Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe wants to be Ronaldo’s heir, he’s not going to like it if you also happen to sign Ronaldo’s heir the same year you sign him.
But it doesn't have to be the same year. It would be something like:

Mbappe 2021.
Haaland 2022.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
But it doesn't have to be the same year. It would be something like:

Mbappe 2021.
Haaland 2022.
When isn’t the important bit. You really think Mbappe is going to be happy at Madrid with Haaland leading the line banging in goals? It’s not like Ronaldo - Benzema where Benzema sacrifices himself for the team and Ronaldo benefits, Haaland is a pure goal scorer, he’s sticking it in the back of the net, not creating space and opportunities for Mbappe week in week out.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
When isn’t the important bit. You really think Mbappe is going to be happy at Madrid with Haaland leading the line banging in goals? It’s not like Ronaldo - Benzema where Benzema sacrifices himself for the team and Ronaldo benefits, Haaland is a pure goal scorer, he’s sticking it in the back of the net, not creating space and opportunities for Mbappe week in week out.
Maybe he wouldn't be happy (footballers are a rare breed), but that's something that would happen after Haaland joins in 2022, wouldn't it? I mean, in case he joins in 2022.

Andersons Dietician

Every time I watch him score it always blows my mind how terrible the defending is in the bundesliga. There is no doubt he is special but my word the space he is allowed to have. It’s basically just suicide defending.

ForeverRed1

with Cavani leaving we have a huuuuge gap up top. It’s imperative we go all out for him. Sancho and ole might make it more realistic.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I feel really confident that we'll get him next summer and I have no idea why.

Wilt

The thought of Haaland signing for either City, Chelsea or Liverpool, makes me feel physically sick.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The thought of Haaland signing for either City, Chelsea or Liverpool, makes me feel physically sick.
Chelsea is out of the question as they've signed Lukaku. Don't think Liverpool has that kind of finances.

That leaves City as the option. I personally think he's going to Madrid next season.

Danish Wizard

That is why we should get the defensive midfielder this summer.
Then we can focus on the striker (Haaland) next summer. Add a minor signing as well as cover for a position in need. Then we have the squad perfect.

Redcy

You could say this about all Bundesliga stars but when Bayern come calling they usually win. They just got Upemecano and could easily bag Haaland as Lewa replacement. One thing I have realized is we can never accurately judge how players rate other leagues
It's not that I dont think Bayern wouldn't try, nor that he would not go on principle or something, I just think he wants to show career progression and a kind of momentum. Moving to Bayern doesn't make as much sense if you see his context as becoming the worlds best striker. He backs himself as a player, and if he goes to Bayern that means he would have spent 8 years in one league, and he would be leaving Bayern in his mid 20s. I think Haaland would not want to be seen that way, maybe if Bayern were willing to give a 5 year contract with say a £100m sale clause after 3 years you might see him move there, but I don't think Bayern would entertain that.

Genuinely think this lad wants to show himself to be the best and I think he would consider a move to either the PL or La Liga, followed by a move to the other country after. From a timing POV I think it would make more sense to currently go to the PL next year, as la Liga is in a bit of a lull, as are RM. Stay in the PL for 4/5 years before moving on.

I think if he wants to guarantee a move on he would be better picking United rather than City, getting out of City is I think more difficult than leaving United. I have no doubt that if he joins us he would want to leave in 4/5 years to showcase himself in la Liga. I do think we will start to see lots more players doing things like this, especially elite level players.

Wilt

Chelsea is out of the question as they've signed Lukaku. Don't think Liverpool has that kind of finances.

That leaves City as the option. I personally think he's going to Madrid next season.
Have to disagree. He’s seven years younger than Lukaku, and with Abramovich being an admirer I don’t think having already signed Lukaku would stop him trying to sign Haaland.

Fairly sure Liverpool will try to sign him ….don’t see the cost being an issue. And if Klopp is still there, they‘d be in with good chance.

City are obviously in with a massive shout.

Last edited:

Redcy

Have to disagree. He’s seven years younger than Lukaku and with Abramovich being a massive admirer I don’t think having already signed Lukaku would stop him trying to sign Haaland.

Fairly sure Liverpool will try to sign him ….don’t see the cost being an issue. And if Klopp is still there, they‘d be in with good chance.

Liverpool might pay the 60m, they might even extend to 400k a week, although I think that is way outside there structure, but all that and add 50m for fees I just do not see them living with it.

Redcy

Have to disagree. He’s seven years younger than Lukaku and with Abramovich being an admirer I don’t think having already signed Lukaku would stop him trying to sign Haaland.

Agree that Chelsea wont be put off by signing Lukaku nor Kane Chelsea.

Not sure what Klopp has to do with anything really though, unless you some how think he has a specific admiration.

Wilt

Agree that Chelsea wont be put off by signing Lukaku nor Kane Chelsea.

Not sure what Klopp has to do with anything really though, unless you some how think he has a specific admiration.
Not sure if Klopp is an admirer, though I’d be surprised if he wasn’t. It‘s just that I feel while Klopp is still there Liverpool will remain a force.

Redcy

Not sure if Klopp is an admirer, though I’d be surprised if he wasn’t. It‘s just that I feel while Klopp is still there Liverpool will remain a force.
I more meant if Haaland admires Klopp

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have to disagree. He’s seven years younger than Lukaku, and with Abramovich being an admirer I don’t think having already signed Lukaku would stop him trying to sign Haaland.

Why would Haaland go somewhere they've just bought a 100m striker in his position? there's plenty of better options for him.

davidmichael

I don’t see any more major moves for major players anywhere in Europe this summer due to COVID outside of maybe Kane to City so I think next summer Mbappe goes to Real, Haaland comes to us, City would already have Kane, Chelsea would already have Lukaku and then Ronaldo and Pogba go to PSG.

