Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherham_red

Part-ex for Pau Torres IMO. We'll pay the release clause for Torres (either £43m or £50m depending on where you read it) and then negotiate a deal with Villareal for Bailly to make up for some of the shortfall from the former deal (I'd say £30m considering the new contract).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
By far the most physically gifted and bravest defender we've got. I wonder if we had better management, trainers and coaches, he'd have stayed more fit and would be making better decisions. The contrast in his speed, strength, testicular fortitude, etc,.... over Lindelof and Maguire is clear. I'm guessing that he'll do a lot better in an organization run by actual footballers. I hope we win tomorrow but top four and Thursday football isn't good enough. We'll never win the Premiership or the Champion's league with Victor, Harry, Scoobie and Fred. Glazer's out! Eddie out! We need to continue to work to drive our current cast of carnies, grifters and spoilers the feck out.
Bailly is one of the drifters too

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I doubt it's his decision to release it now. For all we know the interview was conducted a week or two ago. I have only seen the quotes so if there is more information I could be wrong. Would be very much like the media to put out this type of stuff before a final to get maximum interest.
Just posted as such, it was a while back I think.

Djemba-Djemba

By far the most physically gifted and bravest defender we've got. I wonder if we had better management, trainers and coaches, he'd have stayed more fit and would be making better decisions. The contrast in his speed, strength, testicular fortitude, etc,.... over Lindelof and Maguire is clear. I'm guessing that he'll do a lot better in an organization run by actual footballers. I hope we win tomorrow but top four and Thursday football isn't good enough. We'll never win the Premiership or the Champion's league with Victor, Harry, Scoobie and Fred. Glazer's out! Eddie out! We need to continue to work to drive our current cast of carnies, grifters and spoilers the feck out.
I was really hoping the last few weeks with Maguire out where we've looked a shambles at the back and Bailly in particular has been an absolute joke, would put an end to this stupid idea Bailly is our best defender.

But clearly not, some people bizarrely still believe it.

A-man

I think someone's been told they're not starting in the final.
I guess after this, Ole can’t even put him on the bench.

Physically gifted?! He’s the weakest player of them all, a little knock and he’s out for weeks, over and over again. He’s fast, that’s about it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Baily's reputation is amazing for someone who's so frequently on the treatment table.

Judas

Open to offers
"physically gifted and bravest defender we've got" :lol: bloody hell give me strength. Maguire is brave, Bailly is just a bit mad, like Rojo, thoughtlessly throws himself around like a maniac. Physically gifted means so little too, physically he's made of glass.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He can go if he wants, Make room for a proper CB and Tuanzebe can be 4th. Axel has looked much better this season anyway. Why did he even sign a contract? It's obvious he's not starting ahead of Lindelof, let alone if we sign a CB.

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
Wow so many grown man losing their shit over this :lol: It shows how easy to manipulate people really.

And to be fair to him he has a point because even when he played well Ole turned to Lindelöf. After the Villa where he played a blinder and made that legendary block, Ole preferred Lindelöf next game at Etihad in a Cup semi final defeat and basically told him no matter how good he plays Lindelöf is the first choice alongside Maguire.

He's injury prone which is a shame because he's a great athletic defender when fit but I get his frustrations with selection tbh. You can't be happy when you're better than your teammate for your position but that gets overlooked. Ole did him no favours tbh. And to the ones who'd like to see Lindelöf - Tuanzebe in the final, I'd like to remind you the passive performance of Lindelöf vs Sevilla last year. Is that really what you want again?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Baily's reputation is amazing for someone who's so frequently on the treatment table.
Has one blinding game in 12. His last great performance was against Wolves at the turn of the year. That’s not the kind of consistency we need. Victor is not brilliant by any means but is a whole lot more consistent

bdspeedy

I was really hoping the last few weeks with Maguire out where we've looked a shambles at the back and Bailly in particular has been an absolute joke, would put an end to this stupid idea Bailly is our best defender.

But clearly not, some people bizarrely still believe it.
Bizarrely.... or more accurately.... you dishonestly mischarachterize what I've written. You've even bolded my EXACT point.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't believe he's been here FIVE seasons and only played 105 games!
38 of those in year 1, meaning averaging around 14 a season since!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
"physically gifted and bravest defender we've got" :lol: bloody hell give me strength. Maguire is brave, Bailly is just a bit mad, like Rojo, thoughtlessly throws himself around like a maniac. Physically gifted means so little too, physically he's made of glass.
Glass is expensive

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think its an accurate statement. Like you allude to though those two things alone do not make a good or great defender. I'd say the two most important things are reading of the game and decision making with physical attributes a close third. Of course if you include availability and fitness as a part of physically gifted the statement becomes false and you could argue Maguire is our most physically gifted center back.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Shows what a heavy schedule it’s been when such reliable fit players like him are needing treatment.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The contract was just to sell him on and get some money in to help us probably with his replacement.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
You better start looking for other solutions then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out sunshine, because that would rule you out until next year.
Wait, did this kung fu clown said this today of all of the days? Think we play some game tomorrow if I'm not mistaken?
Why do we have so many players who are over payed, over hyped, brainless and careless.

stevoc

Yeah he's so brave yet every time he gets even the slightest knock he doesn't play. Contrast that to Lindelof playing with a bad back, Maguire playing with knocks and others in the squad like Rashford playing with shoulder and ankle injuries. Testicular fortitude indeed.

Eric's been as injury prone under Solskjaer as he was in Mourinho's 2nd and 3rd seasons.

RedDevil@84

Nice sarcasm

stevoc

Lots of criticism for a player who has been injured alot but played well for us (at times) when he's fit.

I've got no problem with his reaction, I'd be more concerned if he wasn't bothered about not starting.
Yeah sometimes, other times not so much.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fecking hell. Is he serious? The guy's injured for 3/4 of most seasons and has the audacity to come out and say that. Players do too much talking nowadays and as with the case with Bailly, very little action.

If he were to go tomorrow, then we wouldn't miss him. Decent when he comes in but nowhere near reliable.

Think that confirms it now, regards who starts the final. Maybe he's trying to put pressure on Ole but he has no right to say what he said, especially given his shite injury record.

Next season, we should be looking to get a starter CB to partner Maguire, with Lindelof and Tuanzebe as backup.

Or Ole may be happy with Maguire and Lindelof, with Tuanzebe and new left-footed centre back coming in (Badiashile, Botman, Carmo).

Brophs

The One and Only
I just wish we could have gotten a sign that this would happen.

Godfather

Always had a soft spot for him. Comes across like a proper feckwit recently. To come out with this one day before a EL final says it all.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

You better start looking for other solutions then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out sunshine, because that would rule you out until next year.
:lol: :lol:

See you after then, you tube. That's an impressive amount of rubbish to come out with.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I can't see how we would trick someone into paying any money, irrelevant of talent, he's on fairly high wages for what he has done in his career, is 27 now so can't call it "potential" anymore, between probably £80 to £100k a week basic.

Unless he is willing to take a huge pay cut, nobody will pay any money for him unless he stays fit, it's that simple. Not sure what it is on here but I regularly see people say we will get £30m for Jesse, £10 for Matic etc it's all frankly insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.