Erling Håland | signs for RB Salzburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
https://www.eurosport.no/fotball/el...rderer-molde-juvel_fot_sto6828864/story.shtml

17 year old. Son of the not so popular Alf-Inge Håland.

Manchester United consider Molde striker

Eurosport.no knows that Manchester United is present at the Brann Stadium with a representative to follow Erling Braut Håland (17).

A representative from Manchester United is today in Bergen to follow Mold's great ally Erling Braut Håland. Eurosport.no has it confirmed from secure sources.

Eurosport.no knows that the club has followed the player for a while, and now wishes to see him against what has been Norway's best team so far this season.

The striker starts the match and thus has a unique opportunity to appear with a representative of the Premier League giant on the stand.

Also read: Arsenal with an interest in Eliteserie player
Manchester United believes the player has a big future and may look at him as a long-term project. This will probably mean that lending will be nearby if there should be a transition.

Håland has also appeared before the G19 national team and scored hate tricks against Scotland.

The Molde jewel is the son of former football profile Alf-Inge Håland.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Brann had conceded 4 goals in 14 games before this game. Håland shows up and scores 4 (!) within the first 22 minutes.

Sanche7

How many goals has he scored this season?
Edit : 2 in 6 according to WhoScored.com

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Talk about deliver when it matters. Impressive.

Maybe a new Norwegian star to follow. Interesting.

Dante

Average bang
I know that caftards often scoff at the idea of a player who relies on his strength. But if this kid can do it in Norway, I'd imagine he can do it anywhere. Those Scandis can be pretty big themselves.

haram

I know that caftards often scoff at the idea of a player who relies on his strength. But if this kid can do it in Norway, I'd imagine he can do it anywhere. Those Scandis can be pretty big themselves.
Not sure that’s how it works.

haram

It does if you're only talking about physicality. As to the rest of his game, I have no idea.
You have to use your physicality correctly though. Players are also quicker and stronger in England.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Left footed.

Hope he stays. I remember Solskjaer, when coaching King, talking about how we loved to mould young strikers that have the abilities he never could have.

Borden

We do have a tradition of signing players who score four goals in a game in the Norwegian league. Diouf was signed immediately after if I remember correctly.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This isn't going to end well if he's Alf's son and Utd are interested.

Dante

Average bang
You have to use your physicality correctly though. Players are also quicker and stronger in England.
If he were physically bossing it in the J-League, I'd agree.

But he's only 17, and he's doing it in the Norwegian league. The jump in size and strength isn't that big, judging by the players I've seen come over from Scandinavia in the past.

Hansa

He has an even more punchable face than his dad.

Anyway, I don't think 4 goals in this game is the clincher. The league is pretty rubbish. But his strength is pretty mean for a teenager, and if you add his exploits for the U-19s, qualifying for this summer's Euros, it's quite clear he has a decent chance of a good career, given the right club.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Ødegaard was always a product of hype, it was quite evident at the time.

No such hype around this Håland.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Does Roy Keane have any family members in our academy system?

Best to keep them apart if so, the article states he scores 'hate tricks'...

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
I can't post videos yet, but there's one of him on YouTube called "Braut Håland 2018 welcome to Juventus", which someone should add to this thread - the kid clearly has excellent technique, and a classic "wand of a left foot", on top of his big frame. He seems like he has a good level of confidence as well. I rarely get quickly carried away purely based on YouTube vids, yet alone ones of players from poor leagues, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say this kid will have a very good career at the top level. Sign him up.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If he were physically bossing it in the J-League, I'd agree.

But he's only 17, and he's doing it in the Norwegian league. The jump in size and strength isn't that big, judging by the players I've seen come over from Scandinavia in the past.
By that logic Altidore absolutely rag dolling MLS and Eredevisie defenders means he can do it in England too because MLS defenders are big and strong. We obviously know this isn't true though.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I can't post videos yet, but there's one of him on YouTube called "Braut Håland 2018 welcome to Juventus", which someone should add to this thread - the kid clearly has excellent technique, and a classic "wand of a left foot", on top of his big frame. He seems like he has a good level of confidence as well. I rarely get quickly carried away purely based on YouTube vids, yet alone ones of players from poor leagues, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say this kid will have a very good career at the top level. Sign him up.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would like this kind of signing as a back up to Lukaku. No real pressure to perform as he’s second fiddle, another option on the bench and potential to improve

Based Adnan

By that logic Altidore absolutely rag dolling MLS and Eredevisie defenders means he can do it in England too because MLS defenders are big and strong. We obviously know this isn't true though.
Altidore physically bullied defenders during his time in the Prem. Just because he didn't perform well doesn't mean he lost his physical attributes and was unable to shove defenders around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanche7

Would like this kind of signing as a back up to Lukaku. No real pressure to perform as he’s second fiddle, another option on the bench and potential to improve
I'm sorry but that just makes no sense.
You want a very talented kid to come sit on our bench, playing second fiddle to one of the best strikers on the planet during what are the most important years in his development?
If we sign him, he's either going straight into the under 18/21 or we are loaning him, no way are we going to make him / is he going to be OK with sitting on the bench at such a tender age.
If we want a backup to Lukaku, we should try and buy someone like Mandzukic

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm sorry but that just makes no sense.
You want a very talented kid to come sit on our bench, playing second fiddle to one of the best strikers on the planet during what are the most important years in his development?
If we sign him, he's either going straight into the under 18/21 or we are loaning him, no way are we going to make him / is he going to be OK with sitting on the bench at such a tender age.
If we want a backup to Lukaku, we should try and buy someone like Mandzukic
Jesus, calm down.

He’s 17, there’s no reason he can’t play for the youth teams as well. What 17 year olds do you know of who are exclusively a starter for a first team?

Why would mandzukic want to sit on the bench to, in your words, “one of the best strikers on the planet”? Lukaku hardly ever gets dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.