Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blund

It looks like RM and perhaps Juve are our top contenders. Even Bayern might dig deep to get him, but there are rumors about him dreaming of PL. And we even got the Theater of Dreams. Sancho will tell him how much better it is to play for United than City. Varane will tell him why United is better than RM. Juve will tell him "we can only afford £150k p/w".
I want Haaland 2022. And a deal on Bellingham in 2023. :D

Real need a replacement for Benzema. I'd love to see them pick up Icardi or Silva in January.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Seeing as his release clause isn’t active until the end of the season and Dortmund have refused anyone talking to Haaland this season I don’t believe it at all, with the salary caps coming into affect and Madrid already in financial trouble yet desperate for Mbappe I believe it even less.

On a free Mbappe will easily get at least £500K a week plus a signing on fee that’ll probably shatter all before him then there’s agents fees. I know Bale’s contract is up in the summer but Mbappe will basically take those if not more on a free, I don’t see Haaland going to Spain until his mid to late 20’s so 4-5 years as it’s an easier league physically.
Are they though? I keep hearing conflicting reports.

croadyman

Confident we will put in the ground work for him over this season but whether it works remains to be seen

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Didn't Mbappe want to be the main man at Madrid? Wouldn't signing Haaland conflict with that?
That’s the way I see it. Mbappe is a diva imo and needs to be the main man. It would be awkward when someone whom is better than his is scoring more goals than him for the same team. Can’t see it for that reason. As someone pointed out, Haaland won’t be as selfless as Benzema was to Ronaldo and vice versa. I don’t really see how they have room for both.

davidmichael

Are they though? I keep hearing conflicting reports.
Last thing I read which was consistently reported across the board was Real were €900 million in debt which is three quarters of Barca’s €1.2 billion debt and with the salary cap coming in the two big Spanish clubs are in trouble financially, they also spent a load on the stadium didn't they ?

Perez came out and said they can’t make signings which is why to my knowledge only Alaba has come in on a free and Ramos, Varane and Odegaard have all gone. I honestly believe that outside of Bayern and PSG we’re about to see English clubs dominate the CL and Spanish clubs are going to go into a major slump like the Italian clubs did a few years back.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yes a Mino Raiola client would absoluetely agree to join a club in financial difficulties and just ignore the inevitable bidding war that will follow the enabling of the players release clause.

If Haaland has another monster season, he can command stupid money.

I'm sure that Real Madrid and Dortmund have an arrangement that they will pay the release clause. But so will literally every club with a bigboy bank account.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Last thing I read which was consistently reported across the board was Real were €900 million in debt which is three quarters of Barca’s €1.2 billion debt and with the salary cap coming in the two big Spanish clubs are in trouble financially, they also spent a load on the stadium didn't they ?

Perez came out and said they can’t make signings which is why to my knowledge only Alaba has come in on a free and Ramos, Varane and Odegaard have all gone. I honestly believe that outside of Bayern and PSG we’re about to see English clubs dominate the CL and Spanish clubs are going to go into a major slump like the Italian clubs did a few years back.
https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/...l-year-with-a-positive-result-of-874000-euros

THE CLUB GOES FROM HAVING A NET DEBT OF €240 MILLION IN THE 2019/20 SEASON TO €46 MILLION IN THE 2020/21 SEASON (DEBT/EBITDA RATIO 0.3X).
THE CLUB HAS EQUITY AMOUNTING TO €534 MILLION AND CASH OF €122 MILLION AS OF 30 JUNE 2021.

Perez is a genius managing the finance of real madrid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/...l-year-with-a-positive-result-of-874000-euros

THE CLUB GOES FROM HAVING A NET DEBT OF €240 MILLION IN THE 2019/20 SEASON TO €46 MILLION IN THE 2020/21 SEASON (DEBT/EBITDA RATIO 0.3X).
THE CLUB HAS EQUITY AMOUNTING TO €534 MILLION AND CASH OF €122 MILLION AS OF 30 JUNE 2021.

