Erling Håland | signs for RB Salzburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camilo

No idea why we'd be interested - if he's progressed in 5 years time then sure, but now would just be pointless.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
No idea why we'd be interested - if he's progressed in 5 years time then sure, but now would just be pointless.
Because in 5 years time he’ll be 10x the price, if he’s progressed

gr3yham3

My view is that we should buy him now and loan him back to Molde for another season or 2 to continue development.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
That's fine. He's not going to progress here.
You have to sign the best players as soon as you can now a days. Having a class player coming through is probably the best thing a manager/owner can wish for. Just look at Mbappe.

I’d agree Mourinho wouldn’t be the best manager for him but I wouldn’t turn down a potentially amazing player just because he might not progress here. It’s up to him to decide where to go and work to progress.

haram

Then people moan about why we never get the players before they become valued at 50 million+

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
My view is that we should buy him now and loan him back to Molde for another season or 2 to continue development.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's pretty clear that the Norwegian league is already not challenging enough for him. It would be better for his development to next get experience in a more competitive league; I'd opt to loan him to the Championship.

gr3yham3

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's pretty clear that the Norwegian league is already not challenging enough for him. It would be better for his development to next get experience in a more competitive league; I'd opt to loan him to the Championship.
That could be a great choice too. I just hope that if we do get him, we don't allow him to waste time waiting for first team football and loan him out for first team experience.

BiggusD

Supports
Molde FK
If Molde gets to Europa League, that is a far better arena for him to test his mettle than the Championship. So is the pressure of having to win pretty much every match in order to win the national league, compared to "good effort, lad" in a league that hardly matters (despite being of higher quality overall).

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
why would you say something like that, it's essential to identify for any top club or any football club young talents before they bloom and get on the level when everyone wants them. You save yourself a lot of money and not miss on "next Messi"

No idea how goo the boy is but buying ready made players is just an awful management

Cliche Guevara

why would you say something like that, it's essential to identify for any top club or any football club young talents before they bloom and get on the level when everyone wants them. You save yourself a lot of money and not miss on "next Messi"

No idea how goo the boy is but buying ready made players is just an awful management
Hardly! Quite the opposite, you can take a chance on a couple of projects but top teams buy top players, often at their peak.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Hardly! Quite the opposite, you can take a chance on a couple of projects but top teams buy top players, often at their peak.
maybe it was misunderstood, it is essential for top clubs to recruit also youngsters at all age cathegories, not just ready made players.. wathicng young kids develop into world beaters is one part of the philosophy of our club, one of the reasons I support United. If I was to support teams who just buy players I could watch Madrid, City or PSG. It's a nonsense not to go for a player with obvious talents and then trying to loan him out. You never know if there is the next messi or mbappe

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
If Molde gets to Europa League, that is a far better arena for him to test his mettle than the Championship. So is the pressure of having to win pretty much every match in order to win the national league, compared to "good effort, lad" in a league that hardly matters (despite being of higher quality overall).
Haha, it's pretty clear that you have little to no experience of watching Championship football - it is a brutally competitive league.

RU Devil

If we buy, I wouldn't mind loaning to Molde for a season, then a Championship team for another. He'd be 19, which could be a good time to try him out for first team minutes if he's all that. Rinse and repeat at another level if necessary.

MUFC OK

well Dalot looked very much like a Ribalta transfer to me. But I agree, I hope we'll see more of his influence.
Yeah I considered that, and perhaps he is, it's the sort of signing I like. Only thing that makes me think otherwise is Mourinhos links to Porto.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
10 goals and 4 assists in his last 7 games for Molde (league and EL qualifying). 2G and 1A vs Hibs tonight to see his side through to the play-offs.

So the word on the street was that he'd sign for Salzburg and be loaned back to Molde until the end of the season but that's not possible anymore as the Norwegian window closed yesterday. Will be interesting to see what Molde do. I'd be very tempted to keep for now. If they somehow get past Zenit and Håland has a decent autumn then his value will skyrocket in January. They're also all of a sudden well and truly in the title race largely thanks to Håland's form.

Handré1990

10 goals and 4 assists in his last 7 games for Molde (league and EL qualifying). 2G and 1A vs Hibs tonight to see his side through to the play-offs.

So the word on the street was that he'd sign for Salzburg and be loaned back to Molde until the end of the season but that's not possible anymore as the Norwegian window closed yesterday. Will be interesting to see what Molde do. I'd be very tempted to keep for now. If they somehow get past Zenit and Håland has a decent autumn then his value will skyrocket in January. They're also all of a sudden well and truly in the title race largely thanks to Håland's form.
Have you seen him play? From reading about him he sounds like a Lukaku-light type. Is he decent technically as well?

prateik

So the word on the street was that he'd sign for Salzburg and be loaned back to Molde until the end of the season but that's not possible anymore as the Norwegian window closed yesterday.
Why cant a club sign him for the jan transfer window? Or next summer? They cant technically loan him back if the Norwegian window is closed, but they can agree a transfer for next year.

supermao

Have you seen him play? From reading about him he sounds like a Lukaku-light type. Is he decent technically as well?
Seen him a few times and he is relentless, I'd think quite a few PL defences would find him a handful. The times I've seen him this year he has reminded me a lot of a young Rooney.

Edit: Pace, power and aggression being the key words.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Probably not with Alf Inge Haaland as his dad, tho'... Dude seriously despises United.
I doubt he hate United because of Keane, he might not be a fan since he played for rivals, but he's still aware of the size of the club.
I really doubt he would tell his son to not go to United if we try to sign him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Got decent technique but will always look a bit awkward and not so elegant because of his height and body shape. His raw pace, agility and strength are obviously attributes that stand out but for me his game awareness is incredible considering his age. He's a smart player, makes the right runs and plays with high intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.