Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

troylocker

@*Riley*
I think you are underestimating our name in world football, sir!
To be a Red Devil is still one of the greatest honors you can have in football.

Dve

I get why people don't want Haaland. We have other priorities and so far our attack has been good. But I doubt the club or anybody in this forum would be all over Haaland if he didn't look like such a generational talent. I don't like using that word but it is what it is
Except that it hasn´t. Well, better lately, but I for one remember Martial being injured and United creating nothing. United need another attacker in case of injuries and to be able to rotate the front 3. With Haaland, you suddenly have the option of giving everyone a rest now and then.

Right now, there happens to be a lot of midfielders injured, but with everyone fit, the attack is were United lack depth the most.

Reactions: Sultan

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The more I watch him, the more I like this signing. Him, top AM and DM, we'll be going somewhere next season.

Runaway Sue

I wouldnt be suprised if was on some sort of enhancment drug. Norway is famous for doping their skiers and athletes. Look at their skiing team. All cheaters. It's the worst kept secret in Scandinavia.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I wouldnt be suprised if was on some sort of enhancment drug. Norway is famous for doping their skiers and athletes. Look at their skiing team. All cheaters. It's the worst kept secret in Scandinavia.
I was thinking about that possibility too, his physique is just unreal. Manchild.

Would absolutely get him if possible.

Red00012

He’d be bat shit crazy to join us, yet some will still be shocked when he doesn’t. Probably the fans that think Ole is going to suddenly transform into SAF any time now.
Or the Same fans that think we should bring Smalling back because he’s tearing up Serie A

Runaway Sue

Salty Swedes :lol:
Yea a bit. I used to love watching skiing until years later after we all found out you were cheating all the long.
It's a legitimate fear to be worried about after all their athletes were cheating.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Like, come on man, this is just defamation. You're citing a documentary from 2013, where the swedish doping hunter accuses everyone in the cross country circuit for elevated hemoglobin levels in 1995

I think you're just salty because Sweden is a pretty slow cross country nowadays.

But hey, know that claim you just made? That was refuted by Swedens own Peter Hemmingsson , the FIS Medical representative and responsible for monitoring the testing. He said there was nothing suspiciou with any athlete, be they Norwegian, Swedish or other.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How is his all round game? Has anyone called him the white Lukaku yet?
He seems like he has a good first touch, has an ability to find space, genuinely takes on his defenders and scares the cr*p out of them - the only problem to his game I can see so far is that he seems extremely one footed, but again that's with his left foot--which is something we miss in our squad because nearly all our attackers are the opposite and play with their right foot only.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Like, come on man, this is just defamation. You're citing a documentary from 2013, where the swedish doping hunter accuses everyone in the cross country circuit for elevated hemoglobin levels in 1995

I think you're just salty because Sweden is a pretty slow cross country nowadays.

But hey, know that claim you just made? That was refuted by Swedens own Peter Hemmingsson , the FIS Medical representative and responsible for monitoring the testing. He said there was nothing suspiciou with any athlete, be they Norwegian, Swedish or other.
I like your style Cato, deny everything until you’re proven guilty. Good strategy. Recommended by layers and bikers to name a few.

Both Sundby and Johaug got caught with illegal substances in their body’s but off course it was all mistakes. What else. They all have asthma, they all needs medications and they are all innocent. If only good old Ben Johnson was blond and Norwegian. Jamaican and black, that’s not a good combination if you accused of doping.

Btw. Ben Johnson and Therese Johaug both said the same thing after they got accused of taking illegal substances.

- I’m innocent. Something most be wrong.
- It was my doctor/coach who told me to....
- I had no idea....

Both lost their cases. One got rich and famous and the other lost almost everything. Who could had thought that outcome...

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How is his all round game? Has anyone called him the white Lukaku yet?
Obviously a developing play er with some flaws. But I'll highlight his upsides and let someone else deal with the negatives, its late and I just dont want to.

