Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Just move him on for a basic fee whilst sacking the idiot who gave him a new contract and have done with it.
Sick of rewarding these insignificant players, particularly ‘athletes’ who cannot maintain their fitness.

hubbuh

Here's a list of Baily's injury and sickness this season alone:

SeasonInjuryfromuntilDaysGames missed
20/21Corona virusMar 31, 2021Apr 20, 202120 days5
20/21KnockMar 17, 2021Mar 25, 20218 days2
20/21KnockFeb 3, 2021Feb 13, 202110 days2
20/21KnockJan 21, 2021Jan 29, 20218 days2
20/21KnockJan 10, 2021Jan 11, 20211 days-
20/21Muscle InjuryOct 18, 2020Dec 1, 202044 days9

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eric-bailly/verletzungen/spieler/286384

Clearly he's got more injuries than you think.
I don't think you can count corona virus as an injury. Missing 16 games obviously isn't great, though.

Bwuk

I'd happily see him go. He's a liability. Far too prone to complete blunders.

He's very athletic, but lacks any sort of football intelligence. I'd hope Axel starts the final after this.

R'hllor

Why people hating on him, did he hurt your feelings or something. When he signed a new contract, not everyone were up in arms against Ole, Ed or who ever made that stupid decision, just like for Mata, Matic or Jones etc. At least he wants to leave and play, unlike some others who dont mind just sitting on the stands for whatever reason and leech wages.

Timing of it is a bit scuffed but guess he doesnt care about it, so he can feck off when it comes to that, about everything else, hoped he wouldn sign that contract on the first place.

RuudTom83

Just because United offered a contract he didn't need to accept it? unless it was a one year option (i'm not that interested in searching for the details tbh)

Eric should have demanded first team football, and when those assurances would obviously not be given, he can reject the contact and look else where.

He has reduced his chances of first team football by signing the new contract, as lots of clubs are skint and cant afford a transfer fee for a bang average defender on United wages.

Judas

Open to offers
Why people hating on him, did he hurt your feelings or something. When he signed a new contract, not everyone were up in arms against Ole, Ed or who ever made that stupid decision, just like for Mata, Matic or Jones etc. At least he wants to leave and play, unlike some others who dont mind just sitting on the stands for whatever reason and leech wages.

Timing of it is a bit scuffed but guess he doesnt care about it.
Aye true, most sensible people were though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would be happy to sell, hope he doesn't play tomorrow

ti vu

You better start looking for other solutions then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out sunshine, because that would rule you out until next year.
:lol:

Why did he even sign the contract then? Did our negotiators give false promises during negotiation? Nani, Rojo were in same boat with players want to get out, but somehow given a significant long contract. Then on other hand, we have Pereira, Jones getting rewarded for nothing.

gazbradley

I just don’t see who would pay decent money for him be lucky to get 10-15 mil, he could be useful to use in part exchange for a replacement I guess but his wages are gonna be an issue for anyone interested.
I don’t dislike Bailly and he’s been unfortunate with injuries but if he was so desperate to play regular why bother signing a new deal, he’s never gonna dislodge Maguire and it’s clear Ole prefers Lindelof and by all accounts wants another centre back. As others have said there’s a level of disrespect when things like this come out before a big game and I don’t see what he gains from saying it

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s a disaster waiting to happen - was hoping he wouldn’t play tomorrow.

Tuanzebe if Maggie can’t go.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Id blame the club. These players don't deserve new contracts. It almost seems like we don't want to lose anybody no matter how bad they are. I remember we were trying to extend Ashley Young contract before we sold him. Lukaku also said we wanted him to stay

Dan_F

The fact that it was only a three year contract spoke volumes. I still think of him as a young, raw defender, I had no idea he was actually 27 now. Varane is only a year older, if we can sign Varane for £20 million more than we can sign Bailly, it would be amazing business.

dove

:lol: Should have never got a new contract, good riddance if he finally leaves.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If only his brain worked as regularly as his mouth.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If these are fresh quotes, probably confirms Axel is rightfully starting the final.
Axel was head and shoulders above him in the final game against Wolves. If Ole is talking about in form players in the final few games, Bailly isn’t one of them.

