g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Eric Bailly - English players were favoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Harsh!!?? He should have gotten at least 10. He sent the guy to intensive care!!
To be fair I didn't know that! Really? Ok then fair enough. On the face of its just a really really poorly timed challenge. If the bloke walked away afterwards it wouldn't be 7 games I don't think, but if he did end up in intense care, I get it.

BlueHaze

To be fair I didn't know that! Really? Ok then fair enough. On the face of its just a really really poorly timed challenge. If the bloke walked away afterwards it wouldn't be 7 games I don't think, but if he did end up in intense care, I get it.
''N’Diaye sustained several broken ribs as a result of the dangerous kick as well as liver and lung pain.''

Eric_the_Red99

7 games for the nutcase

If I had a quid for every time a French-speaking United player called Eric was banned for a kung-fu kick during a match…I’d have two quid. Which isn’t much but it’s weird it’s happened twice.

Reactions: Penna

stevoc

7 games seems harsh? It's a shite challenge obviously, but I don't think the punishment fits the crime.
He drop kicked someone studs up in the chest while making little or no effort to play the ball, he's actually lucky he only got a 7 match ban. Considering the injuries the other guy sustained he's fortunate he's only getting punished by the French FA.

The guy's a fecking maniac.

Chairman Steve

It’s disappointing that he’s never kicked (no pun intended) on from being a rough gem in the dirt at Villarreal. For every mental thing he does on the pitch, he pulls off some heroic act that most other centre backs can’t do. He also has had a bad time with injuries.

Revaulx

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Art...et-vers-un-retour-a-manchester-united/1385190

Eric Bailly, on loan from United, has lost the confidence of Igor Tudor, his coach at Marseille | He needs to play 10 of the last 12 games of the league Season to trigger obligation to buy, for just over £6 million. On top of that, Marseille would need to qualify for next season’s CL.
Oh great. So we’re going to be stuck with him?

Contract expires 2024, with one year option.

C'est Moi Cantona

I can't believe how it's worked out for him, I really thought we had a proper player there at one point.

Irwin99

Like Martial and maybe even De Gea it might be a case of just running down his contract here at this rate.

In fairness i think he had a pretty decent preseason under EtH didn't he?

Redlyn

Get him another loan and let him walk. Cut our losses and not saddle ETH with the nut case.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I'm not sure ETH wants him here, he went on loan with a possible permanent move, but that looks pretty unlikely. Still, Ten Hag has worked wonders with several players, so would he give him the opportunity in the summer?
On his day he is a very good defender, but he has been injured a fair bit, and quite a few instances of madness/stupidity on the pitch.
I think I'll leave that to the main man to decide whether he stays or goes.

We need an rvn

I'm not sure ETH wants him here, he went on loan with a possible permanent move, but that looks pretty unlikely. Still, Ten Hag has worked wonders with several players, so would he give him the opportunity in the summer?
On his day he is a very good defender, but he has been injured a fair bit, and quite a few instances of madness/stupidity on the pitch.
A fair bit :lol: :lol: (;)) - the guy has a permanent physio bed in between Jones' and Martial's. All three need to be out of the door permanently this summer

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I like the optimism, but probably ETH’s most used word is discipline. Discipline and Bailly do not belong in the same paragraph let alone sentence :lol:

Hulme91

Still find it bemusing how highly rated he seemed/seems to be by a big chunk of this fanbase, the guy is a genuinely stinking centre back that had/has no business playing for Manchester United.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Still find it bemusing how highly rated he seemed/seems to be by a big chunk of this fanbase, the guy is a genuinely stinking centre back that had/has no business playing for Manchester United.
Absolutely b******s. He's had some great games, as has Phil Jones , who is consistently being done down. Why do you even put drivel like that on here, is it because you want to jump on the bandwagon of everyone putting down these players who have given everything to this club.

stevoc

A few yeah, about 4-5 instances every time he's on the pitch.

stevoc

Absolutely b******s. He's had some great games, as has Phil Jones , who is consistently being done down. Why do you even put drivel like that on here, is it because you want to jump on the bandwagon of everyone putting down these players who have given everything to this club.
You don't need to censor the word bollocks mate.

crossy1686

career ending
Just cancel his contract, there’s no way he should be coming back here after this loan stint. It’s mental how good some of these players think they are, then they go on loan to an easier league and still can’t cut it after all the shit they’ve been talking.

The guy is an absolute liability, he does those chest high tackles in training, and that’s when he’s fit! Just pay him out and have done with it.

Hulme91

Every footballer in the Premier League is capable of having some of great games... and just like Phil Jones that doesn't mean he's good enough. How we still have both taking up a place on the books is anyone's guess

crossy1686

career ending
He’s had some good games but they’re very few and far between, mostly because he does something brilliant and 5 seconds later he steps on the ball and falls over as the last defender or does an over head kick in his own box. When footballing brains were handed out he was at the back of the queue, but strangely at the front of the queue for self belief.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Every footballer in the Premier League is capable of having some of great games... and just like Phil Jones that doesn't mean he's good enough. How we still have both taking up a place on the books is anyone's guess
I never said he was good enough, or Phil Jones, but these players have pulled on a United shirt, and given their all to this club, to have posters saying things like ' he's a genuinely stinking centre back ' get my hackles up.
He joined this club, rightly or wrongly, under Mourinho I believe, has given everyone heart failure from time to time, and over the last couple of seasons has suffered from injury, just like Jones. Does anyone honestly feel that these players ' want' be injured, and not playing?
They're on the books because the club gave them long contracts, do you expect them to just walk away from that?
The signs indicate that Bailly, along with a number of others, will move on this summer, which probably is the right decision, but let's see what Ten Hag does, if Bally is happy to play second fiddle to Varane, then a fit Bailly could be a decent back up

Status
Not open for further replies.