He's something as rare as a very tall forward with ball handling ability - The only thing he' got in common with Lukaku is that they are both tall, the similarities stop there.
Surprisingly technical for his physique and height - The highlight reels show him pulling anything from tunnels to dribbles. Of course highlight reels are just that, highlights.
Frequently racks up assist by playing through balls or setting up his teammates
Very unselfish, gives away penalties to teammates so they (quoting Haaland himself) "Share the hype" - Haaland has not missed a penalty shot in 25+ attempts. So you know, we need that.
Extreme acceleration and top speed compared to most other players in football. I can't think of a single CB that would be able to catch up with him, but please correct me if Im wrong.
EXCELLENT finishing. He does not need a lot of chances to score goals. Haaland scores most of his goals from the 16m box. Either he beats a defender to the ball, or he will carry the ball there himself and finish it off.
Seemingly can't top scoring, regardless of competition, holds several scoring records, and even a world record for 5 year olds in "Still standing longjump"
A total meme character. His interviews usually consist of 1 word replies, it's hilarious (He's not a jerk, just a little quirky)
Is tall, can head, scores with head.

Im sure he needs to work on things like positioning, passing speed, crossing and first touch in the EPL, but I don't believe any of those are what you'd call a problem area. He's just a very well rounded player with a ridiculous improvement ladder.

Haaland is so strong he will outmuscle essentially any defender. He made Koulibaly look silly in their 2 games, and I'm looking forward to Liverpool v Salzburg where no one will be surprised if he scores again. And that says a lot when you start to expect a 19 year old to score against Liverpool

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I like your style Cato, deny everything until you’re proven guilty. Good strategy. Recommended by layers and bikers to name a few.

Both Sundby and Johaug got caught with illegal substances in their body’s but off course it was all mistakes. What else. They all have asthma, they all needs medications and they are all innocent. If only good old Ben Johnson was blond and Norwegian. Jamaican and black, that’s not a good combination if you accused of doping.

Btw. Ben Johnson and Therese Johaug both said the same thing after they got accused of taking illegal substances.

- I had no idea....

Both lost their cases. One got rich and famous and the other lost almost everything. Who could had thought that outcome...
This is such hoghwash. You're operating on the assumption of guilt without evidence. That' not a case, that' the litteral definition of defamation of character.

But nevertheless:

Sundby was barred by WADA for 2 months following the misuse of a asthma inhalation filter for a medical product allowed to use in competition within certain parameters. The problem was not with the athlete but with the medical staff that made a mistake regarding the filters dosage capacity. We know this because the medical personnel testified to this effect. Sundby was banned from competition for 2 month. Not exactly Johan Mühlegg now was it.

Johaug was caught with a steroid in her system, with a value so low it has no measurable effect on performance. but he WAS caught with a steroid in her body. The steroid in her system came from a lipcream bought in a Italian pharmacy to treat lipwounds (johaug has huge open sores on her lips). The creme was bught by the national teams doctor who gave it to Johaug, who then used it. Now, we know about this because the actual lipbalm was produced as evidence,a long with purchae receipts and statement from the pharmacy where it was bought. Do you somehow image that the national team doctor goes to the local pharmacy to buy this weeks supply of illegal steroids?

It's easier to believe an athlete when you can visually inspect what she used, as opposed to hearing stories about it. Either way, she was banned for just a long enough period to miss the olympics after WADA increased her punishment to make an example of her, completely blowing out the normal time for her offense, adding on it to barr her from the olympics. Johaug lost no sponsors after the fact, since everyone and their grandmother knows she's being truthful. We know this because the team doctor testified to the factual events, the italian pharmacists testified to the events, and the team doctor later resigned from his position.

Asthma in the cross country skiing community is SUPER common. That kind of exertion in very cold climate is going to damage your lungs wether you like it or not.

And that' pretty much that. But I like how you just assume that everyone from Norway is a doper because you fell into a saltpool.

Runaway Sue

- I had no idea....

