Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I think the argument (which was terrible to begin with) that Martial is up to the task long term as our main number 9 is rotting away aggressively. Maybe Pogba being back will have him score again as I'm sure he'll have goals put on a plate for him, but overall he's simply not the man for the job by the looks of things.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Martial is actually very good in holding the ball and bring others into play. It’ll be a massive benefit to play him next to Haaland, one striker who can link up well with midfield and the finisher, while Haaland as a finisher to finish the job. But we don’t play 442 unfortunately.

PyroMan

Bruno Fernandes seems ideal. The closest thing to Kevin de Bruyne, if anyone can actually get close to hos quality. Would be great with him and Pogba (if Pogba stopped slowing his play)
Bruno Fernandes :houllier:

His agent spent all summer touting him to all major clubs across Europe, yet none took the bait. Don't be fooled by the major PR drive conducted by his agent. I haven't watched him play but no club even bidding for him during the summer tells the story with that one.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Martial is actually very good in holding the ball and bring others into play. It’ll be a massive benefit to play him next to Haaland, one striker who can link up well with midfield and the finisher, while Haaland as a finisher to finish the job. But we don’t play 442 unfortunately.
Having a plan B would be a good idea though. 442 against the park the bus teams could be a godsend. Haaland would give that option of something a little different. Also just his sheer presence will occupy a defender and create a bit of space for the other lads to operate in. Martial in a free role alongside/behind could be interesting.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
To be fair to Bratseth he was certainly 'absolutely good' and probably had a decent case for being 'world class' in his prime. Obviously depends how you define the term - as he wasn't in that top tier of Baresi and Kohler during his era - but Kicker ranked him 'world class' in 1988, 1992 and 1993 and the number one libero in the Bundesliga in each of those three seasons. I rate him highly because he stood out both as an athletic man-marker but equally as the spare man and it's not often, especially in those times, that defenders excelled in both aspects.
Indeed. If Bratseth was German instead of Norwegian he would have been a World Cup Winner, he would absolutely be the first choice libero for West-Germany in 1990, over Augenthaler.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't wait for Pogba to start feeding this monster. Would also take a lot of pressure off Rashford who has basically been a one man attack all autumn.

Bwuk

Even if Halaand doesn’t happen, I think it’s obvious we need someone who attacks the 6 yard box. Martial is a fantastic player but he’s more of a Firmino style forward.

Lynty

I've yet to see one person claim we don't need Haaland because we have Martial.

I honestly think that people made this narrative up and others have just jumped aboard, as per usual Red Cafe behavior.

OL29

I've yet to see one person claim we don't need Haaland because we have Martial.

I honestly think that people made this narrative up and others have just jumped aboard, as per usual Red Cafe behavior.
I said this the other day, just another excuse to have a pop at a player who's become a popular target amongst our fans.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Won't lie, I will be incredibly disappointed if he chooses to join Dortmund. Haaland is what we need to tear up these low hanging defenses with Pogba feeding the goalmachines in Rashford and Haaland.

ash_86

Please God. With Pogba back we need someone to put those sexy long balls in the net.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Won't lie, I will be incredibly disappointed if he chooses to join Dortmund. Haaland is what we need to tear up these low hanging defenses with Pogba feeding the goalmachines in Rashford and Haaland.
To be honest I wouldn't blame him for joining Dortmund
He will start most games for them and have the likes of Reus, Sancho, Brandt, gotze and crosses from people like hakimi and guerrerio to get on the end of
Yes Sancho will probably go in the summer but if haaland develops as he could then so will he in a year or two and Dortmund have shown they won't block young talent moving on... Plus he is likley to get more cl experience

If he joins us he's got martial, rashford and potentially greenwood to compete for the strikers role and I'd argue less creativity in the team focused on getting him chances

I hope he joins us but certainly wouldnt be surprised or blame him if he felt his development for the next few years would be better served by a spell at Dortmund (hopefully he's got zlatan levels of self belief and thinks he's ready for the pl...and has neymer levels of greed and the extra wages we are likley to offer seal the deal)

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Thought you said he was coming to United?