Perez is a genius managing the finance of real madrid.
I thought they were skint hence why they were so desperate for the super league? something doesn’t quite add up.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That’s the way I see it. Mbappe is a diva imo and needs to be the main man. It would be awkward when someone whom is better than his is scoring more goals than him for the same team. Can’t see it for that reason. As someone pointed out, Haaland won’t be as selfless as Benzema was to Ronaldo and vice versa. I don’t really see how they have room for both.
They can play together no problem, although I don’t think either of them would want to play on the same team as they’re competing against one another, or at least Haaland is with Mbappé. Also, I don’t know where the diva thing comes from, Mbappé now seems to have the media against him and he’s portrayed all kinds of ways, especially since he’s decided to not sign an extension. And finally, I don’t see Haaland as the superior player, definitely Mbappé doesn’t either, so there wouldn’t be an issue with him coming to play together because Mbappé doesn’t play as a CF and yet has similar output in G+A with Haaland, and Haaland is not as selfish as you make him out to be. Benzema with CR7 was an anomaly where Benzema really was at his service, Haaland won’t get to that level, but he’s shown many times unselfishness in getting the better positioned player the ball when he could have had a go at goal himself. I think they’d be devastating together, but as others pointed out, financially it doesn’t seem doable without severely affecting the rebuilding of other positions needed for the team to succeed during those two’s contracts.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I thought they were skint hence why they were so desperate for the super league? something doesn’t quite add up.
It doesn't add up because the assumpiton of Real Madrid being skint was wrong from the beginning. Even Tebas, who everyone can tell hates Real Madrid, has been saying how Real Madrid has been the best club dealing with the finances amongst the issues caused by the pandemic; he even said that when Perez was talking about clubs being in trouble because of the pandemic he wasn't including Real Madrid within those clubs.

So we're still not in the same situation of PSG but the team hasn't been spending and has been selling players and everything points out the club will attempt to get one of (maybe both) Mbappe/Haaland this season or the next one. If Haaland really wants to play here I'm sure there isn't going to be a problem about his wages or a transfer fee.

Ideally I'd prefer to get Haaland this very season so he can play alongside Benzema and maybe learn a thing or two about him and in a best case scenario we have both Mbappe and Haaland next season I don't think there's going to be any trouble to play them both.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
In that with the release clause, there's no need to negotiate with BVB anyway so that's not a problem

But the fact that the Spanish guy would word it like that ("agreement with BVB" when there's no agreement needed) makes it sound like random BS

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Real Madrid and PSG are adapting to the new era of the transfer market, which players are running down the contracts and leave for free, and also ask for big contract to renew with current club. Real Madrid is selling players to get the money while they still can. Only the EPL clubs are still spending millions, and even 100m on player transfer. Depay joined Barcelona for free and for a 2 year contract only. Only Kane and his advisor will sign a 6 year contract without release clause.

"Bayern Munich have reached an agreement to extend Joshua Kimmich’s contract until 2026 with hugely increased wages. Kimmich will eclipse Thomas Muller and is set to be second only to Robert Lewandowski in the club’s salary hierarchy.

Apparently, Kimmich negotiated this entire contract himself, without the need for an agent — a lawyer will only be needed to read the final contract once it’s done."

Clubs now need to pay big money to renew contract. Goretzka is not yet official extended yet and can walk end of next season. This may explain why Real Madrid are willing to sell Varane. They may not want to tie him up with big wages.

Last edited:

GBBQ

It looks like RM and perhaps Juve are our top contenders. Even Bayern might dig deep to get him, but there are rumors about him dreaming of PL. And we even got the Theater of Dreams. Sancho will tell him how much better it is to play for United than City. Varane will tell him why United is better than RM. Juve will tell him "we can only afford £150k p/w".
I want Haaland 2022. And a deal on Bellingham in 2023. :D

Real need a replacement for Benzema. I'd love to see them pick up Icardi or Silva in January.
The cost of Haaland (matched with his age and current and potential ability) means a lot of clubs will find a way to pay that transfer fee. It’ll come down to what he feels is best for his career (wages don’t seem to bother him as much as being where he will play most) and while I think our glaring lack of out and out strikers (post Cavani) makes us a good choice, I think most big clubs bar PSG are lacking in that department.

dinostar77

Perez is gonna suprise alot of people and pull off Mbappe and Haaland next summer. Mbappe has said he wants to continue to play off the left so that leaves the central striker role open for haaland.

