Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’d rather we didn’t bother.

Honestly would rather accept this season for what it is and just use Martial until the summer as back up.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I think it would be a move where he can only lose, apart from probably the financial side. He's still an established part in the current Bayern squad, and unless he's really really bored and has an appetite for punishment, trying to find a place in an already less than functional attack at 34 seems foolish.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Too old. Give me Werner over him any day
He's coming till the end of the season so age doesn't really matter.

Last season he scored 19 goals in 34 games between club and country which include goals against Barca and PSG. This year he became a reserve because a certain Harry Kane joined Bayern. Werner hasnt scored at that frequency since 2019-20

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Last season he scored 19 goals in 34 games between club and country which include goals against Barca and PSG. This year he became a reserve because a certain Harry Kane joined Bayern. Werner hasnt scored at that frequency since 2019-20
I could care less that Werner has scored less, the last two years. We have no business signing a guy that old. He wont be able to do ANY pressing. Yet we want back up for our starting cf who is an inncessant, high speed presser.

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

Ever get the feeling the lunatics have taken over the asylum (OT)?

Having not learned anything after desperately loaning in Weghorst & Sabitzer last year, the manager once again wants to loan in more dross out of desperation. You'd think he was working on a shoe string budget and not had £450m to spend. It's criminal how mismanaged we are

devilish

I could careless if Werner has scored less, the last two years. We have no business signing a guy that old. He wont be able to do ANY pressing. Yet we want back up for our starting cf who is an inncessant, high speed presser.
He's 34 mate. He's hardly ancient. Experience is needed considering that Hojlund is young and inexperienced. Choupa-Moting did it with Bayern, Werner had never done it at top club level

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Choupo was deemed good enough by PSG and Bayern but fans of United in its current state are expecting something better than him. :wenger:

padzilla

Hipster
It's a joke we are being linked to such dross. When was the last time a player we brought in on loan was anything but rubbish? Henrik Larsson?

Choupo was no doubt a decent player but we shouldn't be looking at players who can't cut it anymore elsewhere.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's a joke we are being linked to such dross. When was the last time a player we brought in on loan was anything but rubbish? Henrik Larsson?

Choupo was no doubt a decent player but we shouldn't be looking at players who can't cut it anymore elsewhere.
Not saying that he is United's saviour, but calling him "dross" is stupid:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eri...istungsdaten/spieler/45660/plus/0?saison=2022

He'd be totally fine as a signing for the rest of the season.

binary bot
Loans are the least of our worries. They’re a consequence, not a cause of our problems.

Loans will be a big tool in reshaping the mess of a squad

He's 34 mate. He's hardly ancient. Experience is needed considering that Hojlund is young and inexperienced. Choupa-Moting did it with Bayern, Werner had never done it at top club level
You are interested in the goals. I'm not. I want our forward to be capable of exactly what Rasmus offers physically and movement wise when he is out the side. Which Werner showed more than enough at Chelsea without the goals.

Besides the reason Rasmus and Martial have just two goals in the league isn't down to in experience nor ability. Just the utter selfishness most of our wide attackers suffer from, starving them of any decent service consistently

you get it wrong. Choupo STILL cuts it at Bayern. But they aren't a team that needs quick, pressing cfs as desperately as a United does.

Oldyella

I’d rather we didn’t bother.

Honestly would rather accept this season for what it is and just use Martial until the summer as back up.
Martial who seems to have disappeared around the time news we aren't renewing his contract broke?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You are interested in the goals. I'm not. I want our forward to be capable of exactly what Rasmus offers physically and movement wise when he is out the side. Which Werner showed more than enough at Chelsea without the goals.

Besides the reason Raamus and Martial have just two goals in the league isn't down to in experience nor ability. Just the utter selfishness most of our wide attackers suffer from, starving them of any decent service consistently
This just isn't true, our forward line have had chances, just not been ruthless enough.
Certainly our wide players could put the ball in quicker, but the forward line certainly gets service, they just aren't making the right runs at the right times.

