Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

Top class player once every ten games, when you do the maths based on him being injured over half the time it means that we may get 2 top class performances from him per season if we start him every time he is available. Seems like a bad deal for me.

I like him and I don't really care about the comments but it would be better for everyone involved if he got a move somewhere else.

-Supreme-

I'd much rather him saying he wants to move elsewhere than saying he'd fight for a place in the starting XI meaning he's happy to take an easy route by earning good money and remains in the treatment room i.e. Phil Jones.

OverratedOpinion

I wonder if he is actually that injury prone or if he just sulking half the time when he gets dropped?
He can do one.
A lot of people believe the theory that "injury prone" players are often just dead set against playing unless they are absolutely 100%

I think that is true personally.

Tony247

Bailly and Jones are those who get injured while playing FIFA 21.

Heinzesight

Yes, he has all the attributes to be fantastic but you can guarantee his brains will turn to shit for a few minutes here or there and we can’t have that. He’s a headless chicken at times and what United fan can relax watching him at the back?

Coops73

You better start looking for other solutions then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out sunshine, because that would rule you out until next year.
Seriously Eric, you’re ‘avin a fecking laugh mate, get yourself off to the eternal city, should go well with your eternal injury list.

LoneStar

It was baffling when we got the contract, but maybe it will turn out well if we can sell him for a decent fee now. Extremely inconsistent player, and very injury prone. Those are the two things you would not want in a CB.

I can see a few clubs being interested in him. He has his days where he plays very well, so hopefully that'll bump up the prices.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Lots of criticism for a player who has been injured alot but played well for us when he's fit.

I've got no problem with his reaction, I'd be more concerned if he wasn't bothered about not starting.
Injured a lot and has the cheek to demand immediate starts...gets games....gets injured. Cycle continues.

I like Bailly and thought he was full of raw potential and generally plays well (after some ridiculously shakey decisions) but hes unreliable. Such a shame.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
A lot of people believe the theory that "injury prone" players are often just dead set against playing unless they are absolutely 100%

I think that is true personally.
There's certainly some truth to that. I vaguely remembering SAF mentioning that Saha and Hargreaves's injury troubles were just as much mental as they were physical.

croadyman

Seriously Eric, you’re ‘avin a fecking laugh mate, get yourself off to the eternal city, should go well with your eternal injury list.
Yeah if selling him meant we had that little bit extra required to get Varane then all for it

432JuanMata

On the eve of a cup final. What a dope.

Phil Jones isn't even 30 yet. Somehow.
That’s one of them “it can’t be true, but is”.

Edit Don’t know how I forget that as me and Phil Jones where born on the same day in the same year and I’m only 29:lol::lol::lol:

croadyman

You better start looking for other solutions then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out sunshine, because that would rule you out until next year.
He has done a right Pogba here and just hope it doesn't have the same effect as that did on the eve of Leipzig

432JuanMata

He has done a right Pogba here and just hope it doesn't have the same effect as that did on the eve of Leipzig
I don’t get them comments from him at all. He starts 2-3 games and plays well then he isn’t on the bench he is on the injury table

Dazzmondo

Wasn't happy with use giving him a new deal in the first place and then he goes and has a moan. He's completely unreliable.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m hoping he leaves and is replaced by a serious option over the summer. He has had his chance and isn’t reliable enough for a top team.

Infestissumam

But I've seen the very same said prior to him signing the contract ext and that was what /5 weeks back?
even the headline of the Times article quotes him saying "I signed a new contract but if I’m not starting, I will look for another solution". So those are clearly fresh quotes post-contract extension.

jesperjaap

Top class player once every ten games, when you do the maths based on him being injured over half the time it means that we may get 2 top class performances from him per season if we start him every time he is available. Seems like a bad deal for me.

I like him and I don't really care about the comments but it would be better for everyone involved if he got a move somewhere else.
Completely agree, my sentiments too. I did see someone comment that his injury record has been pretty bad before he came to us too. Obviously has weaknesses in his game even when fit, but I still think he is currently our best partner for Maguire when he can stay fit if he gets a run of games.

We needed to sign a centre back regardless of him staying or going. But the new contract was a joke unless it was purely to get a decent fee for him. I dont think we can make comparisons to SHaw either, he had a major injury and a manager that didnt like him. Bailly has been a different case entirely

croadyman

I’m hoping he leaves and is replaced by a serious option over the summer. He has had his chance and isn’t reliable enough for a top team.
Would be great to get a starter (Varane/Torres) but also a rotational one IF we didn't have more pressing issues in other areas

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
even the headline of the Times article quotes him saying "I signed a new contract but if I’m not starting, I will look for another solution". So those are clearly fresh quotes post-contract extension.
How fresh they are is moot, they are bloody tactless seeing that Ole has stood by him. No club of Utd's stature would look twice at him right now.

croadyman

Fecking hell, a come and get me plea to Mourinho on the eve of the EL final. Could send him back to Villarreal as part of the Torres transfer.
Torres would be my first choice in that position IF we weren't heavily linked to Varane who has been my dream CB since 2011

Bondi77

Agent Mourinho to start clearing out all of our deadwood? Any chance he would want Matic and Phil Jones as well?
Jose hardly played him once he bought Lindelof and I think Smalling was his number one defender in his time with us.

Bondi77

Axel is a better player anyway and I hope he shows it in the final.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I mean, it's perfectly understandable - as such - for a 27 year old player to reason as he (seemingly) does: I don't want to be a bench option at this stage of my career.

Sure, yeah - again, perfectly understandable. As such.

What most will think, however, reading those comments - is: "Feck-up prone crock who hasn't developed at all since signing five years ago demands to start - or else..."

And most won't be too worried about the "or else" part. In fact, most would rejoice if we could get a half-decent price for him.

And if he actually ended up with Maureen...I mean, it would be great, no? Mike and Eric running through walls (not very sturdy walls, but still walls) for Maureen - I personally would wish them the best of luck (with that).

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Could be a blessing in disguise, especially for Tuanzebe who would take his spot. He's a solid defender but injuries have not been on his side. So if we get a CB this summer we could generate more money for other transfers. Respect to him for making his feelings absolutely clear in his interview with the Times.

He's a good defender but we can cope with his loss,

Status
Not open for further replies.