Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Are some people genuinely saying he should be removed as manager?
I've lost patience but I'm not saying he needs to go, the two aren't the same thing. He has had time, he has had almost half a billion quid, it needs to be better than what is on the pitch since March.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve had my doubts for a long time, nearly from the beginning. Not even doubts, but I’ve always been balanced and been wary of just wholesale unadulterated praise. Just calling out the things that don’t make sense for what they are, and not over complicating it by affording unearned ‘credit’ and given credit for things hoped for rather than things seen.

If we look at what is front of us, he has yet to make us look like a dangerous attacking unit, and we won’t be so long as we have Antony in the front 3. He has no idea whatsoever how to construct a proper midfield. This version has no physicality or positional qualities. And they don’t even have top technical ability to handle the ball well, which is usually the trade off when you go for smaller, weaker midfielders. He has bought players that do not make sense. I’m not a believer at all.

Gaidal

Wont last until christmas, and it wont be sad he goes unfortunately. Poor morals, poor transfers and poor tactics.

izec

Another loss to a big 6 team away and zero goals scored. Worst thing is, we look clueless. Second half was brutal.

edgecutter

The result today is on the manager.

Should have played Rashford out wide and Sancho false 9.
Doubt it would have changed much. Probably better to have an unfit martial upfront.

That midfield is just pants and selling Fred for peanuts also makes no sense when we don't even get a replacement

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
We should have scored 3 goals and should have had 2 penalties.

Dodgy goals by spurs.

Massively let down by Bruno, Martinez, Rashford, Garnacho, Mount..

Hardly anything to blame on ETH.

A bunch of players need to take hard look at themselves.

TsuWave

The amount we’ve spent this summer and we look weaker and less fit than last season

M Bison

Supports
York City
He’ll be gone by Christmas, hopefully. I’ve never been a fan, never got the hype and he has done little to change my mind. Today he’s been shown up by someone who has been in the job for a few months and has lost his star man. Pathetic.
Who are you replacing him with?

PSV

If Hojlund doesn't start strong he'll be gone by Christmas. We look absolute shambles.

erikcred

To be fair, his reputation of ‘being as good as we thought’ was mostly his Ajax team destroying Real in a pretty bad Real season. The vast majority of us didn’t watch much, if any, of Ajax.

There was nothing to suggest from last season that he is that good.
I don't know man. They were a kick away from the CL final that season. Plus last year he achieved what was asked. It's just that this season has been such a head scratcher. What's even the plan?

Pscholes18

He needs a DoF ASAP.....he has made mistakes but I'm not writing him off yet....it's the players.....they are just daft and wasteful and dollars to doughnuts they ignore what he tells them to do on the pitch especially once the chips are down.

reelworld

Paid the price for missing chances in the first half.
Also that press in the first half went missing in the second half. I don't know whether lack of stamina, but I find it concerning that if ten Hag wants United to press high, then he should already prepare the team to have high stamina after 1 season

Geistman

As I said last week it is becoming very concerning.
In the 13 months he's here I've only enjoyed a few games under ETH. We still seem a bit rudderless. We're definitely more solid under ETH but where's the "best transitional team" we we're promised.
But look in fairness, ETH has not had a chance to work with a striker of his choice so he has a lot riding on Rasmus being a success because to be perfectly honest we are so poor to watch, and my God how has he not dropped Antony, I lost count of the amount of times he lost the ball.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Are some people genuinely saying he should be removed as manager?
Yes.
12 months in the job and not one away win against anybody decent in the league. A fortune wasted on the likes of Antony. No playing style. A huge struggle to score goals.

bigeyedfish21

Probably a very unpopular opinion, but I see very little difference between Ole ball and Ten hag ball.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I’ve had my doubts for a long time, nearly from the beginning. Not even doubts, but I’ve always been balanced and been wary of just wholesale unadulterated praise. Just calling out the things that don’t make sense for what they are, and not over complicating it by affording unearned ‘credit’ and given credit for things hoped for rather than things seen.

If we look at what is front of us, he has yet to make us look like a dangerous attacking unit, and we won’t be so long as we have Antony in the front 3. He has no idea whatsoever how to construct a proper midfield. This version has no physicality or positional qualities. And they don’t even have top technical ability to handle the ball well, which is usually the trade off when you go for smaller, weaker midfielders. He has bought players that do not make sense. I’m not a believer at all.
Same, nothing has changed for the better. It's gotten worse.

Anduin

We will never amount to anything more ever again than also-rans without having a proper structure in place. Ajax supporters warned us that ETH is stubborn and terrible in the transfer market, and that he needs a structure behind him to concentrate on on-pitch development. Well guess what, I can see why. If he keeps playing Antony and leaves Casemiro without support he’ll be getting sacked after this season.
Does my head in why experienced managers just overcomplicate something as simple as football, please keep playing your players in their best positions.

padzilla

Hipster
We have been crap since the league Cup final. Not sure why we spent so much on Mount when there's a clear need for midfielders who can play deeper. It's hard to see how we are better off than under Ole right now.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Doubt it would have changed much. Probably better to have an unfit martial upfront.

That midfield is just pants and selling Fred for peanuts also makes no sense when we don't even get a replacement
The replacement is Fred who at this stage looks better than Mount

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

Agreed. We lack so much right now to challenge anyone. Top 4 this year will be a job well done as far as I’m concerned cause a lot of teams look better than us and a lot more prepared.

flappyjay

If we're entering the season not fit and ready then it's his fault for not preparing the team properly during the pre season, especially when other teams aren't struggling like us.

But of course, to assess this you actually need to stop thinking of United manager as God first.
Two games against two teams with new managers and both times outplayed. His new plan has us worse in possession than with Ole. The last 2 games we have been losing the ball trying to start quick attacks. It's disheartening for me that our use of the ball hasn't got better.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yes.
12 months in the job and not one away win against anybody decent in the league. A fortune wasted on the likes of Antony. No playing style. A huge struggle to score goals.
And a trophy and a top three finish....but let's forget about them.

Abraxas

That wasn't an acceptable second half performance.

He's got some major structural deficiencies to resolve. The worrying thing being they revolve around a signing he made, and the whole logic for it seems off.

I'm not hitting the panic button, we are two games in but the performance levels are not good enough. We're not running hard enough from the front, we have two number tens that contribute nothing in defense, the passing is sloppy and uncontrolled. There is a lot to wade through on the training ground. A heck of a lot.

Hojlund can't come in soon enough either. Rashford up front does not work. He can't control the ball.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Are we seriously better off than we were under Ole? End of last season, pre-season, beginning of this season - not so much the results, but the performances have been just dire. I did think it was time for Ole to go, but we had the most Fergie like times under him. There's either a curse on the club or it's the sheer toxicity of the Glazers - why is it that manager after manager, and player after player, come to us with a decent reputation and never live up to it?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Even Ange has his team playing in the manner he wants, yet ETH still hasn’t learnt how to set up away from home, can’t get a style of play out the team and majority of his signings look shite.

Everything seems improvised. It’s literally Ole but bald

MonkeysMagic

At this rate, I'm coming round to the idea that no matter which players we have or which manager, Utd will continue to stink the PL with a brand of football more suited to the lower leagues.

I just don't know what the answer is I've just given up hope!