Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

So Raiola wants a higher transfer fee than Mbappe and almost double the weekly wages of Lionel Messi...

Yea great player but I hope we feck off and go for Kane instead. The sums being mentioned on top of dealing with that cnut again turns me off a ton.

Only clubs in the world that can afford the reported insane fees are oil monarchy clubs
If they really want 1m per week theu can feck off. You can have 4 world class players for that cost

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Probably a lot of nonsense but the more I read the less I want him here. Mainly because of the circus it would come with. Also his performances at the moment aren't anything special.

Raven

Where's this notion that he'll be the first 1M pound a week player coming from? I thought Messi was on double that? Either way, no fecking way anyone in the premier league is stumping up a million a week, especially not for someone with 1 top level season under his belt. Leave that madness to the Spanish giants or PSG.

arthurka

So Raiola wants a higher transfer fee than Mbappe and almost double the weekly wages of Lionel Messi...

Yea great player but I hope we feck off and go for Kane instead. The sums being mentioned on top of dealing with that cnut again turns me off a ton.

Only clubs in the world that can afford the reported insane fees are oil monarchy clubs
He is what 21 years old? What will his next contact look like? I call bullshit.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Madrid Barca and PSG are the only teams that have paid those kinds of wages to players. But those were for Messi Ronaldo Bale Neymar. You can probably rule the first two out due to finances but then again they always seem to do some sort of deal with a bank that gets them out of trouble. PL clubs don’t have the advantages those two clubs do in their league.

The wages being mooted are ridiculous. It is a little weird though, on the one hand I don’t want to see Mbappe and Haaland at a rival PL club. However do PL clubs really want to sit back and have another Messi/Ronaldo situation where the two next big stars are at the Spanish big two.They’re the level of players that could set about another period of dominance on the world and CL stage for those clubs at a time where it looked like they might be declining and the English clubs could dominate and compete more.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah no English club can afford that. If that really is their demands then I’m not even sure what the point of including us in those conversations is.

At 70 million and 200-250k a week it’s reasonable and the only reason he can come in to a club even with that wage is the hype, but it’s still only been in the Bundesliga so far. He hasn’t dominated for a number of years yet.

Our highest earner is Salah and VVD and they got their wages off tbe back of their performances at the club. The only player we’ve signed on 200k a week immediately is Thiago and even he could have got more elsewhere or at Bayern if he wanted.

You want players who genuinely want to play for you, yes you compensate them fairly but there’s got to be a line drawn somewhere and your existing wage structure taken in to account.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yeah no English club can afford that. If that really is their demands then I’m not even sure what the point of including us in those conversations is.

At 70 million and 200-250k a week it’s reasonable and the only reason he can come in to a club even with that wage is the hype, but it’s still only been in the Bundesliga so far. He hasn’t dominated for a number of years yet.

Our highest earner is Salah and VVD and they got their wages off tbe back of their performances at the club. The only player we’ve signed on 200k a week immediately is Thiago and even he could have got more elsewhere or at Bayern if he wanted.

You want players who genuinely want to play for you, yes you compensate them fairly but there’s got to be a line drawn somewhere and your existing wage structure taken in to account.
This. 100%.

cyberman

This is madness. He is a great goalscorer but looks like one of those young players who developed physicaly at a young age and carried it on. Thats why his age isnt a big selling point for me. This could be his prime. Its a mad deal, especially when he is just going through a lean spell and his career isnt long enough that we can put it down to a blip. Was a goal a game for the rest of time realistic? We need to see where it settles.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Think he won't be nowhere near as good outside the Bundasliga. If he goes to City, he will score tons of goals but Danny Ings will score loads of goals up top as well.

This is Raolia greed. In which case, just wait 24 months and Mino will be hawking him across Europe again claiming his player "isn't a slave" and "is outgrowing X club"

UTD_Since_1978

Just checked, if including all competitions (clubs and country), he has now gone 6 games without a goal.
'Bout time he scored then...hopefully knocking City out whilst he's at it, right? :D I mean after all, what are you getting for yer £150m if you can't get the important goals in games that really count instead of notching a couple of goals in league games against average teams???

Robaldo

The fees seem a lot, but so did Mbappe's and that looks fairly reasonable now. Haaland's guaranteed for the absolute top, so I think both he and Dortmund are in a position to be asking for a big payday.

red thru&thru

The fees seem a lot, but so did Mbappe's and that looks fairly reasonable now. Haaland's guaranteed for the absolute top, so I think both he and Dortmund are in a position to be asking for a big payday.
Mbappe's fee seems reasonable? I've debated this before but PSG bought Mbappe & Neymar to deliver them the CL...neither of them have!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't agree with the price being quoted but you watch how Cavani played today vs how City play and their tactics - it just looks obvious who the best team to join out of the two.

