Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

What's wrong with the quotes...

Football player wants to start + Football player wishes former manager well.

Who cares?

Devil may care

I wouldn't worry about this upsetting the team before the EL final, he's probably been told that Axel is starting the final and this is his response. If we can get £40M combined from Roma for him and Matic it would be great business.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Poor mentality. Doesn't seem to realise the improvement he needs to make in his game. Not surprising that his game has gone nowhere in 4 years.

acnumber9

Tuanzebe has earned a starting spot ahead of him for the final anyway. Good luck on your journey down the football pyramid, Eric.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
If these are fresh quotes, probably confirms Axel is rightfully starting the final.
My first thought too. Surely no player comes out with comments like that before starting in a cup final.

I like crazy Eric. I genuinely enjoy watching him when he's at his best. There's no defenders with his undeserved level of boldness. But he's unreliable. He can be brilliant one match then a liability the next. And that's when he's even available.

Ekeke

Wants to play, doesnt play, would be easy to take the guaranteed money with a contract and everyone would be frustrated from the fans to the player. Good luck to him somewhere else, timing isnt good

Jaxa

How can a guy who's played about 10 minutes this season due to injuries and has been the case for the last 4-5 years now come out with a statement like that,

The guys not right, his brain has a cable that needs reconnected,

Ole will play this down in public but he will be fuming and rightly so.

Get him to Roma ASAP

peridigm

Bailly and Smalling starting for Roma under Jose. You love to see it.

Okey

Who was he speaking to? Pretty crazy coming out with this today. But hey, won't be missed much. Hopefully the new contract means a decent fee for him. Good defender made of glass, and not the fibre type.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Just offload this walking medical bill. Bring someone in this summer and give Axel more minutes. No club can handle two Phil Jonses!

mu4c_20le

"We had a few good laughs" .. was that right after he said he wanted to go to Rome and play for him?

bsCallout

To be fair he probably signed the contract so we could get a fee for him didn't he?

Matic and Bailly to Roma. Mourinho to play Smalling, Bailly and Matic would be gold.

I love Italy taking crocks and flops off us.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I feel like he came out to say this because Ole told him Tuanzebe would start ahead of him. Oh well good luck in his next club

Tiber

Saw this thread was bumped and hoped there was news on him moving on, but I suppose the new contract means we are stuck with him.

Much cheaper to extend Bailly than bother with the fuss of signing a starter.

hubbuh

New contract, now this. Fukk off.
The new contract will give us a lot more room for manoeuvre when it comes to negotiating transfer offers.

What's wrong with the quotes...

Football player wants to start + Football player wishes former manager well.

Who cares?
Yeah, the guy is 27 years old. It's understandable that he wants to make the most of his career at this point. Apart from that injury at the start of the season, he's been available for the majority of the season so I can see his point of view.

SATA

He isn’t Paul Pogba and a big enough name, so i think the impact and morale on the team whether he plays or not isn’t really influential. Yeah i do think he’s been told he’s not starting the final. Very likely Maguire is not making it and Axel will start. Don’t think he’ll begrudge and come out with those quotes if Maguire rightfully starts ahead of him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it's pretty clear it'll be Tuanzebe + Lindelof in the final and that'll be him gone.

Hopefully we can get north of around £15m for him.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I wouldn't worry about this upsetting the team before the EL final, he's probably been told that Axel is starting the final and this is his response. If we can get £40M combined from Roma for him and Matic it would be great business.
Roma have two very promising young CBs plus Smalling. The last thing they need is Bailly, who would probably be their 2nd or 3rd highest earner depending on the exact terms of the new contract, sitting on the bench (or the physio table) cashing checks.

AshRK

Honestly would sell him . He is not dependable and even when fit is massively overrated.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think it's pretty clear it'll be Tuanzebe + Lindelof in the final and that'll be him gone.

Hopefully we can get north of around £15m for him.
In this market, who is going to pay £15m for a 27-year-old CB who has played a total of around 1800 league minutes over the last three years and is probably on £90-100k a week (I don't know the terms of his new deal I'm sure he got a pay raise)?

Infestissumam

are these even real quotes, and are they taken out of context at all? I just don't trust these Twitter accounts one bit.

I didn't like the contract extension in the first place. Sell him.

Devil may care

Roma have two very promising young CBs plus Smalling. The last thing they need is Bailly, who would probably be their 2nd or 3rd highest earner depending on the exact terms of the new contract, sitting on the bench (or the physio table) cashing checks.
This is Mourinho though, he likes experienced players and he's been known to go back for players he's had before.

krentz

The new contract will give us a lot more room for manoeuvre when it comes to negotiating transfer offers.

Yeah, the guy is 27 years old. It's understandable that he wants to make the most of his career at this point. Apart from that injury at the start of the season, he's been available for the majority of the season so I can see his point of view.
Here's a list of Baily's injury and sickness this season alone:

SeasonInjuryfromuntilDaysGames missed
20/21Corona virusMar 31, 2021Apr 20, 202120 days5
20/21KnockMar 17, 2021Mar 25, 20218 days2
20/21KnockFeb 3, 2021Feb 13, 202110 days2
20/21KnockJan 21, 2021Jan 29, 20218 days2
20/21KnockJan 10, 2021Jan 11, 20211 days-
20/21Muscle InjuryOct 18, 2020Dec 1, 202044 days9

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eric-bailly/verletzungen/spieler/286384

Clearly he's got more injuries than you think.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In this market, who is going to pay £15m for a 27-year-old CB who has played a total of around 1800 league minutes over the last three years and is probably on £90-100k a week (I don't know the terms of his new deal I'm sure he got a pay raise)?
Hence the "hopefully" part of my post, admittedly a fair bit of blind hope. I'd expect about £10m or so, should we actually find a buyer. His comments also suggest it's him open to the move and not us trying to shift him. At that point, wages become a little bit less of a sticking point.

Hughes35

If he was always fit and came out with these comments i'd agree with him..... After his fitness issues, the lack of self awareness is staggering.

Varun

Staff
Not surprised to see he's as thick off the pitch as he's on it. It's just 1 brain with 100 neurons after all.

Zlatattack

This is exactly why we shouldn't give shit players new contracts. It makes them comfortable. He's barely paid more than 4-5 games a row for us - ever, and suddenly he thinks he can dictate to the club when he ought to play? Do one. I can't remember a game where he wasn't a liability anyway.

Zlatattack

I'll be really glad to see him go. It means maybe we can actually buy a decent CB.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The kind of player you expect to give away a needless penalty in a final.

hubbuh

He was on £80k a week before, no chance that got bumped up to £100k. The extension guarantees him a very good salary until he's 30 (if he stays) and ensures United are able to get a decent fee for him (if he leaves). Win-win.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

With the injury record he has, that is some cheek to moan about game time. Prove your reliability then you can moan about squad selection.

freeurmind

weak willed
Lots of criticism for a player who has been injured alot but played well for us when he's fit.

I've got no problem with his reaction, I'd be more concerned if he wasn't bothered about not starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.