Erik ten Hag - Ajax Manager

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What happened with Ajax defence? I remember at some point they had like 4 goals conceded in 20+ games, now they seem to concede and go behind in every game.
Their luck ran out.

Macca7

Actually they will not. They will initially try to buy into the new manager, but then they will lose a game and relapse...and then you will hear how the players never really liked the new manager...and how they want poch or whoever. This is how it has always been. Ole came in and the same thing happened. Mourinho came in and the same thing happened.etc

The honest truth is the only real solution is to get rid of a big number of these players. Maguire, rashford, wan bissaka are bench players at best if you wish to compete for the title. Somehow we have them in our starting eleven. The saddest thing is, we keep doing this same shit over and over again. For the longest time we knew that smalling and phil jones would never lead us to a title...but we kept trying over and over again. We were too scared to be ruthless. To this day, Phil Jones is still a manutd player and there are people who believe he can still turn it around.

On the other hand our competition is ruthless. Pep and klopp are ruthless...if a player isnt the right fit, they sold them quick. Even salah is dispensable at Liverpool..so is mane. At mancity, the got rid of aguero and fernandinho is next. At manutd, we keep hoarding them. This is why mata, matic, phil jones, cavani, pereira etc are still here. This is why we will fight to keep failures like rashford, lingard and martial. We are not ruthless and allow players to build their brands at the expense of the club.

Meanwhile any serious top young talent like touchameni or Bellingham will look at us and rightly steer clear. We have an entitled group of players who keep thinking the coach is the problem and they are the answer but they are not willing to put the work in. They want to be coached their way or nothing. We will not compete until the day we decide to be ruthless.

The only problem I can lay squarely at ralfs feet is he keeps selecting these same players even after they have been found to be useless. At this stage, van gaal would have switched to playing kids from the Academy. You would rather finish 8th by playing kids rather than finishing 6th with players who we know don't want to be here
This x1000. Absolutely nailed it.
Actually they will not. They will initially try to buy into the new manager, but then they will lose a game and relapse...and then you will hear how the players never really liked the new manager...and how they want poch or whoever. This is how it has always been. Ole came in and the same thing happened. Mourinho came in and the same thing happened.etc

The honest truth is the only real solution is to get rid of a big number of these players. Maguire, rashford, wan bissaka are bench players at best if you wish to compete for the title. Somehow we have them in our starting eleven. The saddest thing is, we keep doing this same shit over and over again. For the longest time we knew that smalling and phil jones would never lead us to a title...but we kept trying over and over again. We were too scared to be ruthless. To this day, Phil Jones is still a manutd player and there are people who believe he can still turn it around.

On the other hand our competition is ruthless. Pep and klopp are ruthless...if a player isnt the right fit, they sold them quick. Even salah is dispensable at Liverpool..so is mane. At mancity, the got rid of aguero and fernandinho is next. At manutd, we keep hoarding them. This is why mata, matic, phil jones, cavani, pereira etc are still here. This is why we will fight to keep failures like rashford, lingard and martial. We are not ruthless and allow players to build their brands at the expense of the club.

Meanwhile any serious top young talent like touchameni or Bellingham will look at us and rightly steer clear. We have an entitled group of players who keep thinking the coach is the problem and they are the answer but they are not willing to put the work in. They want to be coached their way or nothing. We will not compete until the day we decide to be ruthless.

The only problem I can lay squarely at ralfs feet is he keeps selecting these same players even after they have been found to be useless. At this stage, van gaal would have switched to playing kids from the Academy. You would rather finish 8th by playing kids rather than finishing 6th with players who we know don't want to be here

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Now they get a penalty for a ball hitting the chest/armpit. He has the Fergie factor with the refs :drool:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Watching the work rate of his Ajax team compared to our clowns is pretty depressing.
Now that he's clearly our no. 1 target I'd say it's pretty refreshing actually. Means there will be major improvements already next season.

