Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
IIRC you posted about how in Norway this club is much more highly regarded than the Spanish clubs to the point that old grandmothers pretty much all have heard of Manchester United (and might not know what Real/Barca are)
Sometimes it feels like everyone in this country either support Liverpool or United, nothing else even comes close.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Doesn't that only work if you already have some affinity towards the club? Otherwise why would you care?
Sure, but in Norway there are two clubs, Manchester United and Liverpool. All other clubs have their fans but Manchester United and Liverpool are by FAR the biggest clubs, the names hold weight here.

I have no idea who Haaland actually is a fan of outside of Leeds, but given that a family friend is the manager of one of the two big clubs, theres at least the chance that there is a soft spot there.

Of course I'm just guessing, but that's my angle

Zen86

I can’t see us being able to afford him, especially when he will no doubt be agitating for another move or contract after a year or so.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I can’t see us being able to afford him, especially when he will no doubt be agitating for another move or contract after a year or so.
What will he do? Threaten to not play football and be in forfeit of his contractual obligations for the next 3-4 years? No way he signs a short term contract for any new club.

hungrywing

Absolutely. That was to counter some people who thought he was a dead cert for Spain. In Norway the EPL is way bigger, and Haaland himself has talked about wanting to go to the EPL. That doesn’t amount to me having said he’s nailed on to go to United.
No one ever said you did. At least not that I know of. “'Norwegically', we're the best-placed in terms of landing him,” is a far cry from ‘nailed on’. At least in my book.

hungrywing

Sometimes it feels like everyone in this country either support Liverpool or United, nothing else even comes close.
Sure, but in Norway there are two clubs, Manchester United and Liverpool. All other clubs have their fans but Manchester United and Liverpool are by FAR the biggest clubs, the names hold weight here.

I have no idea who Haaland actually is a fan of outside of Leeds, but given that a family friend is the manager of one of the two big clubs, theres at least the chance that there is a soft spot there.

Of course I'm just guessing, but that's my angle
Is the bolded part because of Riise?

Zen86

What will he do? Threaten to not play football and be in forfeit of his contractual obligations for the next 3-4 years? No way he signs a short term contract for any new club.
We all know who his agent is and the sideshow he brings with him.

Eriku

No one ever said you did. At least not that I know of. “'Norwegically', we're the best-placed in terms of landing him,” is a far cry from ‘nailed on’. At least in my book.
Fair enough. You bringing me up as a target for told-you-so’s made me feel like you thought I’d been on some insistant soap box :lol:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Is the bolded part because of Riise?
More like Kevin Keegan. Engish football is a huge romantic part of sports in Norway and the fandoms are very real and start from childhood, dating back as far as the introduction of football broadcast.

hungrywing

Fair enough. You bringing me up as a target for told-you-so’s made me feel like you thought I’d been on some insistant soap box :lol:
Oh, were still blaming all of you for getting our hopes up.

Nah, English football has been huge since the 60s, and Liverpool’s 20 year dominance shaped allegiances. It was enough to make Ole a fan, back in the day, remember?
Bolded part yes, but I was wondering if there was something in addition to that, such as another Norwegian who’d played for them during that time.

I was wondering if there were Riise vs Solsjkaer ‘factions’ in Norway.

Eriku

Oh, were still blaming all of you for getting our hopes up.

Bolded part yes, but I was wondering if there was something in addition to that, such as another Norwegian who’d played for them during that time.

I was wondering if there were Riise vs Solsjkaer ‘factions’ in Norway.
I’d say the likes of Bjørnebye, Leonhardsen, Kvarme, and Heggem did more in that sense. Riise came hot on their heels.

And don’t blame me for what other Noggies say or do :nervous:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Never has there been a player more deserving of the words "force of nature".

Adcuth

Cant wait till he walks onto the OT pitch next season, Varane-style

gibers

This kid is a tornado. It's a shame he only wants to see go Madrid

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Jens Petter Hauge scores in his debut for Frankfurt in the same game, this is a fun day for Norwegian footballfans

laughtersassassin

Signing this guy is a must to compete with City long term.

Also his runs will really suit Pogba if we keep him

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Duncan Castles, wasn't it?
There's going to be a big host of bidders for Haaland next season, Real Madrid and Manchester United are the only likely destinations assuming City signs Kane.

Real has lost a lot of the star allure the last 2 seasons, will be curious to see how they are doing. The buzz around Manchester United right now is pretty wild, and Haaland and Sancho became great friends in Dortmund. Of course that could mean nothing but its also possible it'll help sway some decisions.

Strelok

Duncan Castles, wasn't it?
I have no idea who that guy is. Google and it says he's tier 4.
Journalists close to Raiola. That's the reason he didn't even want to go to Chelsea. Both him and Mbappe only want to go to Madrid.
You should not buy a word from that fat fecker let alone his entourage.

And I heard he didn't go to Chelsea because the asking price from Dortmund was too high?