Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So we actually have people that don't want him because Ole being at the club is a positive thing for him? Just... wow.

dev1l

So we actually have people that don't want him because Ole being at the club is a positive thing for him? Just... wow.
Don't take some of the stuff posted over here too seriously :) Just learn to ignore some posters - you can do that with a click or else just laugh reading their posts :)

Eric's Seagull

Not disagreeing with you mate. In fact, I believe I said that very thing.

The difference in the Haaland case is that the price may go UP, not down, in the summer window. Let’s say he keeps banging in goals and hits 55 for the season, wins Golden Boot (though not sure if Austrian league can win Golden Boot). There is a chance that the fee rises to 100-120m. In that case, getting him for 80m in January would have been a bargain.

Saw this very thing happen with João Felix this last year. Was on the radar of some clubs before the ‘19 January window, then IMPROVED in the second half and ended up going for 126m....
I agree that his price may go up during the summer, if he keeps on scoring a similar amount of goals which I expect him to do. So I think our best chance of getting him is January. Also in the summer there may be more competition for him as some teams may want to see if he can keep this form up for a whole season before deciding he is worth "x" amount of millions.

Mainoldo

Wow you respond to a tongue and cheek comment with the same energy and Ole fans get their 99 bedsheets in a twist. Big babies.

Bondi77

Anyone know if he is good in the air?
I wonder if we might make a move for Mitrovic in Jan, at least then we might get a head on some of James’s crosses.

Brophs

The One and Only
Anyone know if he is good in the air?
I wonder if we might make a move for Mitrovic in Jan, at least then we might get a head on some of James’s crosses.
I really wouldn’t spend too long wondering.

Ban

Do these Van Gaal/Mourinho/Solskjær die hards actually exist? I swear I must be oblivious to them. I couldn’t name a single poster who falls into either camp.
Hardly. Yet some act like they're swarming the place, especially famous Jose acolytes.

Denis' cuff

We're finding the summer windows difficult, nevermind the January one. But there is players that could be signed in January that I deem would be the right fit. But not sure Ole would, because it seems like he's fixated on players that wouldn't be available in January. So unless he broadens his horizons, then we'll end up signing no one and the fans will point to Woodward not backing the manager.

Don’t be silly.

As if any manager wouldn’t want additions to improve the squad/team.

Where have you been ? Ever heard of Ed Woodward and his puppeteers.

The Red Thinker

If you were him, would you sign for us at the moment?
Yes. A fair chance of playing every game at one of the biggest clubs in football. If it works out, he will have made an indestructible legacy at one of the historic clubs. Plus, the manager knows him through and through and knows his quality, going as far back as Molde.

Last edited:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Yes. A fair chance of playing every game at one of the biggest clubs in football. If it works out, he will have made an indestructible legacy at one of the historic clubs. Plus, the manager knows me through and through and knows my quality, going as far back as Molde.
Here's a pen.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He's on the bench. I'm sure he's already recovered from his injury because he cane from the bench in the champions league. So anybody knows why he isn't starting?

Nick7

Me? Without a shadow of a doubt. I’m a United fan and it would be a dream to play for United. Alas, I’m not a professional footballer.

He's on the bench. I'm sure he's already recovered from his injury because he cane from the bench in the champions league. So anybody knows why he isn't starting?
He’s probably still not fit enough for 90 minutes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Don’t be silly.

As if any manager wouldn’t want additions to improve the squad/team.

Where have you been ? Ever heard of Ed Woodward and his puppeteers.
Did I say a manager wouldn't want to strengthen his team? But when a manager is fixated on certain players at clubs who are asking for extortionate prices it's best to broaden your horizon.

SAFMUTD

It would depend on what other clubs offer, sadly here has become some sort of graveyard for top players. Very few have been able to develop or keep their level after joining us in the latter years.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Going from the austrian league to Man United? Probably one of his idols as his manager? Chance to be the striker at one of the biggest clubs in the world and one of the most historical clubs? Chance to be the one that revives the club? Not even mentioning the money.

Such a dumb narrative when people say this. Man United will always be an attractive club to join.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Going from the austrian league to Man United? Probably one of his idols as his manager? Chance to be the striker at one of the biggest clubs in the world and one of the most historical clubs? Chance to be the one that revives the club? Not even mentioning the money.

Such a dumb narrative when people say this. Man United will always be an attractive club to join.
Not dumb at all. What big players have joined us recently?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not dumb at all. What big players have joined us recently?
Pogba, Ibra, Sanchez, Lukaku for a few in recent years. Haaland isn't that. Haaland is a young player with big potential like Martial was, which we've had no problems signing.

Irwin99

Is this gonna put Martial back on the left in a 4-2-3-1? Let the arguments between fans and the sulking commence .

elánius

Watched his cameo in last game in Champions Laague and this guys has a really bright future. RB salzburg is a small club and he might be someone we have actually a big chance to get. :-)

TheReligion

Abusive
It would depend on what other clubs offer, sadly here has become some sort of graveyard for top players. Very few have been able to develop or keep their level after joining us in the latter years.
What's the relevance of this comment? He's not in his latter years and he'd be joining a youthful squad and has plenty of development to do himself.

Fosu-Mens

I think you are spot on. We have had some bad years and the negative focus has grown strong.

I feel really good about the progress now. We have a really good chance to bounce back. Under LvG and Mourinho it felt more like a quick fix.

The part where you feel deflated I can relate to as well. It’s hard to swallow some of the games, but the good games and periods tell me that we are on track.
There was a "short-termism" to Mourinho and we knew that before he was appointed. LVG was all about the long term with his approach on how to play football. Given the low quality on the ball among some of our players under him, he prefered to play an extremely safe and booring type of football, but LVG was not about it being a quick fix. Some of those signings under him were club signings.

How people think that we are going in the right direction under OGS and his coaching staff is just baffling. Blind faith. The only signs that this might be a long term appointment are OGS interpersonal skills, positivity and his popularity among the fans (Woodward/board would have to wait a long time before they are "justified" in firing him).

What signs in the type of football we play do you think will end up working long term? Do you think the players brought in are suited to play how most high performing teams in the world are playing? Do you think that not having midfielders as the highest priority this summer might have been a mistake that was obvious? Do you think that our lack of ability to pass the ball is an indication of how bad our coaching and technical ability are? Please explain where you see the progress(Getting partially rid of Sanchez does not count)? Or the good periods? Good games?

SAFMUTD

What's the relevance of this comment? He's not in his latter years and he'd be joining a youthful squad and has plenty of development to do himself.
Yes he would have plenty of time, but ManUtd is not exactly the best place for development he would be demanded results immediately specially for the fee that we would pay for him. I can easily imagine the fans turning on him if he doesn’t reply his current form. Look at Rashford for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.