Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Only three teams in january able to sign him as per reports. Man utd,man city and chelsea. Utd and city didn't have strikers but having bad reputation with raiola. Chelsea just signed Lukaku.

Probably he will wait and signs for bayern in my opinion.Real barca and juve also will come for him in summer window I think.

Boavista

I do not know how his clause is written. I can say that Werner was a release clause and they were still in the knockout stage. It was his choice to continue in Bundesliga or join us immediately. He chose to join us immediately. Not sure if this is an apples to apples comparison?
A release clause will have a date attached in the contract by when it has to be triggered, and when the release becomes valid.
Werner's situation was just different because that date under normal circumstances would have been after the season ended. He was only given the choice by Chelsea, because Leipzig's season hadn't ended yet due to the pandemic. Any other season his season would have already ended by then anyway.

Artimities

This is the one signing I want the most. More than anything in the last few years. Haland's up side is sooooooo good.
It makes since that we will go hard for him if we can. Cavanni will likely leave after this season. Martial could easily as well. That opens the door for what we need.
It will be interesting to see what we do without Ed Woodward.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
With Harry Kane now off the table, it's safe to say Man City will go all-in for Haaland next year

Hal9000

Imagine if we lose out on him because we refused to get a half decent holding midfielder
Refused... i think it's been clear we want one we just can't shift players out to raise funds. RW and new CB have been higher on the list. Striker and DM next season.

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea backed off signing him because he’s asking for €1m per week wages; and Raiola’s asking for an agent’s fee of €50m.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Chelsea backed off signing him because he’s asking for €1m per week wages; and Raiola’s asking for an agent’s fee of €50m.
Has anyone even got close to those wages before?

I want him here but I wouldn't be sad if we also backed off of him for this type of reason.

Nero

So many are obsessed in predicting a player is nailed on for a rival club.

The predictions happen all the time. The reality rarely conforms.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't think they'll get that anywhere to be honest.
If he comes to Manchester United I think he will command about £400-450k a week, and that is a number that makes me uneasy already.

He won't get 1 million euro weekly, PL clubs won't shatter their wage structure like the La Liga giants did.

bosskeano

If he comes to Manchester United I think he will command about £400-450k a week, and that is a number that makes me uneasy already.

He won't get 1 million euro weekly, PL clubs won't shatter their wage structure like the La Liga giants did.
given his age and his ability 400K a week is easily what he'll command or better yet Mino will. The issue with that again is his age as his renewal contract will then push him towards the 500k a week rate which i don't think any club will want to pay after seeing what has happened at Barca with Messi

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
So you'd rather we not have Pogba all these years?
Rather because of the circus Raiola has surrounded Pogba with all these year. I'm not in a hurry for a repeat. Raiola is the kind who will engineer a free transfer for Halaand after 5 seasons. Even if you gave his client the 50m a year he is demanding

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Rather because of the circus Raiola has surrounded Pogba with all these year. I'm not in a hurry for a repeat. Raiola is the kind who will engineer a free transfer for Halaand after 5 seasons. Even if you gave his client the 50m a year he is demanding
I'd take 5 years of Haaland if he want to leave after 5 years tbh. We put up with Ronaldo and his drama just fine. In fact i think most of the fan base would happily have his transfer drama every summer if it meant we got to keep one of the goats in our team for a few more years at his peak.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Knowing us, we will be trying to start the process of thinking of bidding for him in January after Xmas. By the time, City would have thrown loads of cash
Oh yeah that sounds just like United! As referenced by… umm…

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

I want him here but I wouldn't be sad if we also backed off of him for this type of reason.
Messi, Cristiano and Neymar all above that. Mbappé seemingly turned that down from PSG, and if he leaves on a free next year will get that from real madrid too

Griezmann, and apparently Pique both close

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Messi, Cristiano and Neymar all above that. Mbappé seemingly turned that down from PSG, and if he leaves on a free next year will get that from real madrid too

Oh right. I had hear 600k a week for Messi but I don't follow wages alot.

I'm not sure if 1 million would be acceptable here at United - however if Greizmann and Pique are earning it; it suddenly doesn't seem the worst thing in the world either.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Bartomeu :annoyed:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Nahh, griezmann is less than half of that, and Pique took a wage cut recently so he definitely wont be anywhere near. De Jong is their highest earner who again doesnt reach half of that amount.

Obscene money to pay if stories are true, especially when he hasn't done anything significant (ie contributing heavily to winning trophies). Very impressive scoring stats, but anyone would be a fool to pay more than £300k a week at such a young age

NewYorkRed

Nahh, griezmann is less than half of that, and Pique took a wage cut recently so he definitely wont be anywhere near. De Jong is their highest earner who again doesnt reach half of that amount.

Obscene money to pay if stories are true, especially when he hasn't done anything significant (ie contributing heavily to winning trophies). Very impressive scoring stats, but anyone would be a fool to pay more than £300k a week at such a young age
That’s not how it works though, is it? A player is worth what a team is willing to pay, and many, many teams will be willing to pay him crazy money to play for them. We absolutely have to be in the mix for him, imo he’s a much bigger talent than Mbappe.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Griezmann was by all reports on €20M after tax. Pique just slashed his wages in half, and that allowed them to register new players...

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea

Messi was getting €120m a year at Barcelona, which is one of the reasons they are in such a bad state. Read that Griezmann is on €800k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.