g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Eric Bailly | Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elastic Fish

Definitely an exciting amount of potential, but I just hope he doesn't use his pace and build as an excuse to switch off like Mangala. Hopefully a new mainstay of our backline.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Looks like a beast, hopefully he slots in quickly and is able to deal with being at the biggest club in the world. Not an easy thing to do. But I'm rooting for him! By the way, how is his surname pronounced?

mufcforever

Excellent coup ! I admit though i had barely had of this fella.

Seems we are back to Fergie era where 2 the CB's are tall, physically beasts with 1 being the quick guy and the other being a brute. Bailly seems both apparently and along with Smalling i can see this turn out to be an excellent partnership.

He also solves 1 more problem for us which is our Achilles heel for a while now. Height.

That height would have saved us from 2 free kicks of Payet in landing us the Champions League spot.

I feel sorry for Blind though, excellent player to have in the squad but it seems to me that his days would have been numbered with this move.

About the signing cost, as long as he gives 7-10 years to the club for a very high level i would not be flustered at all with it.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Welcome Eric :) Glad to see an early summer signing. Shame we don't get to see him in action at the euros.

We need an rvn

Bailly, Pogba and Ibra...the spine has well and truly been strengthened (if the latter two come off) and grown a few inches at the same time, although my wife tells me size doesn't matter :nervous:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Looks like a beast, hopefully he slots in quickly and is able to deal with being at the biggest club in the world. Not an easy thing to do. But I'm rooting for him! By the way, how is his surname pronounced?
Like you would pronounce double l in French, like meilleur.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Seems we are back to Fergie era where 2 the CB's are tall, physically beasts with 1 being the quick guy and the other being a brute. Bailly seems both apparently and along with Smalling i can see this turn out to be an excellent partnership.
How tall is he? Google says 1.87m (6ft1)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Haven't watched him play, but looks very impressive from the videos (to be honest, who doesn't?).

Hopefully he'll create a solid partnership with Smalling.

It was about time we started handing 6-year deals to promising players.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Didnt Fergie once say he had reservations about African players because of the ACN?

I might be making that up.
Doesn't the acn get played in closed season now?

justboy68

I've never seen him play but you can be damn sure I'll argue with anyone about every facet of his game in comparison to other defenders across the league. We've needed a good ball playing regista for years :drool:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
If he turns out to be shit is he a Woodward/Glazer signing or has Mourinho left that excuse at Chelsea?
You are relentless.

Even when we have bought under performing players,hardly anyone has attributed that to the Glazers or Woodward. It's all been up to the manager,and it will be Jose who this will be attributed to . United managers usually have that autonomy

Your Mourinho hate is just bordering on obsession now. You spend endless hours having digs at him. Can't be healthy. It's better to just ignore him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I've been talking with his dad Gary Bailey since he was born, urging him to get him to United. Lifelong dream fulfilled.

Welcome Bailly, you really are the cream

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Heyyyyyyyyy Bailly! OOH AAH! I want to knooooooow if you are comfortably playing both right back as well as centre back, and what your key strengths are, and if you think your game is suited to the Premiership... oh, and if you're any good.

bucky

Great. Hopefully not the only defender we'll sign this summer.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I notice a lot of guys shitting on my parade here. 99% of you didn't know he existed one week ago. Cnuts.

CallMeV

With the first signing of the summer being a CB I feel more confident about the future of this club already.

Welcome to Manchester United Eric Bailly.

G-manc

Going by Mourinho' comments he's more one for the future? Wouldn't surprise me to see him bring in someone with more experience now.
Jose is bringing in Ricardo Carvalho on a free to show him the ropes.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Followed him since he was a sperm cell.

BRILLIANT SIGNING :drool:

saivet

BBC, SKY, Guardian etc all reporting that the fee is £30m but of course some on here will go with €30m reported by the likes of Marca:rolleyes:
Like some have said, they both may be right. English press quoting the total fee, including add ons and the foreign press focussing on the initial fee.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Doesn't the acn get played in closed season now?
no still played in January time, personally give me reservations about signing african players too, losing a key player for a month every other January after a busy christmas period where players are generally knackered isn't ideal, especially when they normally come back even more tired.

but if he is the player we want we shouldn't let that put us off signing him

Welcome Eric :) Glad to see an early summer signing. Shame we don't get to see him in action at the euros.
not really means he will be available for pre season training ready to work with Jose from day one,:) and hopefully improve his passing a tad cos it needs a bit of work, he's a beast off the ball thou!

Last edited:

Iron Stove

Nice! Looks strong and quick from the clips. Great age as well.

Seems a bit rash, but at the same time we've really missed having someone like Vidic in the back line who has the opposition wondering if they're gonna get their teeth kicked in.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
we should sack whoever keeps putting shirts in front of him. you could see how he froze the first time and physically couldn't move his hand to sign the shirt, then they chuck two more at him and he hesitates before doing pretend writing then random scribble. made him look a right mug.

Status
Not open for further replies.