I honestly think they are worse than former Soviet in regards to doping.
Obviously Haaland hasnt got anything illegal in his body now. He must have gone through a series of test to qualify to play in his league and Champions League.
But who knows two-years ago? As i said. Norway is dodgy af about these things.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This is such hoghwash. You're operating on the assumption of guilt without evidence. That' not a case, that' the litteral definition of defamation of character.

But nevertheless:

Sundby was barred by WADA for 2 months following the misuse of a asthma inhalation filter for a medical product allowed to use in competition within certain parameters. The problem was not with the athlete but with the medical staff that made a mistake regarding the filters dosage capacity. We know this because the medical personnel testified to this effect. Sundby was banned from competition for 2 month. Not exactly Johan Mühlegg now was it.

Johaug was caught with a steroid in her system, with a value so low it has no measurable effect on performance. but he WAS caught with a steroid in her body. The steroid in her system came from a lipcream bought in a Italian pharmacy to treat lipwounds (johaug has huge open sores on her lips). The creme was bught by the national teams doctor who gave it to Johaug, who then used it. Now, we know about this because the actual lipbalm was produced as evidence,a long with purchae receipts and statement from the pharmacy where it was bought. Do you somehow image that the national team doctor goes to the local pharmacy to buy this weeks supply of illegal steroids?

It's easier to believe an athlete when you can visually inspect what she used, as opposed to hearing stories about it. Either way, she was banned for just a long enough period to miss the olympics after WADA increased her punishment to make an example of her, completely blowing out the normal time for her offense, adding on it to barr her from the olympics. Johaug lost no sponsors after the fact, since everyone and their grandmother knows she's being truthful. We know this because the team doctor testified to the factual events, the italian pharmacists testified to the events, and the team doctor later resigned from his position.

Asthma in the cross country skiing community is SUPER common. That kind of exertion in very cold climate is going to damage your lungs wether you like it or not.

And that' pretty much that. But I like how you just assume that everyone from Norway is a doper because you fell into a saltpool.
Can‘t you read Cato. They where all innocent. Wait...

Btw. I agree with you about Braut Haaland. Huge talent. Only a teenager and strong like an oxe. Must be the water... don’t you think? (the last part was a joke but hey, accusing Norwegians of doping is serious business and if I’m not mistaken it’s the worst crime you could do since Quisling. Joke again Cato, take it easy now.)

Obviously Haaland hasnt got anything illegal in his body now.
But who knows two-years ago? As i said. Norway is dodgy af about these things.
As a Molde supporter, I can confirm we run the most advanced doping lab in football-Europe. That is how we made Forren the most complete athlete in the world. Well, until Haaland came a long. The doctors found tremendous potential in his big, juicy lips, and lip glossed him into the monster he is now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As a Molde supporter, I can confirm we run the most advanced doping lab in football-Europe. That is how we made Forren the most complete athlete in the world. Well, until Haaland came a long. The doctors found tremendous potential in his big, juicy lips, and lip glossed him into the monster he is now.
He is like perfect player when it comes to physicality. Built like a tank with mobility of smaller quick players. Well done Molde, it's a perfection.

Handré1990

Wow! :lol: Norway more dodgy than the former Soviet union! @Tom Cato is absolutely right in his summary. Bunch of fecking idiots in this thread. This is the exact reason why conspiracy theories are allowed to spread and take hold! I thought Sweden was a country with generally high education levels, maybe I should challenge that supposition.

*Riley*

Well, he did turn down Juventus, and twice the salary, because he saw RBS as a better option for development.
And has been proven right. A year later though and maybe, he thinks he's ready for both silverware & development.

Would like to see him at OT but only with my rose tinted glasses on do I think we'll be able to beat the rest of Europe to him
@*Riley*
I think you are underestimating our name in world football, sir!
To be a Red Devil is still one of the greatest honors you can have in football.

I think are over hyping our current place in world Football. Yes, our name carries weight but so does Juve, Barca, Madrid, City
Stupid opinion, stupid reply.
To offer a different opinion to you is stupid? It was more thought out than anything you have ever contributed, I have fact checked that too!

