Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Loan deals like this, Werner, Weghorts or whoever else we're looking at can work in some situations, like Larsson coming into a successful team to fill a purpose for a period of time.

The idea that Choupo-Moting, Werner or anyone else like that could come in and change our fortunes is really low, just like Weghorst.

I'd rather see EtH stick with Hojlund and try and cultivate an understanding between Hojlund, Garnacho and Rashford in attack for the second half of the season instead of slapping some short-term plaster so that we will finish 5th instead of 7th.

We're out of the CL and the Carabao, even a deep FA Cup run shouldn't be a drain on personnel with the players we have due back during January. Adding more mediocrity is not the answer.
The addition of a forward is not to "change our fortunes". Its to reduce Rasmus workload with someone who won't make us significantly worse when he is out. Someone who can be relied to do so unlike Rashford and Martial

Hoof the ball

Citing Choupo's accomplishments scoring 17 for the equivalent of a whale in a children's pool like the Bundesliga.

Weghorst would have scored 17 for Bayern last season.

Goals is what missing mate. I don't want to turn this into an argument. After all we're both digging deep in the trash can here and choosing what seems to be best :) However Werner had always came across to me to be suited as a second striker. We don't utilize that role
Goals are missing because our wide forwards are utterly selfish and hardly chip in with enough themselves. Peak Kane would struggle to score with the service our lot has provided this season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This is flat out wrong. Sorry. Our wide attackers are statistically creating at the worst rate in the league. Our lead striker has statistically received the lowest passes of ANY in the top 5 leagues.

United don't need 'press when needed". We need press all the time under THIS coach. We also need our wide forwards to actually consistently create chances for our lead striker. So even though am a big fan of Choupo-Moting. He works at Bayern. He kills us at United. This is a move 2-3 years too late.
No team presses all the time, you have to pick and choose your moments, work on triggers, something Moting will be well drilled in at Bayern.

We have created chances this season, there's a reason our strikers don't get the ball, most of it is down to the strikers.not making the right runs at the right time.
The wide and creative players are not entirely absolved of blame and certainly the right side is an issue, but to blame the strikers not receiving the ball purely on the team isn't quite correct, when we have the leading chance creator in the league so far this season in Bruno,.who has played wide a fair few times this season.

eire-red

The addition of a forward is not to "change our fortunes". Its to reduce Rasmus workload with someone who won't make us significantly worse when he is out. Someone who can be relied to do so unlike Rashford and Martial
Unless we go deep into the FA Cup we're probably on about 1 game a week until the end of the season. If Hojlund gets injured, I'd rather see somebody from the academy get a crack than watch some sub-par loanee.

The club should save the money for the summer and build for the long term. Loaning Werner or Choupo-Moting for half a season is like trying to plug a hole in the boat with a wet paper bag.

Robbie Boy

Choupo was deemed good enough by PSG and Bayern but fans of United in its current state are expecting something better than him. :wenger:
25 league goals since joining PSG in 19/20 :drool:

The bloke must have an amazing agent. He looked absolutely shite at Stoke.

Unless we go deep into the FA Cup we're probably on about 1 game a week until the end of the season. If Hojlund gets injured, I'd rather see somebody from the academy get a crack than watch some sub-par loanee.
The point is we don't have ANYONE from the academy who can cut it right now. That's why even the most physically ready Hugill is set for a loan instead.

So give me a high speed version of Weghorst from last season, I bite your hands off.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Citing Choupo's accomplishments scoring 17 for the equivalent of a whale in a children's pool like the Bundesliga.

Weghorst would have scored 17 for Bayern last season.
He wouldn’t. He would have been laughed out of the squad after his first practice and would have never played a minute for us.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Retirement house welcomes. It's where football dies, and supporters witnessing another player, who's once solid abilites are decomposing on the pitch.

Absolute sadists running the club if true.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
25 league goals since joining PSG in 19/20 :drool:

The bloke must have an amazing agent. He looked absolutely shite at Stoke.
He played for Mainz under Tuchel, who brought him to PSG. There he was a good and reliable backup which lead to Bayern signing him. He has to thank Tuchel for this late career, not his agent.

Robbie Boy

He played for Mainz under Tuchel, who brought him to PSG. There he was a good and reliable backup which lead to Bayern signing him. He has to thank Tuchel for this late career, not his agent.
Whatever happened, he struck gold. He's atrocious.

eire-red

The point is we don't have ANYONE from the academy who can cut it right now. That's why even the most physically ready Hugill is set for a loan instead.