The deathnail of spainish football is greatly exaggerated.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Perez is gonna suprise alot of people and pull off Mbappe and Haaland next summer. Mbappe has said he wants to continue to play off the left so that leaves the central striker role open for haaland.

The deathnail of spainish football is greatly exaggerated.
Real Madrid is doing house cleaning to create more room for wages that is for sure. Odegaard, Ceballos are not registered and on the market. Bale is gone next season. Jovic probably will be sold if there is a buyer.

Kaos

If we do end up missing out on Haaland, who do you think we'll go for instead? Attempt another Cavani like signing with Lewandowski? Extend Cavani himself for an additional year? (Assuming he kills it this season). Kane if he's still at Spuds? Dare I say Mbappe even?

Adam-Utd

If we do end up missing out on Haaland, who do you think we'll go for instead? Attempt another Cavani like signing with Lewandowski? Extend Cavani himself for an additional year? (Assuming he kills it this season). Kane if he's still at Spuds? Dare I say Mbappe even?
martial and greenwood will do for now, we’ve got the 2 academy boys doing well too so they could step up.

not a huge amount of lethal young strikers around at the moment but in 2 years i’m sure things will change.

IrishMcD

So Madrid could end up with Camavinga and Mbappe on frees and Haaland for reduced fee next summer? Feck sake

Kaos

So Madrid could end up with Camavinga and Mbappe on frees and Haaland for reduced fee next summer? Feck sake
Yep, they seem to have adopted the Bayern approach to doing transfer business, and to be fair they need to considering their current financial situation.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Kaos

martial and greenwood will do for now, we’ve got the 2 academy boys doing well too so they could step up.

not a huge amount of lethal young strikers around at the moment but in 2 years i’m sure things will change.
Unless Martial has an absolute freak of a season, I don't see him being trusted any longer as a no.9 in the long term. Greenwood is obviously a talent, but Ole himself has said there's no guarantee he'd be operating as a no.9 going forward. I think its a given we'll be looking to sign a proven CF next summer, just not entirely clear which one yet.

As for there being a shortage of young lethal strikers as you put it - perhaps thats the case, but who says anything about a young striker? I think the manager wants to sign someone who will be our talisman, near-guaranteeing 25 goals a season. Even someone like Lewandowski could fit the bill going by his ongoing goalscoring form. We have plenty of young attacking players anyway, so it doesn't hurt to mix in some experience - just look at the effect Cavani has seemingly had on Greenwood's all-round play.

bosskeano

If Haaland goes to madrid alongside Mbappe and Camavinga on free transfers, that would be one of the best transfer windows in history

UncleBob

If Haaland goes to madrid alongside Mbappe and Camavinga on free transfers, that would be one of the best transfer windows in history
"free transfers"

But it wouldn't surprise me if that's going to be the future, more and more running down contracts

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Now that I think about it, what's to prevent him from having yet another release clause in his new team's contract? As far as I know, those don't exist in English football.

Adam-Utd

@Kaos Obviously it's not the long term plan, but Martial is good enough to be a backup/rotation option when Cavani leaves. If we can't get Haaland there isn't a great deal of choice out there.

Kaos

Now that I think about it, what's to prevent him from having yet another release clause in his new team's contract? As far as I know, those don't exist in English football.
Eh? They've always existed. Heck even Roy Keane managed to negotiate one in his contract when he signed for us from Forest all those years ago.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Grealish?
It did sound like it, but from I could gather listening to the Villa CEO, it could possibly have been that fabled 'gentleman's agreement' as well. It was a great offer, for both player and club.