I just don’t see Haaland wanting to stay in Germany to sign for Bayern when he’s already (by then) done two years in Germany and wants to play in England and Spain at his best and Lewandowski has a couple more years left on his contract, Liverpool won’t have the finances unless they sell Salah and Italian teams are only a bit better off financially than Barca who are fecked financially and won’t even be in the running unless they find a lamp that produces a genie when rubbed.

Wilt

Why would Haaland go somewhere they've just bought a 100m striker in his position? there's plenty of better options for him.
My guess …playing alongside Lukaku would probably increase his numbers if anything.

Trying to mark both of them would be a nightmare for the opposition.

Highfather_24

Apparently he wants something like 500k+ in wages?

People talk all the time about the Raiola circus regarding Pogba, so why excuse that for Haaland? Or is it not about Raiola, and just an excuse to hate on Pogba?

Redcy

Have you not ready any of the stuff on here, about 50% of people don't want him because of Ravioli, some of realise that you either learn to accept that some players work with Alioli or you dont bring them on. I think if you read anything about Raoilalaala you will see that he usually only acts on behalf his clients wishes. Will he cajole and pester them, yes, but rarely does anything happen without the players say so.

Chief123

Every time I watch him score it always blows my mind how terrible the defending is in the bundesliga. There is no doubt he is special but my word the space he is allowed to have. It’s basically just suicide defending.
The Bundesliga supporters will tell you the defending is great and it is the same level as the EPL. They are a sensitive bunch.

Chief123

My guess …playing alongside Lukaku would probably increase his numbers if anything.

Haaland and Lukaku in the same team would actually be very unbalanced. I don’t see any harmony between them two as they are very similar in terms of the style of play. It’s not like one of them is happy to drop deeper and play as a 10 at times.

Wilt

Haaland and Lukaku in the same team would actually be very unbalanced. I don’t see any harmony between them two as they are very similar in terms of the style of play. It’s not like one of them is happy to drop deeper and play as a 10 at times.
I‘ll let Tuchel be the judge of that.

However, I’m certain come the time ….Chelsea will be trying like Hell to sign Haaland.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's not that I dont think Bayern wouldn't try, nor that he would not go on principle or something, I just think he wants to show career progression and a kind of momentum. Moving to Bayern doesn't make as much sense if you see his context as becoming the worlds best striker. He backs himself as a player, and if he goes to Bayern that means he would have spent 8 years in one league, and he would be leaving Bayern in his mid 20s. I think Haaland would not want to be seen that way, maybe if Bayern were willing to give a 5 year contract with say a £100m sale clause after 3 years you might see him move there, but I don't think Bayern would entertain that.

Genuinely think this lad wants to show himself to be the best and I think he would consider a move to either the PL or La Liga, followed by a move to the other country after. From a timing POV I think it would make more sense to currently go to the PL next year, as la Liga is in a bit of a lull, as are RM. Stay in the PL for 4/5 years before moving on.

I think if he wants to guarantee a move on he would be better picking United rather than City, getting out of City is I think more difficult than leaving United. I have no doubt that if he joins us he would want to leave in 4/5 years to showcase himself in la Liga. I do think we will start to see lots more players doing things like this, especially elite level players.
The world's best striker currently plays at Bayern and Haaland would happen to replace him, so, whatever valid reservation one could have about Haaland to Bayern, this surely is an odd one.

cyberman

If he wanted Bayern he would have joined them over Dortmund.
He will move away from that league IMO.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The world's best striker currently plays at Bayern and Haaland would happen to replace him, so, whatever valid reservation one could have about Haaland to Bayern, this surely is an odd one.
Lewa isn't remotely similar to Haaland - Mino combo (not from a playing ability stand point)

While I do think Bayern has a chance, he isn't going to stay in Bundesliga for rest of his career.

cyberman

2 up top in this day and age is a tactical nightmare. Never mind playing with 5 at the back.

Wilt

2 up top in this day and age is a tactical nightmare. Never mind playing with 5 at the back.
Can’t say I’m sure either way …but feel certain come the time, Chelsea will be trying to sign Haaland.

redrobed

People talk all the time about the Raiola circus regarding Pogba, so why excuse that for Haaland? Or is it not about Raiola, and just an excuse to hate on Pogba?
The 500k figure is if he has to go to somewhere like Man City or Chelsea or Liverpool. He’d happily come to
us for substantially less.

Redcy

You are missing the rest of the interpretation, its not about him going to Bayern, its about I don't think he would want to stay in Germany for an extended period. He is not going the same path as Lewa, whilst its true that Lewa hasn't been stopped by playing in Germany, I don't see Haaland doing the same, his view seems to be that he needs to have played in many leagues to be considered the best. Who knows maybe he moves to Bayern and stays there until he is 35, Haaland seems though to be aiming for a different tack.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
You are missing the rest of the interpretation, its not about him going to Bayern, its about I don't think he would want to stay in Germany for an extended period. He is not going the same path as Lewa, whilst its true that Lewa hasn't been stopped by playing in Germany, I don't see Haaland doing the same, his view seems to be that he needs to have played in many leagues to be considered the best. Who knows maybe he moves to Bayern and stays there until he is 35, Haaland seems though to be aiming for a different tack.
Fair enough, I get the point, I just don't quite get from where exactly you get the certain feeling that needing to play in many leagues is Haaland's "view", or what he "would want"? Has he ever said anything like that? Or are you deducing it from his dad's and Raiola's agressive and public playing the field (which would be a reasonable deduction, of course)?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Give it to him. He’s worth every cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.