Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He lied enough and deflected enough about Sancho last season
Club should have just sold him last summer in my honest opinion. But that didn't happen so here we are. Keep deflecting. Don't create unnecessary drama.

Utuhu

I stand with ETH fully. We have pampered these overpaid big babies for long.

the_cliff

Whatever way you look at things, this is terrible man-management from EtH. Really poor.
What do you want him to do ?

Give him another 3 month break in Holland with full pay ?

This is it for Sancho. ETH has been helpful enough, if he's still not performing he needs to go, simple as.

No other big club in world football would've done for Sancho what ETH did for him last year, ETH is still not happy with his performances in training as Dortmund weren't as Southgate wasn't but you think ETH is the problem here ?

If Sancho had as much fight in games as in his press release he'd be a better player.

Woodzy

I was always surprised that Sancho was desperate to join us specifically despite being so highly rated and us being shite, and also facing no competition for his signature.

Sancho and his weak mentality was sold on joining up with his mates at adult Disneyland. Both the club and player were a match made in heaven and like always we are still paying the price for such stupid decisions made over the last decade,

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The spin on ETH’s handling of Ronaldo is wild. Ronaldo walked all over him and was rewarding with the captain’s armband and 90 minutes after 90 minutes, until Ronaldo finally burned all the bridges down with THAT interview.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Club should have just sold him last summer in my honest opinion. But that didn't happen so here we are. Keep deflecting. Don't create unnecessary drama.
Wouldn’t have been drama if the player didn’t post a statement.

Doracle

And if he said Sancho was ill or had a knock you think JS wouldn’t have gone on social media to tell everyone that’s not true? Same end result.
ETH should agree how to deal with it with the player first. I’m not generally keen on managers lying but, even if he’s in privately torn into Sancho for his attitude in training, it would be preferable if he’d agreed that they would say he had a minor knock. Sancho is obviously going to be less unhappy about that. As it is, we are left with the impression (from Sancho’s post) ETH has lied anyway and there’s another reason for his omission.

Ludens the Red

Good calling him out. Eth bent over backwards for him last season. He’s looked shite and uninterested in his cameos this season so I can imagine it’s the same in training.

gaffs

Listening to Vibe with Five. Ste Howson alludes to the reason why Sancho was sent to Holland last year, but didn't say.

Anyone know what the rumor is/was ?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He very clearly tried handling Sancho with kid gloves last season. If he's making public statements like this now it just says to me that he's had enough, and fair enough. Sancho's reaction is the issue, not ETH answering a question.
Yep. He protected the feck out of him last year and is not being shown the requisite effort in return. Still this continues to be a club that harbours bluffers and cry babies for players and the fans let them off time and time again.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
You have to reach a level every day at Manchester United and we can make choices. So for this game he [Sancho] wasn't selected'

Considering he spent the best part of 4 months dodging Sancho questions last season it’s a little startling that you struggle to see the difference here. EtH has shown an ability to dodge these questions, the fact he chose not to today wasn’t coincidence.

He was sodding asked where he was.’. See you in the next pre-match thread when he chooses not to tell us when Player X is

Is what EtH did earth shattering? No but neither your post, take your moaning elsewhere.
When has that ever happened? It hasn’t. You’re the one moaning and making things up to bash the manager. He didn’t name drop him. He was asked about Mctominay and Sancho and he answered.

Cassidy

The spin on ETH’s handling of Ronaldo is wild. Ronaldo walked all over him and was rewarding with the captain’s armband and 90 minutes after 90 minutes, until Ronaldo finally burned all the bridges down with THAT interview.
He was benched plenty so he hardly walked all over him.

Denis79

I just don’t know what else he could say?
"Player selection for each match is a complex decision that takes into account factors like form, fitness bla bla."

"The coaching staff made the decision based on tactical considerations and the specific game plan for this match."

That took me 10 seconds to make up and both sound better than what ETH said. I think he is telling the truth about him not giving his all in training and wants to make an example of him.

A bit Mourinho-esque but I still trust that he knows what he's doing. That said things like these can backfire.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superunknown

I've seen enough interviews by now to know that managers can get away with repeating their answer. This isn't some 60 Minutes investigation, these football journos will move on to the next question eventually.
I'm of the opinion that this will reap some benefits. Either Sancho will now be determined to try and prove the manager wrong, or he'll want out. Either suits me.

Yanited__

People retweeting on Twitter/X previous journalist reports questioning his training form and professionalism. David Ornstein article from 2019 out there about how he felt 'scapegoated' by Dortmund for public comments after a defeat to Bayern in 2019. Similar to his statement today where he somehow feels scapegoated.

Obviously, we don't know the full story but it is not a good sign when there has been reports of similar issues in the past. Has any manager actually called him out for it though other than Ten Hag?

GoldanoGraham

By going public with his response, Sancho has now made life very difficult for himself.

Maybe he has forgotten that he is only one of a few players at Carrington next week as most of the other firstteam squad are off on international duty.

Plenty of time to impress ETH in training next week with the U18’s.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
So you mean too say EtH acted about as well as he could and was as decent to Ronaldo as possible until he threw his toys out of the pram and got his contract terminated?

He quite deliberately gave him enough rope to hang himself with.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
By going public with his response, Sancho has now made life very difficult for himself.

Maybe he has forgotten that he is only one of a few players at Carrington next week as most of the other firstteam squad are off on international duty.