So give me a high speed version of Weghorst from last season, I bite your hands off.
Fair enough, we could just play Rashford up front instead then. Even in his worst season he still has more goals than Weghorst scored, and I don't think even in his current form he'd be far off Choupo-Moting or Werner for half a season.

I get your point, but I don't think adding another mediocre player into the mix is solving anything, just look at Amrabat. Another body in midfield, but yet we still look poor in midfield unless we play an 18 year old academy prospect.

We have created chances this season, there's a .....
mate we are 14th in key passes per 90 mins this season. The only player we have with an XGA from all our EPL gamea above 3 is Bruno Fernandes at 6.65. All our wide forwards are below 2.5. with Antony (in laughable firm the highest at 2.72. )

Antony has created 16 chances in 11 starts in 16 games
Rashford 15 chances in 15 starts in 19 games
Garnacho 18 chances in 12 starts in 18 games.

Yet statistically all 3 make the least passes to the starting cf in all the top 5 leagues.

That's bloody awful in terms of creativity

Yet of our two CFS Martial is literally bang on with his XG at one goal. With Rasmus under his by 2 goals. (3)

So its just not true our CFS just make wrong runs. Their supply is garbage for a top 10 side.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Because he's shite?
If that’s your assessment, so be it. I for one have seen almost every single minute he has played for us and rate him. Not as a world class player or generational talent, but as a good backup player with a good mentality who served the team, performed whenever called upon and didn’t create a fuss when he didn’t play. He’s a solid player who has helped us greatly during a difficult period.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
True, he was decent in the bundesliga. He was so much worse here than I expected.
He is decent again in Hoffenheim, 4 goals in 13 matches so far. Nothing special, but definitely better than at United.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He quite obviously isn't.
You do realize, there is an area between "world class" and "shite" don't you?
Let it be. After all, he watched him play for Stoke once or twice a few years ago. He has this all figured out. Unlike us, who have seen him regularly play for multiple years now, in three different competitions.

GoldanoGraham

Seriously…..is this gonna be the first Ineos impact….id rather have Weghorst back

TheRedHearted

We also need our wide forwards to actually consistently create chances for our lead striker. So even though am a big fan of Choupo-Moting. He works at Bayern. He kills us at United. This is a move 2-3 years too late.
if our wide forwards are goal scorers then wouldn’t we need a creative false nine like Firmino so we can feed the wide forwards?
garnacho does drive into the touch line and try to send balls in, Mouting will be there and looking to convert. Antony should be benched indefinitely with Amad getting a chance, or pellistri and those two can deliver to a CF.

new days ahead boys

Garnacho Hojland Amad

Bruno
Amrabat Mainoo

Shaw Martinez Varane Dalot​

Champ

mate we are 14th in key passes per 90 mins this season. The only player we have with an XGA from all our EPL gamea above 3 is Bruno Fernandes at 6.65. All our wide forwards are below 2.5. with Antony (in laughable firm the highest at 2.72. )

Antony has created 16 chances in 11 starts in 16 games
Rashford 15 chances in 15 starts in 19 games
Garnacho 18 chances in 12 starts in 18 games.

Yet statistically all 3 make the least passes to the starting cf in all the top 5 leagues.

That's bloody awful in terms of creativity

Yet of our two CFS Martial is literally bang on with his XG at one goal. With Rasmus under his by 2 goals. (3)

So its just not true our CFS just make wrong runs. Their supply is garbage for a top 10 side.
Yet we are 6th for big chances created....
6th for through balls,
7th for shots

And get this....4th for most crosses.

So the supply is there, just that supply ain't being taken, or the runs aren't being made.

padzilla

Hipster
This would be a ludicrous signing. A striker in his mid 30s who is a fringe player in a farmer's league is absolutely the kind of signing we should be avoiding. As if Weghorst wasn't bad enough, here we are again.

Yet we are 6th for big chances created....
6th for through balls,
7th for shots

And get this....4th for most crosses.

So the supply is there, just that supply ain't being taken, or the runs aren't being made.
I repeat. We have the lowest passes to our lead striker of ANY side in the top 5 leagues. Those big chances were are missing are not being missed by our center forwards. Neither are most of those crosses to them.

Champ

I repeat. We have the lowest passes to our lead striker of ANY side in the top 5 leagues. Those big chances were are missing are not being missed by our center forwards. Neither are most of those crosses to them.
I repeat. Why is the lead striker not getting passed too, could it be that he isn't making the runs he needs to?

Considering the other stats (through balls, chances created, crosses etc etc) there might be more of an element of truth to this then you'd care to admit.
But it's fine, each to their own.