On another note, Madrid does not attract them because of prestige. They pay more and promise more. That's it, that's all there is to it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
As for Haaland, what is stopping city to tell Levy to feck off and just pay the 175 for haaland?
Because that won't be enough. Those 175m would go to Dortmund. Team Haaland wouldn't get a slice of the cake, that's why they'd rather wait until next year and leave on their own terms.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Haaland has a very good agent that works for his clients only, that is for sure. His agent stands firm against the big clubs.

"Raiola told The Athletic: “With Mr Ferguson or [Pep] Guardiola, I have this problem — and I think that it is changing now — that (they believe) we should submit to them because ‘otherwise, tomorrow, you don’t do a player with Manchester United’.

“I don’t give a f*ck if I never do another player with Manchester United. I’m not in their hands. I’m independent. We have only one party that we take care of: our players. And as long as our players like us, you do what you have to do.”

MadMike

Lewa is contracted till 2023. It'll take some steep decline from him this season for Bayern to consider him letting him go on a free a year earlier.

The answer you are looking is in front of you. If Haaland goes to Real then Benzema, 34 next summer and out of contract, would be ideal to come to the Prem for a season or two to provide depth and experience to our attack.

Kaos

@Kaos Obviously it's not the long term plan, but Martial is good enough to be a backup/rotation option when Cavani leaves. If we can't get Haaland there isn't a great deal of choice out there.
Perhaps not, but its hard to project what the situation will be like next summer. If Kane stays at Spurs one more season with a gentlemans agreement (lulz) that he'd definitely, absolutely, pinky promise be allowed to leave next summer, then I'd expect us to try and go for him. Lewandowski himself said he wants a new challenge, so that's possibly another option assuming Bayern respect his wishes and allow him to leave. Then there's also the possibility of low profile strikers who might have breakthrough seasons in this campaign too who might pique ours, and other club's interest.

I agree in that there isn't currently a huge pool of world class strikers to recruit from, but that's not to say there won't be a couple of feasible targets next season we can go for.

Kaos

Lewa is contracted till 2023. It'll take some steep decline from him this season for Bayern to consider him letting him go on a free a year earlier.

The answer you are looking is in front of you. If Haaland goes to Real then Benzema, 34 next summer and out of contract, would be ideal to come to the Prem for a season or two to provide depth and experience to our attack.
I wasn't suggesting he could be gotten on a free, but perhaps Bayern could be tempted out of respect for his servitude to the club to leave for a respectable fee. Unlikely I know, but if the player is vocal about wanting a new challenge then they could possibly entertain it. Currently they're valuing him at around £100million (which is absurd given his age), but perhaps a smaller albeit respectable bid, coupled to their club legend's sincere wishes to have one last go at a big league might tempt them to oblige his wishes.

I was going to bring up Schweinsteiger as an example of when the club respected one of their legend's wishes to leave, but in hindsight I best not :lol:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I wasn't suggesting he could be gotten on a free, but perhaps Bayern could be tempted out of respect for his servitude to the club to leave for a respectable fee. Unlikely I know, but if the player is vocal about wanting a new challenge then they could possibly entertain it. Currently they're valuing him at around £100million (which is absurd given his age), but perhaps a smaller albeit respectable bid, coupled to their club legend's sincere wishes to have one last go at a big league might tempt them to oblige his wishes.

I was going to bring up Schweinsteiger as an example of when the club respected one of their legend's wishes to leave, but in hindsight I best not :lol:
For striker, Mbappe, Dybala, C. Ronaldo, Lacazette, Benzema, Bale and Suarez are available for free next summer.

bosskeano

"free transfers"

But it wouldn't surprise me if that's going to be the future, more and more running down contracts
i think you'll start seeing more and more of it with the bigger players especially if they don't get the contracts that they want. I do believe it will be more about the foreign player who is playing outside his country where this will become a trend. Maybe also the guys who have shown to develop more and be a bit more ambitious than the club they are playing for at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.