Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Why would Haaland choose to go to a club which is known to be a death to most strikers. Werner went from a gunshot to a tame rabbit in the matter of months. Why would he choose to stall his career for a “good” at best club like Chelsea, when he can join one of the greater teams in Europe who are known to bring legendary status to strikers? Why bother playing Russian roulette with his young career? He wont join them, willing to bet on it.

Strelok

I bought Haaland for £120m on Football Manager and can confirm he's very very good.

55 goals in 38 games in his first season.

No more discussion needed. Ole, do your thing.
I bought him for £65m I think in the second season. Confirm he's fecking good. 4x goals in like 2x games first season. Then I asked him to fire that fat fecker first chance I got :devil:

He stayed for like 11,12 seasons and won about 10 Ballon d'Or if my memory serves me right.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Why would Haaland choose to go to a club which is known to be a death to most strikers. Werner went from a gunshot to a tame rabbit in the matter of months. Why would he choose to stall his career for a “good” at best club like Chelsea, when he can join one of the greater teams in Europe who are known to bring legendary status to strikers? Why bother playing Russian roulette with his young career? He wont join them, willing to bet on it.
They just won the champions league.

ThemanGiggsy

Are we sure we want to deal with Raiola again? surely he will try make a move to Spain after a couple years with us.

Coops73

Sell one circus, buy another.
This all day.

No player that signs with a cnut like Raiola has any intention of staying put at a club, which is fine, no one is saying you have to stay if you’re not happy but the disrespect and contempt he he shows for those clubs that pay his clients wages is not on and if his clients allow him to speak so publicly like he does about whichever club, shows they have very little respect for the fans and for me that’s how I see Pogba.

He’s the agent that gets you the move to boost yours and his bank balance and to some on here that’s fine, they’d sell their souls for the next big thing but not fecking me, we need to stay away from Raiola and his client’s whoever they may be.

macheda14

This all day.

No player that signs with a cnut like Raiola has any intention of staying put at a club, which is fine, no one is saying you have to stay if you’re not happy but the disrespect and contempt he he shows for those clubs that pay his clients wages is not on and if his clients allow him to speak so publicly like he does about whichever club, shows they have very little respect for the fans and for me that’s how I see Pogba.

He’s the agent that gets you the move to boost yours and his bank balance and to some on here that’s fine, they’d sell their souls for the next big thing but not fecking me, we need to stay away from Raiola and his client’s whoever they may be.
I agree but partly don’t. If we had gotten an incredible on form pogba for the time he was here and then he moved on, then great we have a fantastic player for a few years. If we get Haaland in for three years and he transfers his Dortmund form and then leaves, great we had an incredible goal scorer for three years. But also feck Raiola

Handré1990

This all day.

I always find it amusing when people talk about him like he’s some sort of mind controlling supervillain. Have you heard a lot of noise surrounding Haaland? As far as I know he has only said Dortmund don’t want to sell this season, and that Haaland is content. Is it easier to think fotballers are mindless drones?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I always find it amusing when people talk about him like he’s some sort of mind controlling supervillain. Have you heard a lot of noise surrounding Haaland? As far as I know he has only said Dortmund don’t want to sell this season, and that Haaland is content. Is it easier to think fotballers are mindless drones?
Umm…He literally went on a very public tour across Europe during a pandemic whoring his client out to the highest bidder.

Coops73

His old man and Raiola just whored him around half of Europe.

Handré1990

How do you know it’s about a transfer this season? His release clause is public knowledge. It’s pure conjecture on your part. Your insecurity is so tiring. If he comes here, he won’t have a release clause. It looks like the Bosman rule will play a larger part in the future of football, so it shouldn’t be about 10 years service, but about what we get from the player while he’s ours. Just my opinion of course.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They just won the champions league.
I never understand this reasoning. Usually once clubs win it they don’t win it again for a long time unless you’re madrid or barca.

Why would you join a club when they’ve just won it? surely now is the time to avoid them ;)

Coops73

How do you know it’s about a transfer this season? His release clause is public knowledge. It’s pure conjecture on your part. Your insecurity is so tiring. If he comes here, he won’t have a release clause. It looks like the Bosman rule will play a larger part in the future of football, so it shouldn’t be about 10 years service, but about what we get from the player while he’s ours. Just my opinion of course.
And it’s pure conjecture on your part. Your naivety is so tiring but you’re probably right he won’t have a release clause he’ll just have Raiola bad mouthing the club publicly to get what he and his client wants….or maybe not but why take the risk? I’d say the odds are stacked against you if history is anything to go by.

dinostar77

Dont think Utd will deal with Riola never mind give him a £30mil commission after we lose/have to sell Pogba.), no thanks to him.

Dominos

Maybe because he's not a superstitious nutjob? Why would he care if some of Chelsea's previous strikers have flopped, it's nothing to do with him, he trusts his own ability and they're European champions. You think he's going be sat across Chelsea's officials saying "I'm sorry I'll have to reject your offer, your club has a curse running through it resulting in bad luck for all your strikers".

Valencia Shin Crosses

I agree but partly don’t. If we had gotten an incredible on form pogba for the time he was here and then he moved on, then great we have a fantastic player for a few years. If we get Haaland in for three years and he transfers his Dortmund form and then leaves, great we had an incredible goal scorer for three years. But also feck Raiola
Exactly, I don't give a shit if his agent takes a piss on the badge every match day if Haaland is banging in 40 goals a year for a few years, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Would I like him to be here for almost a decade if we got him? Of course, but footballers like to move a bit more these days anyways in the modern game and it's not like there is another option of his pedigree and age that we could go for instead. It's either him or another young striker from a smaller side (Isak for example).