Werner will press, but won't score goals, Moting will press when needed and should chip in a few more goals then Werner id imagine, based on previous form.

devilish

Besides the reason Rasmus and Martial have just two goals in the league isn't down to in experience nor ability. Just the utter selfishness most of our wide attackers suffer from, starving them of any decent service consistently
Goals is what missing mate. I don't want to turn this into an argument. After all we're both digging deep in the trash can here and choosing what seems to be best :) However Werner had always came across to me to be suited as a second striker. We don't utilize that role

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Martial who seems to have disappeared around the time news we aren't renewing his contract broke?
Yep. We’re not winning the league this year. CL qualification is possible and I’d rather we bring in the right footballing structure this window and then prep for the summer.

tomaldinho1

More that Werner offers something different. We have a slow team, we are so easy to defend against. Werner might have toaster toes but he is out and out rapid, defences will need to drop against him or have their keeper sit higher.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
More that Werner offers something different. We have a slow team, we are so easy to defend against. Werner might have toaster toes but he is out and out rapid, defences will need to drop against him or have their keeper sit higher.
Arent Hojlund/Rashford/Martial(RIP)/Antony all quite fast? We are missing a finisher IMO.

CR7 on loan would be perfect with an option to sign full time

no white text

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He is pretty old now
Still scored 17 goals last season though.
I'm struggling to think a better loan signing to help Hojlund. I get the frustration from our fans, but our predicament is such that we can't go beyond loans, so whoever we get in January we'll need to suck it up because it's not going to be inspiring.

tomaldinho1

Arent Hojlund/Rashford/Martial(RIP)/Antony all quite fast? We are missing a finisher IMO.

CR7 on loan would be perfect with an option to sign full time

no white text
Hojlund is fast when up to speed but he's too heavy/big for a footballer to really have that 5 meter acceleration that kills defenders. Antony is not fast no, not at all, if he was he'd probably be amazing but he will beat his man and then they will just catch him back up, Garnacho is I would say average speed for a wide forward although his dribble speed I think is much faster than average. Martial is a ghost. Rashford used to be rapid but he's just seems not bothered or slower this season. Probably a bit of both given his age and injuries.

Werner is like young Michael Owen speed/profile just without the ability.

Shark

@NotShark
Hang on, folk here are actually entertaining this one? Feck me this season is grim.

RedUnited86

Oh a 34 year old Stoke reject - can't wait :houllier:

If Ineos sign off on this shit then nothing is changing.

Rossa

It's incredible that we are looking to become a loane-club; I can recall us loaning Henrik Larsson, but that's about it. Isn't this a damning signal?

Heinzesight

It's incredible that we are looking to become a loane-club; I can recall us loaning Henrik Larsson, but that's about it. Isn't this a damning signal?
We got two Andy Goram’s on loan back in 2001. Prunier was another one, but I think they’re the only ones from Fergie’s tenure.

Lee565

The club and fans would be delusional to think wasting money on underwhelming stop gap strikers will help us in any way get ucl football all the time ten hag is here

devilish

We need goalscorers mate.

eire-red

Loan deals like this, Werner, Weghorts or whoever else we're looking at can work in some situations, like Larsson coming into a successful team to fill a purpose for a period of time.

The idea that Choupo-Moting, Werner or anyone else like that could come in and change our fortunes is really low, just like Weghorst.

I'd rather see EtH stick with Hojlund and try and cultivate an understanding between Hojlund, Garnacho and Rashford in attack for the second half of the season instead of slapping some short-term plaster so that we will finish 5th instead of 7th.

We're out of the CL and the Carabao, even a deep FA Cup run shouldn't be a drain on personnel with the players we have due back during January. Adding more mediocrity is not the answer.

This just isn't true, our forward line have had chances, just not been ruthless enough.
This is flat out wrong. Sorry. Our wide attackers are statistically creating at the worst rate in the league. Our lead striker has statistically received the lowest passes of ANY in the top 5 leagues.

Werner will press, but won't score goals, Moting will press when needed and should chip in a few more goals then Werner id imagine, based on previous form.
United don't need 'press when needed". We need press all the time under THIS coach. We also need our wide forwards to actually consistently create chances for our lead striker. So even though am a big fan of Choupo-Moting. He works at Bayern. He kills us at United. This is a move 2-3 years too late.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Still scored 17 goals last season though.
I'm struggling to think a better loan signing to help Hojlund. I get the frustration from our fans, but our predicament is such that we can't go beyond loans, so whoever we get in January we'll need to suck it up because it's not going to be inspiring.
You cannot loan him as his contract ends in June.