Blood Mage

I wonder if he really believes that he can get a tune out of our players. I think Pep and Klopp would struggle. If the board/Glazers don't let him buy at least 5 players and sell at least 4 then it's a massive uphill struggle from the start.

city-puma

So we were title contenders under Mourinho and Solskjaer?
Thats where we want to get to and these players will not get us there.
They failed, no doubt about it. But, we are talking about Ralf here. With the right manager, we won’t be playing so badly with this squad. You can definitely disagree. It’s your opinion.

L1nk

I honestly think it would be in their best interest to announce it, if its going to happen, get it out of the way so you can say, right, its happening, lets move on and talk about it once the seasons over. Having it hanging over his head like this is going to constantly drive speculation and get in the way imo

ForeverRed1

I honestly think it would be in their best interest to announce it, if its going to happen, get it out of the way so you can say, right, its happening, lets move on and talk about it once the seasons over. Having it hanging over his head like this is going to constantly drive speculation and get in the way imo
I agree. It will help the players aswell. Players like certainty and to know what’s happening. It’s possible they are working on their next manager aswell though. Plus it probably isn’t finalised yet.

ForeverRed1

Ajax have looked nervous against Sparta Rotterdam today to be honest.
they’re at that squeeky bum time of the season though, it’s bound to be grinding out wins and nervy. It’s probably not helping having all the speculation around him also. Plus half there players are being poached.

432JuanMata

they’re at that squeeky bum time of the season though, it’s bound to be grinding out wins and nervy. It’s probably not helping having all the speculation around him also. Plus half there players are being poached.
This is it they have 85 goals with 15 conceded in 29 games so I wouldn’t worry about matches like this as they are the ones that win you the title not 6-0 wins

AshRK

The big reason I prefer him over poch is his side likes to dominate the ball and no park the bus bs.

United in sin

Indeed. Ajax have banned English media from post match pressers apparently

ForeverRed1

This is it they have 85 goals with 15 conceded in 29 games so I wouldn’t worry about matches like this as they are the ones that win you the title not 6-0 wins
exactly. And regarding your above post, a mammoth job is a understatement... but I’m sure he is relishing it. The only way is up, right?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Indeed. Ajax have banned English media from post match pressers apparently
He was asked about it three times before the game on the tv interview and was pretty abrupt saying I won’t answer anything not about tonight’s game. They still kept asked him though! Totally think it’s best for them that it just is announced and everyone can draw a line under it.

432JuanMata

exactly. And regarding your above post, a mammoth job is a understatement... but I’m sure he is relishing it. The only way is up, right?
We’ll yeah the only way is up but we are expected to be eventually be challenging for the title and it will take a huge job to do that.

But yeah ETH has the chance to be the one to fix United and if he fails it be looked at as the club(board etc) so it is a free swing. It’s like Xavi at Barca he took over when they were broke and 9th now their 2nd so it was a free swing for me

432JuanMata

He was asked about it three times before the game on the tv interview and was pretty abrupt saying I won’t answer anything not about tonight’s game. They still kept asked him though! Totally think it’s best for them that it just is announced and everyone can draw a line under it.
He is going for the title and obviously can’t say anything about us so I don’t know why they ask. Banning them is the right decision

Mickeza

still gets no respect
He is going for the title and obviously can’t say anything about us so I don’t know why they ask. Banning them is the right decision
This was the Dutch media. Unfortunately unless something is announced either way this keeps going on for a month hence why when done makes no sense not announcing. Still the attention will be good experience for him in terms of the media shitstorm that is Manchester United.

ForeverRed1

We’ll yeah the only way is up but we are expected to be eventually be challenging for the title and it will take a huge job to do that.

But yeah ETH has the chance to be the one to fix United and if he fails it be looked at as the club(board etc) so it is a free swing. It’s like Xavi at Barca he took over when they were broke and 9th now their 2nd so it was a free swing for me
Yeah. Your right, and if he is the guy that brings us relative success, he has legendary status at the club. We want to be competitive again so bad that the manager who comes in and is the change has god like status. Same with the players.

432JuanMata

Yeah. Your right, and if he is the guy that brings us relative success, he has legendary status at the club. We want to be competitive again so bad that the manager who comes in and is the change has god like status. Same with the players.
That’s why we are still so attractive even now. He will walk in with no CL and with the challenge of getting us back to being elite but the benefits to taking over is we have money and if he can bring back success he will be seen as a god.