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Maybe because he's not a superstitious nutjob? Why would he care if some of Chelsea's previous strikers have flopped, it's nothing to do with him, he trusts his own ability and they're European champions. You think he's going be sat across Chelsea's officials saying "I'm sorry I'll have to reject your offer, your club has a curse running through it resulting in bad luck for all your strikers".
What does superstition have anything to do with this? Chelsea have never relied on a striker, they have always relied on their midfielders. Over the past years youve had Frank Lampard blasting 20 shots per game trying to score instead of creating for midfielders. Eden Hazard was the focal point of Chelsea for 7 years, relied to create and score. It is a strikers graveyard indeed, because they do not use strikers as a focal point of their team.
Chelsea have had brilliant midfielders who smash in loads of goals. Dont forget that theyve had Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Willian who were always greedy and relied to score more then the strikers. Even Defensive Midfielder Ramires got plenty of goals. This is why Drogba was able to do so good, a target man. He held the ball up for the attacking midfielders to catch up and yes score goals himself because at the end of the day, its Drogba.

Womp

idiot
What does superstition have anything to do with this? Chelsea have never relied on a striker, they have always relied on their midfielders. Over the past years youve had Frank Lampard blasting 20 shots per game trying to score instead of creating for midfielders. Eden Hazard was the focal point of Chelsea for 7 years, relied to create and score. It is a strikers graveyard indeed, because they do not use strikers as a focal point of their team.
Chelsea have had brilliant midfielders who smash in loads of goals. Dont forget that theyve had Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Willian who were always greedy and relied to score more then the strikers. Even Defensive Midfielder Ramires got plenty of goals. This is why Drogba was able to do so good, a target man. He held the ball up for the attacking midfielders to catch up and yes score goals himself because at the end of the day, its Drogba.
Might blow your mind, but there's this guy who goes by the name of Didier, wasn't a bad player tbf

Dominos

There's nothing in Chelsea's DNA that says they don't rely on their strikers. It depends on whoever the manager is at the time, and who the players are in the squad and whether they're performing. Drogba and Costa have had seasons scoring plenty of goals. I don't think Haaland will be in any danger of telling Tuchel "we know how this goes, you're going to sign me, one of the best goalscorers on the planet, and then you're going to try get the midfielders to score all the goals instead of me because that's what Chelsea do. I'll have to decline your offer".

Ranchero

If Chelsea are sniffing for £130m why are we not in there. His value as a youngster can only go up, so it is an investment IMO. It isn't a priority for strengthening, for sure, but when a player of his quality is available if we have any ambition at all we should be sniffing. But he wouldn't even come here before he went to Dortmund, and Ole knows him.

sp_107

Are we sure we want to deal with Raiola again? surely he will try make a move to Spain after a couple years with us.
We can tell him to leave Riola if he wants to come to us or we just move on to other target, for the god sake we are one the biggest club in the world so better we act like one.

sp_107

If he goes to chelsea can he become someone like Shevchenko / Torres / Werner OR he can be their Drogba? Interesting to see that

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If he goes to chelsea can he become someone like Shevchenko / Torres / Werner OR he can be their Drogba? Interesting to see that
I don't think he will leave Dortmund this season. If he comes to chelsea then tuchel s main job will be play total team to his strengths.Tuchel can say good bye to his job if haaland flops. :lol:

Lynty

I think we could be in a great position to sign him next season if we win a trophy.

And what a time for him to move, with all the top sides needing a number 9. He'll go to the team looking most likely to dominate the next 5 years and be their main man. Route to a Balon'dor couldn't be easier for him (though the same could have been said for Neymar, and he bizarrely chose Paris)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Give him a season to realise just how much he misses Jadon, then we’ll use that to our advantage as we trigger his release clause. God I totally get why Dortmund fans hate us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Give him a season to realise just how much he misses Jadon, then we’ll use that to our advantage as we trigger his release clause. God I totally get why Dortmund fans hate us.
Even more when we get Bellingham the year after :lol:

JohnnyLaw

Sanchos reply;
”A connection like no other, we will soon meet again brother. Take care and good luck to you to❤

Don’t worry, it won’t be long lads!:drool::wenger:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Sounds like Haaland is moving to Chelsea and is looking forward to seeing Sancho twice a year.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sounds like Haaland is moving to United and is looking forward to seeing Sancho twice a day.

croadyman

We can tell him to leave Riola if he wants to come to us or we just move on to other target, for the god sake we are one the biggest club in the world so better we act like one.
How I would love him and his old man to feck Raiola off but never gonna happen in a million years, so if we don't want any more dealings with this motor mouth then will need to look elsewhere to replace Edi next summer

worldinmotion66

Exactly, I don't give a shit if his agent takes a piss on the badge every match day if Haaland is banging in 40 goals a year for a few years, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Would I like him to be here for almost a decade if we got him? Of course, but footballers like to move a bit more these days anyways in the modern game and it's not like there is another option of his pedigree and age that we could go for instead. It's either him or another young striker from a smaller side (Isak for example).
Footballers move to win trophies. When we were winning things, we had a lot of loyal players. Now City are dominant, they've had loyal servants. Winning is everything. A season or two without a trophy and we'll start losing our better players too.

If Haaland came to united and scored 40 a season, we'd most likely be winning things and he probably wouldn't need to agitate for a move.

Bertie 2 Hats

I'm hoping Haaland has a pretty poor season... and all the 'experts' put it down to Sancho no longer being his wingman... We would then hopefully be in a slighter stronger position to sign him next season due to him not being able to fully function without our Jadon.. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.