Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valencia Shin Crosses

Is it really? I agree he has not been great, but neither has he been terrible. The problem so far with Mount is that Bruno so dominates the ball (which is not necessarily a bad thing) that there's little space for Mount to impose himself on the opponent.
I think he’s been pretty average but we paid 60m for a player that can’t get a start against anything other than cup fodder. That’s a D for me even if the player hasn’t been horrific

mu4c_20le

Yes I used to think that he might make a difference after Woodward, but there is very little change. Maybe on the womens side, but certainly not the mens squad.
Fixed for you. His biggest achievemnt is setting up the womens taem.

crossy1686

career ending
But you could argue that many clubs would have sacked Arteta a couple of seasons ago when their own fans wanted him gone after finishing 8th twice and 5th. They stuck with him and are a much better team for it. Plus we’ve gone through the stage of sacking managers very quickly. About time we showed a little faith and see where we are next year which will be his 3rd season.
They stuck with him for a whopping 2nd place finish and Havertz/Rice. This would be valid if they actually won something meaningful or were playing amazing football.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
They stuck with him for a whopping 2nd place finish and Havertz/Rice. This would be valid if they actually won something meaningful or were playing amazing football.
Are they not playing decent football? They’ve got an actual style of play no?

el3mel

This might be the first game in the season that I felt we're comfortable and controlling the game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Very good game this, hope he doesn’t move away from this setup, in particular Garnacho on the left.

Smithy89

He better fecking explode after this. I'm sick of him passively accepting refs fecking us.
We've fecked ourselves, 10 men should make it hard for the opposition to play against, but the players and manager are mentally and tactically fragile and we just make it way too easy.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The sacking is coming. Just a matter of time.

Chumpsbechumps

He better fecking explode after this. I'm sick of him passively accepting refs fecking us.
Yep, I hope he goes on a mad one and finally puts the idiot VAR sh*theads in their place.

They have been absolutely f**king is all season. Amazing the way they seem to get every little subjective decision against us. Oh but they didn’t give wolves a peno so we are fair game

Whatever people think of ETH if he had no luck , it’s the only luck he’s had. I’m raging at the cheating going on against us

evil_geko

Anyone saying anything bad for Erik in this game where only VAR fecked is a joke.

Also sacking him when you saw what happened in this game would also be beyond idiotic.

L1nk

He needs to kick up a fuss about this, we were actually playing well for a change and cruising and the referee has completely changed the game

Rightnr

Because we got screwed over?
Because our best CB has been frozen out, clearly is pissed off and out of sorts.

Don't even let me start on starting Rashford, the scrub Antony, the clown Mount and I am running out of insults for Amrabat

DJ_21

Absolutely. Klopp does it all the time and then they get decisions and teams against them don’t.

Thom Merrilin

He must be so annoyed. We were playing pretty good stuff until VAR intervened. We really need to win this game so it'll be interesting to see how we setup second half.

AgentSmith

Because our best CB has been frozen out, clearly is pissed off and out of sorts.

Don't even let me start on starting Rashford, the scrub Antony, the clown Mount and I am running out of insults for Amrabat
There's bias and then there's this.

DJ_21

I agree with that but without Varane we was winning comfortably. So that’s irrelevant. Who els was gonna start on the right? Amrabat as been hit and miss this season

Devil81

The red has fecked him here but we should be better at defending then we have been.

Most teams with 10 tighten up and are hard to break down, we fold within 7 minutes.

I said to the lads in work, he shouldn't be judged on Fulham, Copenhagen and Luton, he's expected to beat these teams. I was looking beyond these teams. That said what happens in this half is huge, does he just give up and defend to not lose or does he try and win. We need a win and that's the United way, we are basically out of Europe with draw in my opinion.

flameinthesun

I gotta say, he's had one of the unluckiest starts to a season I've ever seen. Not seen a manager face as much diversity as he has had to face in his short time at united.

Woodenlung

I don't know if Ten Hag could have made a change after the Rashford red card, but we definitely looked disorganised and poor out of possession after going down to 10 players.

Not much he could do with that decision and the penalty. Feel sorry for him.

Rightnr

I agree with that but without Varane we was winning comfortably. So that’s irrelevant. Who els was gonna start on the right? Amrabat as been hit and miss this season
We play a pressing style which basically dies when we're a man down and this team is full of mentally weak clowns who cannot handle it.

As for Varane, there is no way in hell he should not be playing when he was one of the few guys playing well at the start of the season.

My speculation would be that EtH has said to him he wants to have a 'stable' CB partnership and due Varane's injuries, that he's not in the conversation. Even that is dumb but anything else and this guy deserves to be sacked.

RORY65

I gotta say, he's had one of the unluckiest starts to a season I've ever seen. Not seen a manager face as much diversity as he has had to face in his short time at united.
The woke brigade got it in for him?

We actually played well for once for the first half hour, admittedly against a team whose entire wage bill probably doesn't exceed Sancho's, but it's been a problem going back several managers that one piece of bad luck (particularly a red card) means we go to shit unlike other teams who seem better set up to deal with such issues.

Shark

@NotShark
He should be calling out these scandalous decisions after this game, I would be absolutely fuming in his shoes right now, with everything that's gone on in the PL too.

reddevilchennai

Then he needs to come and wind up the governing bodies about incorrect VAR decisions. He is a soft guy and never fights back both on and off the pitch.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rashford’s ability to let down every single manager time after time really is spectacular.

Malone_Post

Did absolutely nothing once we went down to 10. Just sat there and watched us lose all control and become completely overrun.

He’s had some bad luck, but that is awful management. It was obvious within minutes of the red card that we needed another body in midfield. He just doesn’t react quickly enough and waits until it’s too late.

Irwin99

He’s not above criticism but come on, his luck with injuries and freak VAR incidents is wretched.

Probably our most comfortable 40 mins of the season and now we’ll probably lose this unless the ref evens it out.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Defence looked jittery once Varane came on.

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that we fell apart with 10 though. We always do.