Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

johanovic

Sancho should be sold/loaned out to Turkey/Saudi. He is done at the club. It seems that some think that running a football team is like a democracy but there is just one person that runs the team and that"s Ten Haag.
It´s the same shit again as with Pogba as some people are defending a millonarie once again that´s basiclly not doing the job they are paid for and not giving a toss about it. Then he´s goes crying about it on social media instead of doing something about it in the only place it matters..on the bloody football pitch. The club and the manager did everything for him last season to help him during his "difficult period" but he then comes out and claimes to be a scapgoat. That´s not the first time in his career he has played that card. Fergie would have thrown him out instantly and we should do that now. What an ungrateful and spineless primadonna he is and doing this he´s also knocked a whole lot of his selling price down. Of course you should call out players that are not arsed to do what they are paid for...he´s done jack shit in around 80 mathces for United and nothing to warrant his salary.

TrueRed79

A complete nothing of a player. Biggest load of garbage the club has ever signed. On top of that he seems like he is dumber than a bag of rocks. Should never play for the club again. Can't believe the club gave him that astronomical salary. Clueless morons.

Asger

Might be best for Sancho to go on loand until January. It will probably be a new manager at United at that time.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Gave up on Sancho a while ago. It’s clear and obvious that the effort hasn’t been there.

Try and flog him to the Saudi league while it’s still open over there.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This is usally what Rashford does as well....
and Mbappe, amazing what you can get away with when you score 30 goals
What is with the whataboutism?

hobbers

Do you really think we’re that tinpot. Jesus fecking christ
Not about what I think, we clearly are that tinpot.

The Ole signings... Maguire AWB Sancho VDB Telles and Ronaldo. Several dodgy personalities, most not signed as cogs to fit into specific systems or a philosophy.

Tinpot-brain contract offers for Bailly, Williams, Henderson, Jones, Martial, Lingard etc

And now we're signing players based solely on what the manager wants and not looking at a bigger picture. What the hell happens to Antony (assuming he's not in court) or Mount if ETH gets sacked at the end of the year? Meanwhile Casemiro is already off the legs. Casual £200m spent on those 3. We haven't learned the lessons, but how could we when we never bothered to hire a proper dof.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Strange that ETH would call him out like this so early on in the season - why not try to offload him before the window closed last week? Or maybe they did but had no takers?

Meep

I have zero sympathy for sancho. The manager spent a whole season protecting him
This. He has had his chance to get it going. When called out, you zip it and rip it. He obviously have the mentality of a paper figure. And was in it for money and fame. Pass on.

Kylar Stern

Posted this in the performance thread but feel it belongs in here more...

I don't think there's a problem with Sancho's response to this, and don't see this as a slight to ETH whatsoever - he makes it clear the post wasn't aimed at the coaching staff and that he is prepared to fight for his place and respects the clubs decisions.

The post is aimed at the press and the social media trolls who will inevitably jump on the non story and use the situation as yet another stick to beat him with.

I think its fair to say that ever since he missed the penalty in the final against Italy he has been mercilessly abused online on social media (often with very racist undertones, especially in the immediate aftermath) which will have been very difficult for such a young high profile player (and is likely what he alluded to in his comments around being scapegoated in the post); he seems to have had it worse than Rashford and Saka as whilst they have both kicked on and played well for club and country since, he has struggled and is still pretty heavily targeted.

I'm not defending his performances since signing for United (frankly aside from a handful of games he's clearly not been good enough) but there are clear factors at play here, the last 24 hours being yet another example of this.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
At one point he was top 3 young players in the world, alongside Mbappe and Haaland. Amazing how deep he has fallen since.

RedRocket9908

Strange that ETH would call him out like this so early on in the season - why not try to offload him before the window closed last week? Or maybe they did but had no takers?
I dont think we able to find a buyer, I believe Dortmund were interested but only wanted to take him on loan.

