Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Footy van de Geek

I really hope he gets his revenge on Neymar and the rest of PSG one day. The way they mocked him last season.

He strikes me as the type of kid to use that to motivate him. He lives to score goals. Great drive.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
People talking about his buyout clause and saying he's cheap, ignoring his contract will likely be bigger, per year, than the buyout clause :lol:

Wilt

He‘s a machine.

Think City will get him, which would make it even worse that we didn’t.

The Urban Goose

Last night showed what a proper CF brings, we need to break the bank for him. Flog Martial to Inter if necessary.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
With how good we played yesterday with Cavani as the no9 and VdB as the DM, does it show us what type of player suits us best for the fwd spot if we play Martial & Rashford?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Perfect storm, Dortmund make their players rise above their level, a case of "greater than the sum of their parts". Many players go to Dortmund and with the ethos of the club and style of football makes attackers especially look levels above. See - Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Goetze, Gundogan, Auba, Lewandowski, Sancho, Reus etc.

Can he replicate that elsewhere? I think so but maybe not to the same insane level. The Dortmund teams are always great at getting the most of their attacking talents so going to another team I feel, if they work with him, he will continue to improve and maintain this freakish consistency. There is a risk (with all players) this might not be the case but what he is showing currently is performance levels far above Lewandoski and Auba, who are their two best exports who have done it in other leagues etc.

Bwuk

If we could sign anyone in the world I’d pick him.

He’s unplayable. He’s faster and stronger than pretty much any defender, and has that obsession with scoring goals.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I was talking about trying to buy him before the clause kicks in...
Ok.. but Haaland could still say no and wait until the clause kicks in to decide, that’s his intention all along anyway and he has all control from day one.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If we could sign anyone in the world I’d pick him.

He’s unplayable. He’s faster and stronger than pretty much any defender, and has that obsession with scoring goals.
The issue is that Im guessing every manager in world football thinks the same as you!

Handré1990

He would be immense at any club he chooses. He will have his pick and I'm hoping that a Klopp hug (post covid of course) will convince him.
Our owners have the money and would certainly view him as a 'value' signing which is what they're about.
City will chuck cash at him and they'll obviously be tempting to him but I'm really hoping he doesn't end up there
:lol: Really drinking the kool-aid, aren’t you?

Havak

Pokemon master
Strikes me as the kind of guy that might go to Real Madrid next, but there's a good chance Liverpool or Man City get him as well. Will be interesting to see what his decision is when the time comes. He could also opt for Bayern Munich, but I doubt he will want to stay in Germany much more than another year after this season is done. Bayern would be more of a long-term move I imagine. I don't think this will be another Jadon Sancho saga, this will be more like Hazard. Multiple clubs will meet a price and it will be completely his own decision. Mbappe is is the other one who I think will be looking at the clubs I mentioned, along with possibly Barcelona and Bayern for him, I see Mbappe as the Man City signing which is why I don't expect them to get Haaland.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if his affinity to Leeds will wipe United and Chelsea out of the race?

All a moot point if he carries on like this though as they'll be only one place he'll be going and that's Spain.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If City get him to replace Aguero - I think I'll get teary.
He has what it takes to break all kind of records - especially in the Champions League. He'll need to choose wisely. Unless we make a massive amount of improvement, or that we can taint him mind with a big salary, I can't see him coming here.

Footy van de Geek

Perfect storm, Dortmund make their players rise above their level, a case of "greater than the sum of their parts". Many players go to Dortmund and with the ethos of the club and style of football makes attackers especially look levels above. See - Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Goetze, Gundogan, Auba, Lewandowski, Sancho, Reus etc.

Can he replicate that elsewhere? I think so but maybe not to the same insane level. The Dortmund teams are always great at getting the most of their attacking talents so going to another team I feel, if they work with him, he will continue to improve and maintain this freakish consistency. There is a risk (with all players) this might not be the case but what he is showing currently is performance levels far above Lewandoski and Auba, who are their two best exports who have done it in other leagues etc.
Kagawa is the only one of them who flopped hard. Another one you forgot is Sahin. Sahin never regained his form at Dortmund, whereas Kagawa did. So not just down to the system in the case of Sahin.

Mkhitaryn is actually in really good form for Roma. 11 goals contributions from 11 games this season.

Götze did well at Bayern before his medical issue came to light.

Gündogan suffered two serious injuries while at Dortmund, suffered another one at City, then bounced back to become a very good player for them.

Lewandowski's been just as good, if not better for Bayern. Auabameyang has maintained his impressive goals tally in an up and down Arsenal side.

