Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

What double standard is that? You haven't really mentioned any double standard. All you've done is express your displeasure at the idea that fans can call BS on someone who signs a contract and immediately starts talking about how new contract isn't enough and demands game time, when the reason for that lack of game time is him being injured basically every other week..
As I said, this isn’t limited to Bailly, you have people turning up at Rooney’s house in 2011 during the contract wrangles, to celebrate with glee 4 years later as he left, all the summer transfer threads of De Gea, ‘giving him whatever he wants’ to now openly calling to offload him because of that same contract everybody were all too willing to give. The point here is contracts aren’t worth the paper they are written on the moment the players outlive their usefulness, so we have little grounds to complain about someone looking after himself, as that contract ‘protects his value’ in the eye of the club. He clearly lacks self-awareness, or at best, rather hopeful about his fitness prospect, but from his POV there’s nothing wrong with saying ‘if you don’t give me games, sell me’, whether he’s out of contract in a year or 5.

Just to be clear here, I think he should have been sold long ago, I think he shouldn’t have been offered a new contract, but that’s on us. He’s been consistent in his demand for game time, so there’s nothing in these latest comments that should surprise anybody.

The Original

Why not, some players refuse to play for their clubs when they are unhappy. Who's to say they they havent used these or other type of tactics to avoid playing.
You can refuse to play. You can't fake an injury. It's extremely easy to confirm an injury and of course every injured player gets checked and treated immediately.

The worst thing about your argument is that you're arguing that he's angry at not playing and is therefore faking an injury so as to play even less.

I thought that was the worst part but no, the worst part is that you're going on about him faking an injury without a shred if evidence.

krentz

I don't think you can count corona virus as an injury. Missing 16 games obviously isn't great, though.
It's not only that but this guy basically gets injured every single month, another month, another injury for Baily. Clearly not a player you can build a solid defense with.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Out? wh's paying his wage? Surely if he leaves we'll continue to pay a percentage of his wage.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
You can refuse to play. You can't fake an injury. It's extremely easy to confirm an injury and of course every injured player gets checked and treated immediately.

The worst thing about your argument is that you're arguing that he's angry at not playing and is therefore faking an injury so as to play even less.

I thought that was the worst part but no, the worst part is that you're going on about him faking an injury without a shred if evidence.
Ask Kaiser :)

Eternitiy

Awful comments from Bailly. Would be very satisfied if we somehow manage to sell him this summer.

100% Tuanzebe should play over Bailly against Villarreal. I don't really rate Tuanzebe as a long-term United player, but he at least has a mature and calm presence and mentality. His defending might be exposed, but I trust at least he won't make a rash or calamitous decision to cost us dearly.

TsuWave

Player says he’s not really trying to ride the bench.

Fans: rage.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There are just so many reasons we should be looking to ship him out: He's not good enough. He can't stay fit for any stretch of time. He's unhappy to not be in the first XI. We're likely sign a new centre back so that'll leave him even further from the first XI.

I was hoping when he went public the first time we'd do the right thing and sell right away, not because it was out of order, just because it's convenient. Then we gave him a new deal, as we do, and he went public again, proving in the meantime that he's not good enough.

If we're signing Varane (or someone not as muppetastic) Lindelof is 3rd choice. Tuanzebe looks to be going out on loan for the season. I'm just hoping Bailly makes another stink, manually pushing the club to get rid and we sign a young defender of promise to be our fourth choice for the coming season.

*Jones doesn't count.

Hughie77

Could well happen, in a swap deal and cash Pau Torres . Can u see that along with Varane? Wow what a window then

Robertd0803

Could well happen, in a swap deal and cash Pau Torres . Can u see that along with Varane? Wow what a window then
Cant see Varane and Torres in the same window. Maguire isnt being replaced and neither one of them will be a back up.

Either way would anyone miss Bailly if he was sold in the morning?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ideally we sell him to Villarreal this summer. Otherwise we’ll be in the all too familiar position of having a player who wants out with <2 years on his contract.

Oranges038

No it's because he is moaning about barely starting games but is nearly always injured and when he isn't injured and plays he has always been underwhelming.
Yeap, I don't know what anyone sees in him at all. He's mostly injured, he's a few good games but by and large he's been fairly average, nothing about him says he's anything more than that. He's way too erratic for defender, a total bombscare at times. Don't see how anyone beside him would be able to trust him to not do something totally idiotic, most of the time it looks like even he doesn't know what he's going to next.

EngimaMK

He has had some good games but lots of feck ups and injury periods. Really nothing more than a good squad member. If he can't deal with that, then get rid. You won't win titles with bailly as a starting CB.

stevoc

Cant see Varane and Torres in the same window. Maguire isnt being replaced and neither one of them will be a back up.

Either way would anyone miss Bailly if he was sold in the morning?
Yes there would be wailing in some quarters.

He's the best defender at the club* don't you know?

*When fit, in form and not practising his Kamikaze, Kung Fu brand of brain dead defending.

PieCrust

Bailly has had 2 good runs of form during his time and overall has shown he cannot be consistent, while also being injured quite often. He's fine as a squad option. But also don't mind if the club move him on. As long as he's not a regular starter, which the club seems to agree with.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, but i assumed it was with a view to receiving a fee. He's been linked with Villareal, and apparently wants out.
Sorry I just disagree with your statement about “a player who wants out with <2 years on his contract”. My point was that he’s got more on his contract now from a month ago. I agree with the sentiment to sell him

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sorry I just disagree with your statement about “a player who wants out with <2 years on his contract”. My point was that he’s got more on his contract now from a month ago. I agree with the sentiment to sell him
Ah I see. Well I guess he isn't going to go up in value since he never bloody plays. It's only downhill from this summer really.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If you wanted out of a club, would you sign a new contract? That makes absolutely no sense.
I tend to agree, but you can also look at it as a bit of an insurance for an absolute crock of a player. And he may have seen some extra cash come his way.

ShinjiNinja26

Really unfortunate he’s so injury prone as there’s a top defender in there. Didn’t he basically play every game is his first season as well? I seem to remember him being a regular fixture at the back en route to winning the League cup and Europa which makes it even more frustrating.

If you wanted out of a club, would you sign a new contract? That makes absolutely no sense.
yes, got all mouthy after signing a multi £million contract that no one else in their right mind would give him.

Doesn’t know how good he’s got it. Not a player that would be missed.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He signed the deal and then complained about his playing time after that

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah, but i assumed it was with a view to receiving a fee. He's been linked with Villareal, and apparently wants out.
Strange tactic though. Are clubs really going to pay 5-10m more with contract extension and increase in his wages particularly as he really hasn't played much in last two seasons. Better to let contract run down to one year left and then can be moved on more easily.

Can't really see you buying two CBs this summer unless you're playing 3 at the back more regularly given Maguire's a certain starter and Lindelof still around, think you're going all in for Varane.

MDFC Manager

You better start looking for other solutions then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out sunshine, because that would rule you out until next year.
Only just seen this, wow.

Win win - if the new contract means we get £20-30m for him then happy days.

Tuanzebe and Mengi are more than capable of filling in for the 3 games a season he'd be fit for and we can put the money towards a proper defender.
Absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.