - we were still shit. Maguire was also dropped for Lindelof a few times - such as Brighton when we lost 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.