Erling Håland | signs for RB Salzburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansa

Ole loves his comparisons. At one point or another, every member of his squad has been described as a young Scholes, Keane, Ferdinand, etc. Strangely no Kleberson or Bellion.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Comments after the game:

Before the start of the match, it was reported by Eurosport that a Manchester United scout was in place in Bergen to follow the grand talent. According to Eurosport, the Premier League club has been following the player for a while. Erling Braut Håland got the nod from the start, and did not disappoint against the league leaders Brann.

But there was a taciturn Braut Håland who met the press after the game.

"It was cool to score four goals. I can not say anything about my future than I'm Molde player. But of course it is fun with interest, he says.

- Do you want to go out?

"I can not say anything but I'm Molde player and focus on it," he said again with a winking eye.

After a quarter of an hour, he had scored a hat trick. Minutes later, Molde got a penalty, and the big talent smashed it in goal. Molde led 4-0 (!) in Bergen at the break.

Second half was considerably calmer: Zero goals and Brann lost for the first time in Eliteserien 2018.

- Do not believe Manchester United is tempting
Molde coach Ole Gunnar Solskjær could not say much about a possible transition to overseas.

- There is a lot of interest. There have been bids from good clubs earlier this year, we have said no. But he is not going to think about it, for speculation is something he must live with the rest of his life, "says Solskjær, who at the same time denies claims that Braut Håland has played his last match for Molde. He also says he neither can confirm or confirm that there was a Manchester United scout in the stands.

"But with a father who has played for Leeds and Manchester City, I do not think Manchester United tempts him so much, Solskjær adds and laughs.

The 17-year-old is the son of former footballer Alf-Inge Håland, who has played for the two clubs.

VG asks Braut Håland about what he has to say to the comment from the Molde coach, and rejects that his father's former clubs have something to say for his future.

- He he, I have nothing against that club. So that has nothing to say, says Braut Håland to VG.

"I just want to go to a club that takes good care of me. That's the most important thing, he concludes.

Alf-Inge Håland, the son's counselor, has not responded to VG's inquiries on Sunday evening.

Seven Seas Sardines

The white Lukaku shares height and preferred foot, and only weighs 7kg less than the black one, with 7 years to spare. Sounds pretty interesting.

Last edited:

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Would like this kind of signing as a back up to Lukaku. No real pressure to perform as he’s second fiddle, another option on the bench and potential to improve
Nowhere near good enough to be even as a back up striker for a top team. He needs a good loan and develop not to spwnd all year on the bench..

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Looks like a stud. If we've been tracking him for a while, it could happen.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Brann had conceded 5 goals in 14 matches before this, and the gk is rated as one of, if not the best.
Keeper had a shocker, and the result sucks, i live in Bergen and want Brann to win the league :)
Kid looks very promising, though.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
That keeper:lol: channeling his inner libero.
But apart from that nice composure from Haland (how do I produce an o over a letter with an english keyboard @Caf Noggies?).

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
If that's the quality of defending from the supposed best team in the league, then another year up against that crap will do the kid no favours. Sign him now, get him training with Lukaku, and have him on a couple of six month loans to the Championship while keeping a close eye on him.

Hansa

Brann had conceded 5 goals in 14 matches before this, and the gk is rated as one of, if not the best.
Keeper had a shocker, and the result sucks, i live in Bergen and want Brann to win the league :)
Kid looks very promising, though.
Good response from the Brann coach: "We need to get him out of the country ASAP".

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just found out who his dad is. Yeah.. doubt he'll be signing for us if there's a choice to go to another big club.

Grylte

Just found out who his dad is. Yeah.. doubt he'll be signing for us if there's a choice to go to another big club.
Read the last part of Samid's post #48

Why would that even matter? I mean, Solskjær was a Liverpool supporter when he joined us.

red thru&thru

Solskjær was player for United when Haland would have played for Leeds or City. So why did he allow his son to be managed by him?

Paxi

Read the last part of Samid's post #48

Why would that even matter? I mean, Solskjær was a Liverpool supporter when he joined us.
Solskjær was player for United when Haland would have played for Leeds or City. So why did he allow his son to be managed by him?
It's more to do with Roy Keane being a club legend and ending his dad's career at Old Trafford.

red thru&thru

It's more to do with Roy Keane being a club legend and ending his dad's career at Old Trafford.
Understand that. Solskjær even mentioned that, tongue in cheek, however, Erling even said himself, his dads career wouldn't stop him going to United.

Paxi

Understand that. Solskjær even mentioned that, tongue in cheek, however, Erling even said himself, his dads career wouldn't stop him going to United.
Fair enough. If he joins then great, though his dad did say he hated United and I'd imagine he'd have his ear.

Grylte

What Keane did was Keane's fault, not United.
He didn't end his career either, it was the other knee.
Keane hit the right knee, it was an injury in the left knee that ended his career.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/jul/26/newsstory.sport5

"Keane, who was sent off for the challenge, connected with Haaland's right leg, though it is the Norwegian's injured left knee which has ultimately forced him out of the game. The Irishman implied last year in his autobiography that his foul had been premeditated."

The tackle was still horrible, and i do not in any way defend it - just for the record.

Laphroaig

If that's the quality of defending from the supposed best team in the league, then another year up against that crap will do the kid no favours.
Yes, because we don't ever see stuff like that from Lloris, Otamendi, Stones, Jones, etc. Brann had conceded five in 14 before that game, they just had a bit of a shocker against a monster.

Big fan of Braut. Don't mind us having a punt. Nine goals in six U19 games, including hat trick against Scotland and a brace against Germany, isn't too bad for a 17 year old.

Paxi

What Keane did was Keane's fault, not United.
He didn't end his career either, it was the other knee.
Keane hit the right knee, it was an injury in the left knee that ended his career.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/jul/26/newsstory.sport5

"Keane, who was sent off for the challenge, connected with Haaland's right leg, though it is the Norwegian's injured left knee which has ultimately forced him out of the game. The Irishman implied last year in his autobiography that his foul had been premeditated."

The tackle was still horrible, and i do not in any way defend it - just for the record.
Yeah, I've read that before. Still, Haaland did say he that hated United. I've no reason to think that he suddenly changed his mind. His son did say that he has nothing against us but you'd hardly burn your bridges at 17 by calling us scumbags. Either way, I'm just of the opinion that because of his dad history with the club, he won't be signing for us. Feel free to give pelters when I'm proved to be horrible wrong and he does. :)

BarstoolProphet

Yeah, I've read that before. Still, Haaland did say he that hated United. I've no reason to think that he suddenly changed his mind. His son did say that he has nothing against us but you'd hardly burn your bridges at 17 by calling us scumbags. Either way, I'm just of the opinion that because of his dad history with the club, he won't be signing for us. Feel free to give pelters when I'm proved to be horrible wrong and he does. :)
Yeah, he's even on video singing his song containing the words "he hates Munichs".

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Talk about deliver when it matters. Impressive.

Maybe a new Norwegian star to follow. Interesting.
That's what I was thinking.
He certainly stepped up to the plate, when it was needed.
He will need to do this regularly, to be considered for a big a club, but he is still very young, so he has plenty of time.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If he were physically bossing it in the J-League, I'd agree.

But he's only 17, and he's doing it in the Norwegian league. The jump in size and strength isn't that big, judging by the players I've seen come over from Scandinavia in the past.
The jump in class, from the Norwegian league, to the EPL is massive. Big time players who have performed well in Spain/Italy have failed in the EPL.
He is still, very young, though.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Where did he say that?

supermao

Confirmation from Molde that United is interested in Haaland on TV2 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.