Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

thedvil

He just fits our team so much compared to any others, only problem is if City dont get Kane then they will unfortunately get Haaland, they will offfer crazy wages we wont be able to compete with.

laughtersassassin

We will pretty much have to buy this guy if we want to compete with City for the next few years.

If they have the better team like they do we will need a far superior striker to close that gap

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Think Real Madrid are planning on getting both - with Mbappe going on a free transfer.
Not sure how they could pull this off with the wage demands both will require and the rest of the team in needs of serious reinforcements (not to mention there is still 75m to pay for Haaland). Also, on a sporting level, Madrid leaves a lot of questions for the near future and their prospects.

Chief123

Think Real Madrid are planning on getting both - with Mbappe going on a free transfer.
Real Madrid are going to have the same problems Barca have just had in trying to keep messi.

Madrid will be bringing Mbappe in on ridiculous wages as there is no transfer fee involved. They’ve already brought in Alaba on stupid wages and have a number of high earners already at the club. Just can’t see them getting Mbappe and Haaland together.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There's real allure to being "the guy" that takes Manchester United back to greatness. A very solid season that showcases that the sporting project here is going very well could be the decider.

Having Haaland on a team as lethal as this one when we're hitting teams on the break is everything you can ask for. Speedmerchant, poacher, finisher and muscle all baked into one still developing striker

mav_9me

Just can't see it. Even if Real can afford it, doubt they want to play together. Like this level of alpha male egos, abs top strikers together? Has it happened before?

Eriku

There's real allure to being "the guy" that takes Manchester United back to greatness. A very solid season that showcases that the sporting project here is going very well could be the decider.

Having Haaland on a team as lethal as this one when we're hitting teams on the break is everything you can ask for. Speedmerchant, poacher, finisher and muscle all baked into one still developing striker
Pretty much how I feel. With the Real and Barca meltdown, and with Chelsea securing Lukaku, I feel like we’re real contenders in getting him. If, as you say, we show this season that this team is still progressing.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Isn’t Mbappe willing to leave PSG cause he wants to be THE man on a team? Not sure getting Haaland along with with Mbappe is the way to go then.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Isn’t Mbappe willing to leave PSG cause he wants to be THE man on a team? Not sure getting Haaland along with with Mbappe is the way to go then.
Never had the impression of Mbappe as putting himself before the team. The best players knows they can't do it all alone.

However, seemed Sancho and Haaland really hit the groove together. It all comes down to how the season pans out, I guess.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Don't worry, I meant Wiesbaden might get promoted, not that Schalke will be relegated.
Oh okay I honestly like 2nd Bundesliga and prefer it over 1st at the moment. Gogo Wiesbaden ;)

Teja

Come on Ole, work your magic. We have to get him next year. Just get the checkbook out now and start negotiating.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has Lukaku's power & speed but with Chicharito's movement and Zlatan's athleticism. It's looking very likely he will join us next year given that other clubs have different target of strikers and there is connection between him and Ole and also Sancho.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
150m would do it and it'll be money well spent.
Rather than 100m-something for a non physical version of Didier Drogba.

hungrywing

Pretty much how I feel. With the Real and Barca meltdown, and with Chelsea securing Lukaku, I feel like we’re real contenders in getting him. If, as you say, we show this season that this team is still progressing.
Some people still remember your posts on how 'Norwegically', we're the best-placed in terms of landing him.

They'll remember them if/when he goes somewhere else, as well...

meamth

He has Lukaku's power & speed but with Chicharito's movement and Zlatan's athleticism. It's looking very likely he will join us next year given that other clubs have different target of strikers and there is connection between him and Ole and also Sancho.
...and exceptional technical skills for such a big man.

His first touch is always setting up for a shot.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid will be bringing Mbappe in on ridiculous wages as there is no transfer fee involved. They’ve already brought in Alaba on stupid wages and have a number of high earners already at the club. Just can’t see them getting Mbappe and Haaland together.
Think most of RM's high earners will be out of the club in the next two years. The only big, bad contract remaining will be Hazard's.

3vra

The thing with Real is all they good players are almost 40 and the young ones are average. Last season when i was checking their game i did not know single player on their bench bar Isco. They need at least 3-5 seasons to be back so i do not think best players will be going there to struggle. Wngland is the place to be right now, he can always get his Madrid move in a few years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Madrid aren’t the threat they used to be anymore.

Financially they can’t compete. They’re putting all their eggs into the Mbappe basket and still need to pay for their stadium.

They have 4/5 important players to replace soon too. Their team is on a downward cycle IMO.

Compare it to united who are doing fairly well still after the pandemic, we have a very young team who are about to come into their peak, and have just signed his favourite team mate + having his old coach who by most accounts he gets on with well.