RedDevil@84

You better start looking for other solutions then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out sunshine, because that would rule you out until next year.
Wait what? The guy should be grateful, we have idiots at the club who think he should have been given a contract.

Rocknrolla69er

Just another mercenary stealing a wage, we've signed plenty of them in the last 6/7 years. Thankfully Oles slowly weeding them out.

Tallis

Him signing the extension seemed off to me. I guess maybe we convinced him to sign so we could get some money for him in the window ? Possibly promised him a cut of the fee ?

If that is the case, then it’s the right thing for him to express desire to leave so potential clubs can come look for him. I have no issues with Bailly as long as he doesn’t play.

arthurka

:lol:

Why did he even sign the contract then? Did our negotiators give false promises during negotiation? Nani, Rojo were in same boat with players want to get out, but somehow given a significant long contract. Then on other hand, we have Pereira, Jones getting rewarded for nothing.
It´s better to have a solid income than having to be all over looking for a job.
His injury record is terrible and he would not cash in half of what Utd were willing.
Hope he goes to Roma and sits in the treatment room on their expense next season.

crossy1686

career ending
As others have said, he's been told he's not starting the final and Maguire is, that's what's caused this.

However, is he fecking stupid? If he didn't keep acting like a lunatic he wouldn't keep getting injured. How is the manager supposed to build a defence around a bloke who is hardly fit and when he is he's doing overhead kicks in his own box?

Can we just get rid of these types please?

marktan

Selling him for around £10m and giving Tuanzabe his place would be good business for us.

RedDevil@84

Why did he even sign the contract then
In the voice of the brilliant Donald Trump

"We (Ole and Bailly) had a conversation. The most beautiful conversation we ever had"

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The quotes aren't that bad. The mourinho stuff is basically irrelevant and he is just saying he wants to be starting. If we sign a new cb he might barely feature so it's understandable he's a bit miffed about it. For the club the new contract hopefully means we get a good fee and if not he will hopefully be professional enough to do his job when called upon.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The quotes aren't that bad. The mourinho stuff is basically irrelevant and he is just saying he wants to be starting. If we sign a new cb he might barely feature so it's understandable he's a bit miffed about it. For the club the new contract hopefully means we get a good fee and if not he will hopefully be professional enough to do his job when called upon.
Yes, he does say ‘if’ but it’s a stupid thing to come out with just before a final.
I’m not convinced that he’s been told anything re the starting line up. I would start Axel but I think Ole’s logic is to start an experienced CB partnership. Won’t be shocked in the slightest to
See him start

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yes, he does say ‘if’ but it’s a stupid thing to come out with just before a final.
I’m not convinced that he’s been told anything re the starting line up. I would start Axel but I think Ole’s logic is to start an experienced CB partnership. Won’t be shocked in the slightest to
See him start
I doubt it's his decision to release it now. For all we know the interview was conducted a week or two ago. I have only seen the quotes so if there is more information I could be wrong. Would be very much like the media to put out this type of stuff before a final to get maximum interest.

bdspeedy

By far the most physically gifted and bravest defender we've got. I wonder if we had better management, trainers and coaches, he'd have stayed more fit and would be making better decisions. The contrast in his speed, strength, testicular fortitude, etc,.... over Lindelof and Maguire is clear. I'm guessing that he'll do a lot better in an organization run by actual footballers. I hope we win tomorrow but top four and Thursday football isn't good enough. We'll never win the Premiership or the Champion's league with Victor, Harry, Scoobie and Fred. Glazer's out! Eddie out! We need to continue to work to drive our current cast of carnies, grifters and spoilers the feck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.