Handré1990

When they both played each other the difference in quality was still obvious. People should look at more than the number of goals. Haaland arguably has been a world class striker for the past months and there's a good chance that he will be one of his generation's greats, but he also has distinct weaknesses.
Correct. Lewandowski is a complete player, Haaland not there yet. Haaland might be the best at the things he does really well though. I’m surprised he hasn’t had a real dip in form yet, but you mostly create enough chances so there’s that.

Eriku

Kagawa is the only one of them who flopped hard. Another one you forgot is Sahin. Sahin never regained his form at Dortmund, whereas Kagawa did. So not just down to the system in the case of Sahin.

Mkhitaryn is actually in really good form for Roma. 11 goals contributions from 11 games this season.

Götze did well at Bayern before his medical issue came to light.

Gündogan suffered two serious injuries while at Dortmund, suffered another one at City, then bounced back to become a very good player for them.

Lewandowski's been just as good, if not better for Bayern. Auabameyang has maintained his impressive goals tally in an up and down Arsenal side.
Not to mention that he was smashing it for Salzburg in the ECL group stages, in a group with Liverpool and Napoli.

Anybody doubting his abilities now are being far too insistent on being a skeptic.

lysglimt

Scout
Correct. Lewandowski is a complete player, Haaland not there yet. Haaland might be the best at the things he does really well though. I’m surprised he hasn’t had a real dip in form yet, but you mostly create enough chances so there’s that.
Does anyone know if the story about Lewandowski joining Blackburn in 2010 was correct ? Apparently the transfer was stopped by the volcanic eruption at Iceland

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
All a moot point if he carries on like this though as they'll be only one place he'll be going and that's Spain.
Like Lewandowski after his spell at Dortmund? Such a nonsense claim.

RUCK4444

Haven’t seen a lot of this kid, does he offer much in the build up like a Rooney type or just a pure finisher more like a Van Nistelrooy?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Haven’t seen a lot of this kid, does he offer much in the build up like a Rooney type or just a pure finisher more like a Van Nistelrooy?
Elite finisher.

Just think of a striker with incredible movement who has the pace to beat defenders and the strength to bully them.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
You all are wrong. He will stay at Dortmund and will, with Sancho, managed by Nagelsmann, lead them to the UCL title in 2024.

Blood Mage

This one feels a bit of a pipe dream now, unlike Sancho who's always going to want to come to the PL when push comes to shove Harland is going to have his choice of clubs - Bayern to replace Lewandowski, Juventus to replace Ronaldo, Real will be looking at him

Never gonna happen for us now imo
Yeah feels a bit like when we missed out on Ronaldinho.

Holocene

Our best chance of getting him would be before the release clause kicks in. Which means paying significantly more.

When the clause kicks in, every big club in Europe will be wanting to trigger it. I can't see United being at the top of his list.

The idea that we have a good chance of signing him because of Ole is laughable.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Our best chance of getting him would be before the release clause kicks in. Which means paying significantly more.

When the clause kicks in, every big club in Europe will be wanting to trigger it. I can't see United being at the top of his list.

The idea that we have a good chance of signing him because of Ole is laughable.
The chance is the same, just like before he went to BVB. He and his camp need to be convinced joining the club would be for HIS best interest, not the club. His camp will probably insert release clause in the contract again just he did with salzburg and bvb.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He a traditional striker. From what i see his strength are his height, pace, movement, positioning and shooting accuracy. If he can put on muscles like Lewi and improve his header he will be even better.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I wonder if his affinity to Leeds will wipe United and Chelsea out of the race?

They have no money. He's England-bound. There's a reason their top guys are also leaving.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Elite finisher.

Just think of a striker with incredible movement who has the pace to beat defenders and the strength to bully them.
Yeah that's fairly spot on. Haaland is, somewhat surprisingly not that great in the air. But he has years to improve still, so who knows what the roof is. He's set a completely ridiculus standard though.

I actually dont think he's very good technically, but again, time to improve. I'm saying this as one of his biggest fans

monosierra

I agree! Its such a crapshoot buying from Dortmund - as we have learned. But I think Haaland was great even before he went there and his talents go beyond what the club's play could elevate (Unlike Goetze, Kagawa, and Mhkitaryan). Pulisic has been great after Dortmund.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah that's fairly spot on. Haaland is, somewhat surprisingly not that great in the air. But he has years to improve still, so who knows what the roof is. He's set a completely ridiculus standard though.

I actually dont think he's very good technically, but again, time to improve. I'm saying this as one of his biggest fans
From what i have seen so far, technically he is just average. Flair, dribbling, ball control are not better than Jamie Vardy, but men he is efficient.

laughtersassassin

Doesn't really work for Halaand when he was doing it for Salzburg in the Champions League already.