The only sticky point IMO will be the agent and his demands, but I think we will go with it.

Haaland is by far the best striker of his generation, you do what you must.

stubie

I think it’s vital we end this transfer window with a couple of more signings so next summer we can just focus on trying to sign Haaland.

Josh 76

City get Kane
Chelsea get Lukuka
Real get Mbappe
Barca are fecked
Liverpool can’t afford him

That leaves 3 options really
PSG
Bayern
Utd

RkkMan

Right move.

They’re already a good, exciting young team, we’re building.

They’re proven in developing young players in the last few years.

There will be much less pressure playing for them than us.

Also anyone thinking we’ll sign Sancho anytime soon is crazy.
Yeah about that lad..............

City get Kane
Chelsea get Lukuka
Real get Mbappe
Barca are fecked
Liverpool can’t afford him

That leaves 3 options really
PSG
Bayern
Utd
So far he's taken the right decision for his career trajectory at every point. Dortmund was the perfect step before he entered a big league. So PSG is out. Unless he really likes Germany, Bayern shouldn't be an option either.

I think his options are us, or Madrid if they manage to pluck 100m out of thin air'.

I wouldn't rule Chelsea or City out either. Chelsea will realise Lukaku isn't all that, and Pep will get jealous at the thought of somebody else spending 100m on a player.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

We're going to get him next summer.

I highly doubt Bayern are going to stump up the agent fees and other bonuses for this kind of deal. Real are going for Mbappe and their team is declining.

Barcelona don't have money. City will probably get Kane next year. Chelsea will have Lukaku.

We're the best option and most realistic option.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We're going to get him next summer.

I highly doubt Bayern are going to stump up the agent fees and other bonuses for this kind of deal. Real are going for Mbappe and their team is declining.

Barcelona don't have money. City will probably get Kane next year. Chelsea will have Lukaku.

We're the best option and most realistic option.
Yep. Only competition will be Mbappe if they’re looking to make another statement after Mbappe pisses off for free. While Ligue 1 might not be that appealing to him yet, the idea of playing with Messi and Neymar feeding him will be something that he could put up with for a few seasons before making a move to EPL or La Liga a few years later.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Just get the DM sorted this summer so we only need to focus on a striker next year. Haaland is a must and he will fit like a glove with our style.

Eriku

Some people still remember your posts on how 'Norwegically', we're the best-placed in terms of landing him.

They'll remember them if/when he goes somewhere else, as well...
Huh? I was never really adamant about us being best placed, I’ve only really been making noises about how nonsensical the whole he won’t come here because of his dad bullshit.

Might you be mixing me up with someone else?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The thing with Real is all they good players are almost 40 and the young ones are average. Last season when i was checking their game i did not know single player on their bench bar Isco. They need at least 3-5 seasons to be back so i do not think best players will be going there to struggle. Wngland is the place to be right now, he can always get his Madrid move in a few years.
Mostly due to it was a nightmare-season in terms of injuries, the bench is decent enough normally.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
We'll be lucky if Mbappe runs down the contract, we are not getting Haaland.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
honestly think we’re destined to get him.

- his release clause means the price won’t be too high
- Cavani will leave next summer so a striker spot is open
- He’s not really a Pep striker and City might get Kane anyway
- Madrid are going for Mbappe
- No chance he wants to go to PSG; he’s ultra competitive and playing in the French league is not
- Leaves only Bayern and us as options and I think the Ole connection will get it over the line.

hungrywing

Huh? I was never really adamant about us being best placed, I’ve only really been making noises about how nonsensical the whole he won’t come here because of his dad bullshit.

Might you be mixing me up with someone else?
IIRC you posted about how in Norway this club is much more highly regarded than the Spanish clubs to the point that old grandmothers pretty much all have heard of Manchester United (and might not know what Real/Barca are)

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Doesn't that only work if you already have some affinity towards the club? Otherwise why would you care?
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this, but don't you think being a modern Cantona can be quite motivational for a player? You'd leave a legacy for yourself and the club, so you're in the history books even if you don't care about the particular club.

Eriku

IIRC you posted about how in Norway this club is much more highly regarded than the Spanish clubs to the point that old grandmothers pretty much all have heard of Manchester United (and might not know what Real/Barca are)
Absolutely. That was to counter some people who thought he was a dead cert for Spain. In Norway the EPL is way bigger, and Haaland himself has talked about wanting to go to the EPL. That doesn’t amount to me having said he’s nailed on to go to United.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
A chance of playing with Messi might beat everything about the league.

But the lad is born in Leeds and has ties to the uk. My gut feeling tells he'll wear a red shirt. Whatever a gut feeling is worth. Tells me I'm hungry ...