Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

stepic

If clubs can get him for a discounted fee, then he probably deserves a larger wage. Because without that clause he’s a £150m player surely

NewYorkRed

He is the player that would take any team up a level- but especially us. Should do whatever it takes to get him, we can worry about if he wants to go to madrid/barca after 2-3 titles and 4 years.

RUCK4444

I hope we are doing everything we possibly can to tempt him.

Offering the right money, selling the right vision and plan for the team, using Ole's link. You name it.

Make it as attractive a proposition as possible.

In some ways it helps if Kane goes to City as he fills the gap there, with Lukaku going to Chelsea, Liverpool are pretty stacked but would want him. We have the perfect spot opening for him to slot straight in, hopefully we really push on this season and make it more and more tempting a proposition for him. He's a game changer in this league for whoever gets him.

Redcy

Fair enough, I get the point, I just don't quite get from where exactly you get the certain feeling that needing to play in many leagues is Haaland's "view", or what he "would want"? Has he ever said anything like that? Or are you deducing it from his dad's and Raiola's agressive and public playing the field (which would be a reasonable deduction, of course)?
Yes, my view is that based on what his reps seem to be doing that his view is that he needs to move outside of the German league, it is not a slight on Bayern, and if he feels his legacy can be best met with Bayern then I could see no reason he wouldn't stay. However his PR and hawking around Europe suggests the plan is to move on, and my view is that wherever he goes next he probably won't stay there either. I think he might stay four or five years next and then try to cement his place in history by playing in multiple leagues. Maybe he will move away and if Bayern look dominant he would go back to them. I don't think Haaland has a plan to be a long term club man, which fits well with Raiola.

Nickelodeon

The future of transfers?
The present of transfers. We did it with De Gea. The cost of signing his replacement was partially covered in his contract extension which is why he got 375k or whatever is the final number. See Alaba, Herrera, Ramsey and many more similar players who, particularly for the latter two, are getting numbers which they might not have done had a transfer fee been involved. And Pogba (hopefully not) next year might be another one to join the bandwagon.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
To play for a club with history and traditional values.
I was going to say 'you must be new around here' and by here I mean football but that's kind of obvious.

What I definitely think for Haaaland though is that he needs to go to the PL if he has ambitions of winning 3-4 different leagues in Europe. The PL is a young man's league and he'd be better off doing Spain and Italy later in his career.

fistade

Man United dealt Paul Pogba contract blow but Erling Haaland ‘dreams’ of Prem move

sleepehead

He is the player that would take any team up a level- but especially us. Should do whatever it takes to get him, we can worry about if he wants to go to madrid/barca after 2-3 titles and 4 years.
Yeah with him you know his future selling fee when he wants to eventually move will make up a good portion of what you'll pay him. I honestly don't see him as a guy who's only looking to stay in one team for his whole career

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Its unsustainable. Surely you cant break your whole wage structure for a 21 yr old striker.
Why does age come into it when he’s arguable one of the best and one the most influential players in the world?

If we’re able to afford it and are within ffp then give him what he wants. Players whom score a goal a game don’t come around often.

Highfather_24

Why does age come into it when he’s arguable one of the best and one the most influential players in the world?

If we’re able to afford it and are within ffp then give him what he wants. Players whom score a goal a game don’t come around often.
Age factors into the fact that it means if you start higher, you will have to go even higher during renewals. Usually players in their later years get these bumper contracts. Surely I dont have to explain to you why giving Haaland 500k, would mean others start asking for crazy salaries as well. Wouldnt be long until Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood starts asking for 400k, Bruno for 500k and Shaw for 300k. Whether they deserve that is not the point btw.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Age factors into the fact that it means if you start higher, you will have to go even higher during renewals. Usually players in their later years get these bumper contracts. Surely I dont have to explain to you why giving Haaland 500k, would mean others start asking for crazy salaries as well. Wouldnt be long until Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood starts asking for 400k, Bruno for 500k and Shaw for 300k. Whether they deserve that is not the point btw.
Usually players get these bumper contracts when they’re worth it. Age is hardly a factor when he’s already one of the best players in the world at 21. His ability and marketability dictates the amount that he gets — he’s worth it. If in 2 years time he’s looking a significant pay rise and he’s earned it, then we pay it or someone else will.

If United still have any business at the top table then we have to be signing players of his calibre and rightly or wrongly these players, generational talents, dictate these fees.

If Bruno, Sancho, et al are as good as him and are producing on the pitch then I have absolutely no problem with them asking for a pay rise. This is an absolutely normal occurrence and has happened since forever.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

You're correct there and I certainly hope not. We'd become the next Barcelona handing out bonkers contracts like that.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
absolutely. It can't be any better to start with zero, free. For wages there is no need to look at the output of a player, the demand in the market, only need to look at his age and the impact to the team.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Release clause activates in 2022. I've always heard summer 2022. But just 2022 is very, very different.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He looks fecking good doesn't he. Hope we get him, looks like the kind of player that will be a success wherever he goes.

Nero

Spent most the night getting bullied by the Bayern defenders.

Chief123

Spent most the night getting bullied by the Bayern defenders.
Really? I actually think he’s been a huge threat and they’ve struggled to contain him!

He is an animal. If I was a Dortmund fan it would break my heart to lose Sancho and then know you are about to lose Haaland. It’s like giving a child an ice cream and then taking it away from them after they’ve had a taste of it!

lysglimt

Scout
Really? I actually think he’s been a huge threat and they’ve struggled to contain him!

He is an animal. If I was a Dortmund fan it would break my heart to lose Sancho and then know you are about to lose Haaland. It’s like giving a child an ice cream and then taking it away from them after they’ve had a taste of it!
True but that is their businessmodel - it is what keeps them competitive. For the £150 million they get from these players - they can sign 4-5 new talented players

Powerhouser

Supports
Bayern Munich
The team that gets him is going to win multiple CL titles, unfortunately we have no chance.

He’s improving every game I watch him. His first touch is nearly magnificent and his build up and chance creation play is getting much better.

Some of the first touches tonight were exceptional.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He must be dying to get out of Dortmund constantly playing 2nd fiddle to Bayern & Lewandowski.
You can see how pissed off he looked at the end. No chance he stays at Dortmund. He's off ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.