Plenty of time to impress ETH in training next week with the U18’s.
Not fair on the U18s.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
"Player selection for each match is a complex decision that takes into account factors like form, fitness bla bla."

"The coaching staff made the decision based on tactical considerations and the specific game plan for this match."

That took me 10 seconds to make up and both sound better than what ETH said. I think he is telling the truth about him not giving his all in training and wants to make an example of him.

A bit Mourinho-esque but I still trust that he knows what he's doing. That said things like these can backfire.
Feck me. Another one. Where are you getting this idea from that he said Sancho isn’t trying in training?

gaffs

This is it for Sancho. ETH has been helpful enough, if he's still not performing he needs to go, simple as.

No other big club in world football would've done for Sancho what ETH did for him last year, ETH is still not happy with his performances in training as Dortmund weren't as Southgate wasn't but you think ETH is the problem here ?

If Sancho had as much fight in games as in his press release he'd be a better player.
What good will come from airing this out though?

Like it or now, Sancho is on 350k a week. No club would take that on, so we are stuck with him. Telling the world that he is not training well cant help.

paulscholes18

Come on, now...until today our other options to play up top in place of Martial were [empty space here]

We have a surplus of wide players, so there's absolutely no reason to allow Sancho to get away with causing distractions like this. He has underperformed from the start, he's on ridiculous wages, and it's pretty clear that he's not going to be an elite winger in the Premier League, which is something we're desperately lacking on the right, so we should get ahead of this problem from now and try to move him if possible.

If we can't move him to a league whose window is still open right now, we need to prioritize moving him in January.
I know you are right, I just have a soft spot for Sancho that I can’t explain why.

Cassidy

What good will come from airing this out though?

Like it or now, Sancho is on 350k a week. No club would take that on, so we are stuck with him. Telling the world that he is not training well cant help.
Dortmund told the world. So did Southgate.
Didn’t stop United signing him and paying him 350k a week

Oranges038

It was only the one season under Ole/Rangick.
Jaysus. It just felt like longer. Probably because of the 3 year transfer saga.

Point stands.

If Sancho were any good on the right then Antony wouldn't be here. You can't say he should play ahead of him when he's been here longer and looks and plays worse.

kaku06

Vulgarian
“I have been a scapegoat for a long time”

What does he mean by that? If anything everyone has been supportive of him, fans and multiple managers including ten hag. Who has scapegoated him? For 2 years he has served nothing but shit performances after shit performances. We have all seen his lazy attitude on the pitch under multiple managers but he never got the harsh treatment from the fans, managers even the media like some other players like pogba, Maguire. So how can he say he has been a scapegoat for a long time?

gaffs

I was always surprised that Sancho was desperate to join us specifically despite being so highly rated and us being shite, and also facing no competition for his signature.

Sancho and his weak mentality was sold on joining up with his mates at adult Disneyland. Both the club and player were a match made in heaven and like always we are still paying the price for such stupid decisions made over the last decade,
Who else would have paid him 350k a week?

gaffs

“I have been a scapegoat for a long time”

What does he mean by that? If anything everyone has been supportive of him, fans and multiple managers including ten hag. Who has scapegoated him? For 2 years he has served nothing but shit performances after shit performances. We have all seen his lazy attitude on the pitch under multiple managers but he never got the harsh treatment from the fans, managers even the media like some other players like pogba, Maguire. So how can he say he has been a scapegoat for a long time?
Victim complex.

Be he does get online abuse for being a waste of money. But its not far off the mark.

If he wants to talk about being a scapegoat, he should speak with Macguire.

Von Mistelroum

So if he's not showing anything or working hard and the manager doesn't want him. Sell him then. Don't wait until right after the window is closed and then decide to completely alienate a player you're stuck with.

If you want to motivate him, then figure out the best way to do that, but it's not likely to be by publicly embarrassing him. If you want him gone then make that clear when he can actually go. Now we have a player in the dressing room for half a season at least who will be bringing down the spirit of this squad even more than it already is.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Once a sap, always a sap.
He's pathetic honestly.

The more I've read that statement the more it's pissed me off. ten Hag has every right to banish him from the first team squad and force him to train with the U-23's.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Listening to Vibe with Five. Ste Howson alludes to the reason why Sancho was sent to Holland last year, but didn't say.

Anyone know what the rumor is/was ?
Addiction? Substances? What did he allude to?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If I’m Sancho & see how many chances Antony has been given to be nothing more than meh then I’m probably going to find it difficult to muster my all in training when match days don’t matter.
If I'm Ten Hag & see Sancho make 82 appearances to be nothing more than straight up dogshite and require mid-season holidays due to his fragility I'm probably going to find it difficult to muster up the willpower to not slap the shit out of him as clearly nothing matters.

saivet

He's pathetic honestly.

The more I've read that statement the more it's pissed me off. ten Hag has every right to banish him from the first team squad and force him to train with the U-23's.
It's not that deep and it very rarely ever is. Banishing players to the reserves is petty and doesn't help anyone.

Syphon Wallet

So you mean too say EtH acted about as well as he could and was as decent to Ronaldo as possible until he threw his toys out of the pram and got his contract terminated?

He quite deliberately gave him enough rope to hang himself with.
Ronaldo only did the interview because ETH was benching him, I don't know what the other poster is on about.