Can I put an order in for an Apple pie please?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Thought you said he was coming to United?

Can I put an order in for an Apple pie please?
Nono it is still my belief that he is coming here. But nothing is done before the contract is signed. But I do have some apples just in case..

Snafu17

If they're unarguably better, you should know the exact number.

Also this is a thread about Halaand.

redshaw

Results to a bottom of the league club who haven't lead at home all season don't help, nor Ole's overall record. Haaland has to think about does he want to be here if Ole gets the sack at the end of the season. Dortmund has been a good place for young players in recent years, will probably feature in the CL more over the next 4-5 years.

I'd love him to sign for us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Results to a bottom of the league club who haven't lead at home all season don't help, nor Ole's overall record. Haaland has to think about does he want to be here if Ole gets the sack at the end of the season. Dortmund has been a good place for young players in recent years, will probably feature in the CL more over the next 4-5 years.

I think it’s overstating that Dortmund is a good place for youngsters.

They field a lot, yes but it’s arguable if any in recent years have been ‘developed’ and improved

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Fair enough, Dortmunds recent draw at home to bottom of the table Paderborn when they were 3-0 down is a particular highlight. We've both had our issues.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Having a plan B would be a good idea though. 442 against the park the bus teams could be a godsend. Haaland would give that option of something a little different. Also just his sheer presence will occupy a defender and create a bit of space for the other lads to operate in. Martial in a free role alongside/behind could be interesting.
It always nice to have plan B but not by spending 80m plus. Plan B is supposed to be a backup plan, spending 80m plus for plan B, is it worthy though? We should use the money to fix our plan A first.

R'hllor

Not gonna pretending that i know much about the kid but some of you really rating him.

So if you are right, can imagine the damage we gonna do, him being fed by Lingard :drool:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't agree with Lukaku comparison.

Martial can bring others into play.
Haaland can bring the ball into the net.
Lukaku could send half the stand home due to fecking up a first touch that Sunday league footballers wouldn't.
My point of the comparison is that both Lukaku & Haaland are pure goal scorer not someone that you rely on both to bring others into play and scoring goals.

You can see that in this video against Liverpool, his general play is still raw. He’s still pure force or strength. If we are going to spend 80m plus on someone that we need to develop, what about give it to Greenwood.

Strelok

I think it’s overstating that Dortmund is a good place for youngsters.

They field a lot, yes but it’s arguable if any in recent years have been ‘developed’ and improved
Agreed, however we can't deny the fact that Bundesliga is much easier than the PL.

If you watch the Bundes teams on a regular basis, you'd realise what a joke their defence usually is.

As a young striker who hasn't fully developed yet it's pretty rational to come to an easier league imo, especially considering the horrible physical demand of the PL and the possible injures come along with.

One - two years there and he'd become the new Sancho or even better, which would help him to have a lot of options than just us and the PL.

However, I really doubt Dortmund could pay such amount quoted. They don't seem to have that kind of financial muscles imo.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He surely must have a low release? Or else I can't see why Dortmund would want him for anything north of £50m. Could be wrong but for Dortmund to sign him for the huge figures bandied about would go against their modus operandi.

He surely has a release clause.

dev1l

Haaland close to Juventus...
.crap source but there he's quoting 2 Italian papers for what it s worth..
In the meantime Mandzuikic transfer to Qatar is off apparently. Don't know if it's related.

Mr.Marty

If 30 millions is the fee, then United should definitely buy. I Feel that's the real value on Haaland right now. People talking about 80 mill is absurd, he's young and is playing in Austria.. again, Austria.

theklr

Haaland close to Juventus...
.crap source but there he's quoting 2 Italian papers for what it s worth..
In the meantime Mandzuikic transfer to Qatar is off apparently. Don't know if it's related.
Standard Raiola tactic, but it might mean Haaland hasnt decided yet.

Haaland would be even further behind in the pecking order at Juve, though it would an easier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.