Zed 101

I am not a fan of managers singling out players in the media, I am less of a fan about players spouting off, all of this should be private whichever way you look it is poor.... that said Sancho needs a cold hard look if he thinks he is a scapegoat, problem is lad that you have not been worth one tenth of your pricetag

Grande

If you're going to dig, do it properly. You're not the first person to do that - quote an early post, when literally scrolling a page or two would show you my opinion. The quote was when I first started watching Sancho at Dortmund when he first moved there. I watched him properly over a year, and within 6 months knew he wasnt what as good as was thought. Literally - read my later posts on Sancho before we signed him - I was one of the few arguing against signing him for a huge price when 99% of this forum thought he was some great player.

E.g. in the transfer thread I said:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jadon-sancho-£72-9m-fee-agreed.463238/page-161#post-27392421

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/is-...lus-million-fee.457639/page-125#post-27288351

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jadon-sancho-£72-9m-fee-agreed.463238/page-38#post-27328808

One game in particular stood out for me - when Dortmund faced PSG in the CL. Can't be bothered to find the posts about it but he was very poor.
So you wanted him at first, then watched him more, then changed your mind? Sounds very common and natural. I think it even sounds like what @Shakesy was for.

You probably confused matters a bit when you wrote that you ‘Never wanted him in the first place’, as this seems exactly what you did. You wanted him in the first place (for above 100m even), then you didn’t want him in the second place (6 months later). So you said something counterfactual - it happens. A lot, actually, to mist of us. Which is for me a reason why it is so silly psychoanalyzing and close reading a few sentences of Ten Hag and Sancho, ignoring the tons of echo chanbre irrationality that is partnof the ‘conversation’. People in general are way to sure about what they base their opinions on..

hobbers

The post is aimed at the press and the social media trolls who will inevitably jump on the non story and use the situation as yet another stick to beat him with.
It's not a non-story. It's another in a long series of coaches and other sources commenting on his lack of effort in training.

He also clearly loves to use the word scapegoat at any given opportunity, which tells you all you need to know about his mentality or lack thereof.

Kylar Stern

It's not a non-story. It's another in a long series of coaches and other sources commenting on his lack of effort in training.

He also clearly loves to use the word scapegoat at any given opportunity, which tells you all you need to know about his mentality or lack thereof.
ETH didn't say there was a lack of effort in training, he said that the people that were picked for the bench ahead of him trained better. There's a world of difference between those statements.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
I dont think we able to find a buyer, I believe Dortmund were interested but only wanted to take him on loan.
Hmm surely loan would have been better then? Seems ETH doesn't really see him as having a big role in the team and has made his feelings pretty clear. Not sure what he's hoping to achieve by publicly calling him out like this.

kps88

He has previous for being late to training, missing team meetings with City, England and Dortmund.

I remember Dortmund dropping him for a key game after he returned late from international duty. I'm absolutely backing the manager here. He has no reason to lie or shoot himself in the foot like that.

hobbers

ETH didn't say there was a lack of effort in training, he said that the people that were picked for the bench ahead of him trained better. There's a world of difference between those statements.
Oh come on. There are 9 substitutes picked. He chose Evans, Pellistri, Gore and Hannibal ahead of a £350k-week player.

In that context ETH could not have made his anger and disappointment in Sancho any clearer. The only fit first team player in the squad left out completely.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That's not quite true though. It's not that rare for him to be involved on the break.
It's not rare for Antony to be involved either. If you consider relative strengths and the way they go about things on the ball, you would expect Sancho's instructions to be akin to Antony's and Garnacho's being more along the lines of Rashford's.

Grande

This is usally what Rashford does as well....
This is true, while it is also true that Rashford often have been instructed by Solskjær, also by Ten Hag, to hold back a little in how deep he is defending, because they often wanted him to be an attacking outlet for a counter, and also pin back the opponents RB from going all out in attack out of fear for Rashfords danger on the counter. I’m quite sure Sancho has very few such instructions, rather the opposite, I would assume.

