Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting

Bertie Wooster

The first part of that is good, if true. We need to get away from buying older players from top teams after they've past their prime - we used to be the top teams offloading them down a level at that stage, now we're the ones taking them!

The second part is disappointing - again, if true. As we also need to get away from this recent thing of January loans, all of whom have so far added little and haven't been made permanent - probably for that reason.

Hopefully things will improve after this window, once INEOS transfer recruitment team is in place.

Last edited:

Vale

Choupo, Werner, the management has some ideas, but all that's needed are some good ideas.

mu4c_20le

Wouldn't mind this, as he might actually show Hojlund how to score goals.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That not necessarily the truth. Maybe Bayern doesn't want to pay the remainder of his contract.
Bayern would be happy to keep him for the rest of the season, after all he is still regularly playing and apparently happy to be a member of the squad. They just have no reason to send him away except they get a resaonable offer for him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Bayern would be happy to keep him for the rest of the season, after all he is still regularly playing and apparently happy to be a member of the squad. They just have no reason to send him away except they get a resaonable offer for him.
In that case then he's not an option.

Devil81

I've heard various accounts on him from people in the game. That Stoke spell really shouldn't be used as a guide to his ability.

He's a decent player, he holds the ball up and he can finish. On a loan he wouldn't be a disaster in my opinion as long as he's playing second fiddle to Hojlund.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I've heard various accounts on him from people in the game. That Stoke spell really shouldn't be used as a guide to his ability.

He's a decent player, he holds the ball up and he can finish. On a loan he wouldn't be a disaster in my opinion as long as he's playing second fiddle to Hojlund.
Again, he can't be signed on a loan deal as his contract ends in the summer and the German rules don't allow this. Either sign him completely or don't, a loan is not an option (he would have to extend his Bayern contract first before they could send him on loan)

Oranges038

He averages about 6 goals a season. He's barely a 1 in 4 player. He scored 17 goals for Bayern last season, Harry Kane has scored more already this season. We all know how many Lewa was banging in for them. That just tells you how far off he really is.

Before those 17 goals his previous best was 11, he's only hit double figures 3 or 4 times his whole career. Even at PSG he only scored 9 goals in about 50 games.

He's not a good goalscorer, he's nowhere near good enough, even on a free.