Look at Klopp at Liverpool he is a god as he did what we hope ETH did. Still a huge challenge for anyone

Roboc7

In a way it’s not a bad thing for him if we continue this terrible form (which seems inevitable). Would mean a lower bar for improvement and potentially buy him some more time which he is going to need quite a lot of.

432JuanMata

This was the Dutch media. Unfortunately unless something is announced either way this keeps going on for a month hence why when done makes no sense not announcing. Still the attention will be good experience for him in terms of the media shitstorm that is Manchester United.
Agree about the experience part as at Ajax he might be doing great with the players, tactics and style but the criticism is nothing like he will get here. Especially if we start slow as the English media will slaughter him

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agree about the experience part as at Ajax he might be doing great with the players, tactics and style but the criticism is nothing like he will get here. Especially if we start slow as the English media will slaughter him
I'm always surprised by these comments, English media is fairly soft. Posters often refer to it as if it was something special.

AshRK

Poch side dominate the ball more and is only behind pep in passing statistics. So I m guessing you prefer poch if that is the reason.
I haven't seen Poch's side dominate possession against top sides consistently. When he was in PL, his spurs side used to hardly dominate big sides but instead got dominated consistently by other top 4 or top 6 sides.

Also the football his side play especially since 2018 has been underwhelming. Would rather risk with ETH and give him the backing. Poch will be a meh choice

432JuanMata

I'm always surprised by these comments, English media is fairly soft. Posters often refer to it as if it was something special.
The English media is fairly soft when it’s their mates like Lampard, Ole and all but they can be quite harsh on foreign managers etc.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I haven't seen Poch's side dominate possession against top sides consistently. When he was in PL, his spurs side used to hardly dominate big sides but instead got dominated consistently by other top 4 or top 6 sides.

Also the football his side play especially since 2018 has been underwhelming. Would rather risk with ETH and give him the backing. Poch will be a meh choice
Then you only know about poch, what the haters on here tells you. His side plays attractive football and as mentioned only pep has more passing than him this season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
The English media is fairly soft when it’s their mates like Lampard, Ole and all but they can be quite harsh on foreign managers etc.
The English media were not soft on Ole ffs. Is this a piss take? He was belittled at every turn. Gary Neville not openly calling for him to be sacked after leading us to 3rd then 2nd isn’t the English media.

AshRK

Then you only know about poch, what the haters on here tells you. His side plays attractive football and as mentioned only pep has more passing than him this season.
I don't find that and have seen Poch's side a lot. His 2015 to 2018 side was really good and played some amazing stuff, his best with spurs but since then a better side on most occasions outplayed his side.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They are soft with everyone in comparison to what you can see on the continent. Also the way they share their opinion is soft, english media isn't particularly confrontational which is not necessarily the case on the continent. Think about it this way, media on the continent are as direct as fans are.

Silverman

They failed, no doubt about it. But, we are talking about Ralf here. With the right manager, we won’t be playing so badly with this squad. You can definitely disagree. It’s your opinion.
But you've changed from agreeing with someone that said "There is nothing wrong with this set of players" to "With the right manager, won't be playing so badly".
We're not playing well but imo that's because Rangnick has put across some hard truths to the squad and they have downed tools.
Their effort levels are abysmal.
To say there is nothing wrong with this squad or to agree with that statement is just bizarre imo.

L1nk

It is going to be one hell of a tedious month for him :lol:
That’s why they should just announce it if its done this week for example, then say he’ll talk about it after the cup final and the league

BlueHaze

The Glazers will throw this guy under the bus and make him look like an incompetent fool. If there had been a big positive change to our structure above the manager I would have a different opinion but I think if he comes we'll have the same debates in 2 years time. I think under the right structure ETH has it in him to become a success.

If he went to City for example to replace Pep I think he'd win things fairly quick. Can we offer him the same chances to succeed? Based on what I've seen since SAF left I think the answer is a convincing no but I hope I am wrong.