Would have liked to see him join us before he joined dortmund to get him at a good price and be surprised at his disposal rather than feel sometimes let down over by such a big price even if it only happens rarely.

red thru&thru

I think Madrid or City would probably stump up 200m if it meant PSG would sell (Madrid's ability to fund this might have been affected by Covid)...
Mbappe's current contract ends in 2022. If he wants to leave, no one will pay 200m this season and won't need to next season.

Even so, Covid-19 has changed football economics for the foreseeable future. I doubt in Mbappe's life time as a player, any club will spent the amount on another player, that PSG spent on him!

SAFMUTD

I think the transfer fee bit has nothing to do with Raiola as that's is decided by BvB, but he'll negotiate wages for Haaland, the story is from Mirror so of course you should take it with huge pinch of salt.
No one is paying that much for him. Not even half of that. 300-350k per week would be a great deal for him at this point.

OmarUnited4ever

No one is paying that much for him. Not even half of that. 300-350k per week would be a great deal for him at this point.
I doubt he'll get anything near 300-350, KdB (29 yo) is rumored to be on 350k a week with his new contract, and that is a player who's been very successful in EPL and considered among the best ever to play in PL, Haaland will be a new comer in PL, no way he gets KdB money right out of the gate, even with Raiola negotiation, but perhaps Madrid, Barca & PSG would pay him the 300K or more wages if he goes to them.

Mr Smith

This is all bluster from Raiola. No one can afford to pay Haaland 1m per week and he knows it. Plus it means when he's negotiating, exuberant wages are going to seem almost reasonable by comparison. Hate the guy all you want (I do), but he knows what he's doing.

SinNombre

Raiola will get his 1m/week if Haaland moves in 2022.

The savings of 75m in transfer fees will be sent to Haaland, his father and the pizza man

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Really? How?
They won't make a profit on the fee given he has one year left, but he's more than made up for it in jersey sales and commercial revenues. It was an incredibly risky gamble for PSG, and while the goal of winning the CL hasn't happened, you won't find too many in Paris who regret putting out that money for an 18 years old Mbappe. I'm not as convinced by Haaland being worth that kind of money, and I'm definitely not buying the 1m/week stories, no way they would demand that.

OleGunnar20

Stay away, not worth the circus. Develop Greenwood up top with Sancho off the right i say.

Lee565

Stay away, not worth the circus. Develop Greenwood up top with Sancho off the right i say.
This I think I would prefer kane as he doesn't come with the media circus that will revolve around haaland and rioala, I can see haaland moving many times in his career with rioala milking his new cash cow as much as possible with transfer deals

EngimaMK

I don't want the lad despite the fact I'm pretty certain he'll end up class. He and his agent seem insufferable and bring a while circus of bullshit with them. Keep clear.

red thru&thru

They won't make a profit on the fee given he has one year left, but he's more than made up for it in jersey sales and commercial revenues. It was an incredibly risky gamble for PSG, and while the goal of winning the CL hasn't happened, you won't find too many in Paris who regret putting out that money for an 18 years old Mbappe. I'm not as convinced by Haaland being worth that kind of money, and I'm definitely not buying the 1m/week stories, no way they would demand that.
A club like PSG don't really worry about making money back on a player. It's all about winning for them. I agree, they won't regret the signing of Mbappe for the fee, however, they wouldn't have achieved what they would have set out to in winning the CL.

RedDevilzFox

I don't think Raiola helps his clients at all with statements like that. Players should switch to someone sane who doesn't burn bridges. They will still be able to get what they want.

-Supreme-

Agreed. However I'd say Sancho's natural position will end up on the left side with him being right footed, but having a winger that covers both sides of the pitch is a big bonus as we also need someone to challenge /rotate Rashford's position too.

SprintTriathlon

I do not think money is his first concern now, and as he is a winning and football maniac, I think he is able to tell Raiola off to go where he wants without financial concerns. About his supposed release clause, Jan Åge Fjørtoft (a main Norwegian journalist and former pro playing in Germany) well says "I hear they say it is 75mill Euro but from what I understand it is more than that."

Ace Krampus

I do not think money is his first concern now, and as he is a winning and football maniac, I think he is able to tell Raiola off to go where he wants without financial concerns. About his supposed release clause, Jan Åge Fjørtoft (a main Norwegian journalist and former pro playing in Germany) well says "I hear they say it is 75mill Euro but from what I understand it is more than that."
Maybe. I mean whatever team pays to get him and then pays him whatever insane wages he'll want, they better be a striker away from sustained domestic and continental success because it'll severely impact the ability to keep adding talent around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.