Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Pickle85

Are you wishing a ban on a forum member? This is ban worthy as well, just saying. Like the guys asking for a yellow card, will get one themselves.
Yes, I am. That poster is just constant negativity.

And where does it say that wishing a ban on a forum member is ban worthy?

astracrazy

I'm no man management expert but it seems to me ETH could have handled this more subtle.
How do you know he already hasn't? Sancho is a waste of space and patience has run out. EtH stood by him last season remember.

dubplate warrior

Any steps ETH takes that facilitates the hastening of getting that fraud out of our club can only be welcomed.
I'm with you. He had a three month break which 99% of managers would never afford last year. I'm not going to believe for a second he's a scapegoat.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm no man management expert but it seems to me ETH could have handled this more subtle.
Maybe he should give him 3 months off to get his head right, slowly integrate him back in and give him a full pre season...

I don't think one of our highest paid players needs to be pandered to. Rashford was dropped just for being late and didn't cry about it on social media.

Trex

If Sancho had this much bite on the pitch there wouldn't be any issue. ETH has tried a lot with Sancho, we can all see it playing him everywhere to get more out of him. Starting him in the fa cup final ahead of Garnacho which was totally undeserved. If after 2+ seasons and not even 1 proper 90 mins of top quality from him he can come out and make statements like this then its obvious why he's been this shit. It's entitled and arrogant and with such attitude how can one learn and improve.

bdspeedy

It’s going on 3 seasons pussy footing around Jadon.
Really is time to go. He has to be part of the next cull
Just remember, Bailly, Donnie, McTom and Slabhead should have been a chunk of the cull two windows ago. We just got Philip out the door a few months ago.

hobbers

5/10 for his PR written statement as well.

Gotta get that engagement uptick

Denis79

Sancho has been poor but to pubicly say this is Mourinho-esque.

el3mel

Every single post you make is a negative, depressing nightmare. I'm amazed you've not been banned.
So you want people to get banned because they're negative, nice. You would prefer to live in a world of delusion in which people keep saying we're good, playing wel and improving and only losing due to injuries and referees. Sorry I don't meet your criteria.

I'll stop being negative when we're actually good.

It's funny how these comments were exactly said to me when I was saying the same during the Ole tenure and we all knew how it ended.

astracrazy

I'm with you. He had a three month break which 99% of managers would never afford last year. I'm not going to believe for a second he's a scapegoat.
Exactly, imagine having the nerve to claim you are. I hope he never plays again.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How do you know he already hasn't? Sancho is a waste of space and patience has run out. EtH stood by him last season remember.
So you see nothing wrong with ETH saying what he said publicly?

It'd be a different story if Sancho had badmouthed ETH first, then by all means give your response in public. But as a manager you should know better not to be the first one who makes it public.

Pickle85

So you want people to get banned because they're negative, nice. You would prefer to live in a world of delusion in which people keep saying we're good, playing wel and improving and only losing due to injuries and referees. Sorry I don't meet your criteria.

I'll stop being negative when we're actually good.

It's funny how these comments were exactly said to me when I was saying the same during the Ole tenure and we all knew how it ended.
Your posts are just boring, depressing trudges through misery. Tbh I don't know why I haven't blocked you but shall rectify that now.

Mainoldo

The cheek of this guy. We’ve taken it easy with him due to the slack Pogba got undeservedly.

This guy is a scam.

astracrazy

It'd be a different story if Sancho had badmouthed ETH first, then by all means give your response in public. But as a manager you should know better not to be the first one who makes it public.
No nothing wrong at all. EtH had always protected his players to the press, so this says it all imo.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Eh.. no?

The quote I saw was this.

“Jadon, on his performances in training we did not select him," the United boss said.

"You have to reach a level every day at Manchester United and we can make choices in the front line. So for this game he was not selected."
What’s wrong with saying that?

Or is there another quote I’ve missed?

Trex

ETH simply said he selected the best off training performances. Sancho is saying not true I'm better than Pellistri, Garnacho, manager just scapegoating me.

wolvored

If Verane and Shaw were fit you wouldnt have had Maguire on the bench either. McTom wasnt there as well. I think TH is picking his own players and players he didnt bring in who he trusts, and the ones he wanted moving on will not even make the bench with a full complement to pick from.

Todd

Yet he starts the mannequin Martial :confused:.
Come on, now...until today our other options to play up top in place of Martial were [empty space here]

We have a surplus of wide players, so there's absolutely no reason to allow Sancho to get away with causing distractions like this. He has underperformed from the start, he's on ridiculous wages, and it's pretty clear that he's not going to be an elite winger in the Premier League, which is something we're desperately lacking on the right, so we should get ahead of this problem from now and try to move him if possible.

If we can't move him to a league whose window is still open right now, we need to prioritize moving him in January.

James35

Just a never ending circus. The fall from our relatively recent glorious past to the mess we are today is staggering. We are a meme of a top club.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Sancho calls himself “scapegoat” despite the 3 month break that was given to him to sort his issues. Then when he came back his performances were poor and was still supported by the club and manager.

You have to uber delusional to even think you are the victim here. He is on 350k per week and has probably contributed as much as Phil Jones did in last few years

astracrazy

Just a never ending circus. The fall from our relatively recent glorious past to the mess we are today is staggering. We are a meme of a top club.
I don't see a circus with this, I doubt we will see him play again. Simple as that.

Jamie Shawcross

Don't like it from both Ten Hag or Sancho. Ten Hag had no reason to throw him under the bus publicly like that, he could have made something up to protect the player, and Sancho really unprofessional to come out with that, especially after a defeat. Playground stuff. Last thing we need. Especially surprised with Ten Hag on this one.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
ETH simply said he selected the best off training performances. Sancho is saying not true I'm better than Pellistri, Garnacho, manager just scapegoating me.
Why say this publicly though? What's there to gain? Just give some other neutral BS reason for why you didn't select Sancho.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Something is fundamentally very wrong here. Either the players has too much of a power and don't give a feck about the manager or there is a witch that automatically makes all managers crap as soon as they land here

acnumber9

Sancho is done. Not a great look for either party in all honesty. The negativity round the club at the minute is something else.

GledTheRed

This must be a joke or you haven't actually watched the press conference. He didn't pick Sancho because others trained better, nothing wrong with that. In fact, he could have said that Sancho had been shite for the whole period he's been at United, EtH would still have had a legitimate point.
It's not a joke, he had no need to cause a drama by making it public.

Makes us look like a bugger bunch of clowns than we are already.

saik

Wow, not surprised this nothing burger has blown up on the Caf :lol: :lol:
This has blown up because of Sancho's stupid statement. If he would have just shut the feck up and tried to prove ETH wrong on the training pitch, you wouldn't be seeing this new thread.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Sancho needs to go, but it’s out of line to make a statement like that. For someone who’s not doing such a great job at managing himself.

Trex

Don't like it from both Ten Hag or Sancho. Ten Hag had no reason to throw him under the bus publicly like that, he could have made something up to protect the player, and Sancho really unprofessional to come out with that, especially after a defeat. Playground stuff. Last thing we need. Especially surprised with Ten Hag on this one.
Why should Ten Hag make things up though. Ten Bag simply saying other players outperformed him in training. Its not like a Mourinho case of calling a player a virus or saying he could think on his own on the pitch and has to be guided like a puppet. A

saivet

I feel like I’m going mad here. Is there a quote I missed? Or are people straight up lying?
I think it's an interpretation of ETH's quotes, as he didn't say Sancho didn't apply himself in training. Sancho's statement seems to be saying that he did apply himself, so understandable confusion.