Andersonson

Imagine if this was Mourinho throwing his players under the bus in public...
Under the bus? If we got players who dont fight in training and cant take that feedback we're stuck in a limbo. If this was under SAF there would be no question asked, he would be out the next day. Doesnt matter who the manager is, if we got players like that, they dont belong in a club who wants to win titles. Sancho and the likes doesnt have the mentality for a top club. Look at Haaland, got screamed at by Pep for the world to see before they went down the tunnel during half time. His response? " this i want i want "

Feck off Sancho

Kylar Stern

Oh come on. There are 9 substitutes picked. He chose Evans, Gore and Hannibal ahead of a £350k-week player.

In that context ETH could not have made his anger and disappointment in Sancho any clearer.
Evans the CB who got on the field, and Gore and Hannibal who play in positions where there was a chance they might be called upon considering how thin the squad is in midfield and the risk of injuries and cards are in that area you mean?

Sancho was actually competing with Garnacho for a substitute wing appearance who got on the pitch, is in good form, and has come on as a late game winning sub before, making his non selection much more of a non story.

Cassidy

Oh come on. There are 9 substitutes picked. He chose Evans, Pellistri, Gore and Hannibal ahead of a £350k-week player.

In that context ETH could not have made his anger and disappointment in Sancho any clearer. The only fit first team player in the squad left out completely.
Pretty much

Plastic Evra

I agree that while EtH was himself collected and sanitised in making that answer, there's a larger context that is damning for Sancho. But the only proper answer is hash it out with the gaffer and start playing up to the expectations of being a starter and beyond that, a star and a leader on the pitch at the very least a technical one.

Cassidy

Very little comes from a manager calling a player out at anytime, will always end in tears.
Like Pep multiple times last season, like ETH with Rashford and Garnacho?
Like Fergie did with Rooney multiple times?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
27 pages is impressive. Is there any update since Sancho’s initial tweet or is this just all discussion?

marktan

Why don't you just laugh about it?
Laugh about what? You dug through my posts (badly) and then laughed at me in 3 posts for a point of view that wasn't true. Don't be annoying and then ask posters to laugh about you being annoying.

glasgow 21

One stat 4 fouls and Zero yellow cards in his United career.
The kid is useless.
Talk nonsense should be renamed "Boot United Radio". "Dressing room and fans are now split on Sancho's treatment", really ?
Anyone backing Sancho should hang their heads in shame.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
At one point he was top 3 young players in the world, alongside Mbappe and Haaland. Amazing how deep he has fallen since.
Well, we had 33% chance to pick the short straw and we did, what a surprise.
In reality, I don't think he has the mentality, the physical attributes and contrary to many opinions, not even the talent to succeed in the PL.

hobbers

Sancho was actually competing with Garnacho for a substitute wing appearance who got on the pitch, is in good form, and has come on as a late game winning sub before, making his non selection much more of a non story.
Nope, he was competing for 4 forward substitute places with 3 other players - Hojlund, Pellistri and Garnacho. And was so shit in training the manager picked an extra midfield youth player over him. £72m signing, £350k a week, and can theoretically play in any of the front 4 positions. Ousted by Hannibal and Gore for an away game against Arsenal despite being fully fit. It's utterly embarrassing and a dire indictment on his effort levels and attitude.

start playing up to the expectations of being a starter and beyond that, a star and a leader on the pitch at the very least a technical one.
Zero chance of that though.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
So you wanted him at first, then watched him more, then changed your mind? Sounds very common and natural. I think it even sounds like what @Shakesy was for.

You probably confused matters a bit when you wrote that you ‘Never wanted him in the first place’, as this seems exactly what you did. You wanted him in the first place (for above 100m even), then you didn’t want him in the second place (6 months later). So you said something counterfactual - it happens. A lot, actually, to mist of us. Which is for me a reason why it is so silly psychoanalyzing and close reading a few sentences of Ten Hag and Sancho, ignoring the tons of echo chanbre irrationality that is partnof the ‘conversation’. People in general are way to sure about what they base their opinions on..
:lol: exactly how I feel about Mount. I never wanted him in the second place