Maybe you are in the wrong place

Runaway Sue

Taking a thread off topic
Wouldnt surprise me one bit with your history of cheating and doping. You can joke about it how much you want, both you and me know its true. And with your semi passive aggressive reply i think i might be on to something ;)

cyberman

May as well close United up. We are a small club now..unappealing to say the least

DoomSlayer

Watch him come here and become Peter Crouch because we don't use doping at United. Another area in which we are behind the times for fecks sake.

troylocker

Wouldnt surprise me one bit with your history of cheating and doping. You can joke about it how much you want, both you and me know its true. And with your semi passive aggressive reply i think i might be on to something ;)
I am a little curious, Peter. It is quite harsh characteristics of Norwegians and their history of cheating and doping you put out there. I haven't heard this outrageous history of Norwegians cheating and doping before, are you sitting on some inside information I don't know about? Googling a little bit, it seems there has been some cases in the shot put/discos field in the 70s, 80s and 90s, one cyclist, a race walker and the two cases from cross-country skiing mentioned above and bla, bla, bla...Nothing that should justify to label Norwegians as cheaters more than anyone else. Even if there was a crazy history of cheating, is there any concrete information out there regarding Haaland and doping that is relevant to this thread, or are you just a complete toxic twat with an agenda? You just look like a bitter, small man with a lot of hatred for Norwegians to me.

Last edited:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
It would be sensible to make a bid in January even if it means he stays there until the summer. As at the rate he is scoring at, his value could increase a lot by the summer and there could be a few more clubs interested.

Also if Norway qualifies for the Euro's, he may have a decent tournament making his value increase further again.
No worries then.

theklr

Is there a big rivalry in sports between Norway and Sweden?
Its unhealthy at times :) But swedes loves to speculate in doping rumours about our cross-country athletes since we've been smashing them there the last decade.
And as it is one of their national sports they tend to be very engaged about it.

In their other national sports though (Icehocky, football) they dwarf us, so they really should let us have it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Its unhealthy at times :) But swedes loves to speculate in doping rumours about our cross-country athletes since we've been smashing them there the last decade.
And as it is one of their national sports they tend to be very engaged about it.

In their other national sports though (Icehocky, football) they dwarf us, so they really should let us have it.
Thanks for sharing that.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Think the tide is turning in football. We were the better team in both games against them (2-0 and 0-1 leads) but inexperience cost us on both occasions. Our current 19-22 year old crop with Ajer, Berge, Ødegaard, Haaland is far superior to theirs so hopefully the tables will turn within 2-3 years.

Handré1990

I am a little curious, Peter. It is quite harsh characteristics of Norwegians and their history of cheating and doping you put out there. I haven't heard this outrageous history of Norwegians cheating and doping before, are you sitting on some inside information I don't know about? Googling a little bit, it seems there has been some cases in the shot put/discos field in the 70s, 80s and 90s, one cyclist, a race walker and the two cases from cross-country skiing mentioned above and bla, bla, bla...Nothing that should justify to label Norwegians as cheaters more than anyone else. Even if there was a crazy history of cheating, is there any concrete information out there regarding Haaland and doping that is relevant to this thread, or are you just a complete toxic twat with an agenda? You just look like a bitter, small man with a lot of hatred for Norwegians to me.
Excellent post! It‘s time you promoted this guy mods and scouts!

Back to Haaland, the doubters are going to look silly imo. I remember this exact spiel from a lot of posters when Kane started scoring loads. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are still some who feel Kane needs to prove it ‘for longer/in a different team/league/WC/Euros’.

Fosu-Mens

Per regulations and rules, the Norwegian XC skiers are not doping (Sundby excluded).
Are there side-effects of certain asthmatic medicines that are performance enchanting? Yes. Are the Norwegians the only ones using the "medicine"? NO, but the asthmatic "diagnose" is more prevalent among the Norwegian athletes.
Should certain types of asthmatic medicines be banned? Most likely.

To agitate more Norwegians: Haaland is overrated, one-dimensional and would currently not improve our attack. Maybe in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.